Universal Love YOUR Grand Final Day Story!

Remove this Banner Ad

Holy Moly reading some of these... '12 was one of the best days of my life. Managed to get to the 'G. I'll never forget.
Being from Adelaide, really hitting home about '14,'16. How much of an opportunity it was. We may not get there again for a long time :/...

Moved down to Melbourne from Newcastle in 2012. Used to live with the brother of the ex CEO of Swisse. He woke me up on the Friday before GF day and told me to suit up. He took me to the official Grand FInal Lunch and the after party at Club 23 as part of Swisse.

I was never a member living in Newcastle as worked hospitality so didnt make much sense. Paid $550 for a ticket for the 2012 GF.

Woke up real early Saturday morning. Went to Richmond Club Hotel at 10am when it opened for breakfast and beers.
Sat almost bang on the 50 3 rows back next to a little old Sth Melbourne man. Best. Day. Ever. The to and fro-ing of that GF was unbelievable. The Jetta dash started right in front of me. Malceski goal was up my end too. Just huge.

Also went to 2014 and 2016. 2014 was a weird feeling. I ended up just trying to enjoy being there. You never know when you're next one is going to be. 2016 was devastating. Going in favourites and all. Trying to stop the fairytale. Coming across all the bandwagon fans. Yeah that one hurt.

Okay, I've been to every Swans grand final in my life and I've lived in Nth Qld (from Vic) since 2003.... 1996, 2005, 2006, 2012, 2014(urgh) & 2016.
I have been to 2 with my wife - 2005 & 2012, the rest on my lonesome.
See the pattern?

So, who will help chip in for my better half's membership in 2018? Swans board, I'm looking at you! ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back