Your go-to movies

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahhh… I’d say something like requiem for a dream is like a top 20 film all time but I’ve watched it twice and likely never will again.

Rewatchability is part of a favourite film for me but it’s not really a measure of whether I think a film is good or not.
Ugh Requiem was brutal. I knew what happened going in and somehow it was still more depressing than expected.

No idea why anyone would want to watch that multiple times.

Zoolander
Terminator 2
Rear Window
Back to The Future Trilogy (I watch them all in a single marathon session, no regrets, a time less classic)
Step Brothers
Dodgeball
Vertigo
Alien
From Russia with Love
The Other Guys (I keep saying "I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly" to anyone in my life who frustrates me lol)

Last edited:
You know what, I'm not really sure I have any!

I've got a heap of favorite movies I've watched a handful of times, but for some reason I find myself wanting to 'save' movies for special occasions or something rather than just watching one of my favorites on a random Sunday afternoon.

Most Tarantino movies are probably the closest to a go-to, but I wouldn't have watched one of those for like 18 months or so now because part of me doesn't want to ruin them or something. Planning to watch OUATIH this Sunday though with a few cocktails.

I guess like a good comedy such as Tropic Thunder or something could fit, but then again I'd be surprised if I'd seen it 5 times. I'm usually looking for new movies to watch that I haven't seen.

I watched Heat and Nope both for the second time last weekend after seeing them for the first time in 22, and both of those films did offer me a bit of comfort on a cold, lonely Sunday.

Good topic though.

Anchorman
Ghostbusters
Amelie
T2
Pulp Fiction
The big lebowski
Blue velvet
The straight story
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
Goodfellas
John wick
Vampires kiss
The breakfast club
Home alone
Aliens
Angel heart
The thing
Desperado
Escape from new york
Predator
They live
Scarface
Fargo
Inglorious basterds
Bottle rocket
Lost in translation
Indians Jones series
Batman returns
Friday
Coffy
Total recall
From dusk til dawn
The shining
A clockwork orange
Fear and loathing in Las Vegas
Can rewatch all Tarantino, Scorsese, John carpenter, David lynch, Stanley Kubrick, John Hughes movies a lot and have

Last edited:
Zack Snyder DCEU films
Daniel Craig's Bond films
Matrix trilogy
Interstellar
Lost in Translation
Logan
The Man From Nowhere
Memoirs of Murderer
Heat
John Wick
Blade Runner 2049
Before Trilogy
The Dark Knight
Arrival
Prisoners
The Departed
LOTR trilogy
Man on Fire
American Gangster
House of Flying Daggers
Hero
Rush Hour trilogy
The Kingdom

And I think I'll stop there. There's too many

Ugh Requiem was brutal. I knew what happened going in and somehow it was still more depressing than expected.

No idea why anyone would want to watch that multiple times.
comes down to my enjoyment of the cinema artform, it's a very rewatchable film to me (I'm not a 'great; will never watch again' kind of person though)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Rock
Blood Diamond
The Boys Are Back
Jojo Rabbit
Beautiful Boy
A Single Man
Call Me By Your Name
Gettin' Square
Toy Soldiers

I forgot a sport movie in my list

Draft Day
The Natural
For the love of the game.

Kevin Costner has had some ripping sports movies over the years.

A couple more non-sports movies that I forgot in my original list.

The Big Short
Margin Call

both about the same subject, I think I prefer the second one.

The Green Mile
The Sound of Music
Mean Girls
American Beauty
The Shawshank Redemption
Dead Poets Society
Forrest Gump

Enemy at the Gates is always a go to if I need a laugh and a pick me up.

In all seriousness though they would be;

Life of Brian
Caddyshack
Stripes
National Lampoon's Vacation
Spies Like Us
Morons from Outer Space
Groundhog Day
Tommy Boy
Kingpin
The Big Lebowski
Deuce Bigalow Male Gigolo
Zoolander
Super Troopers
Crackerjack
Anchorman
Shaun of the Dead
Semi Pro
Superbad
Horrible Bosses
Due Date
This is the End

Just to name a few.

Last edited:
Apocalypse Now Redux

in here to post this movie. i have the theatrical and final cut versions, but never watched them. i do enjoy the french bit and the meeting playboy bunny bit (i think these are the main bits included in redux?)

i no doubt misunderstand this movie, and i'm not quite sure why i go back to it. there is some incredible and amazing scenery, the movie is even relaxing in parts. it's a bit of a road-trip movie. it's a war movie but i think more about the human motives at play. i think i enjoy the blurring of the line between right and wrong, and the moral grey areas, and people stumbling through war (life) on the cusp of insanity. i think i treat it as a metaphor for life, a disgusting and beautiful thing i don't understand, and i enjoy that i don't understand the movie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back