Your Grand Final Record

Remove this Banner Ad

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
Posting in another thread got my thinking about my atrocious record in grand finals, both team and individual.

2007 - Ireland Australian Rules Association, South Dublin Swans lost to Cork
2005/06 - Moore Park (Sydney) Cricket Association 1st Grade, Souths Juniors lost to Pagewood Rex (the team won 06/07 and 07/08 grand final's after i had left for o/s)
2000/01 - Moore Park (Sydney) Cricket Association Under 16's, Eastern Suburbs lost to Randwick
1999/00 - Moore Park (Sydney) Cricket Association Under 16's, Eastern Suburbs lost to Sydney Coast
1999 - Eastern Suburbs (Sydney) AFL Under 16's, East Sydney Bulldogs lost to Heathcote

its probably worth noting as well my sydney football club lost 2 consecutive grand finals in 2006 and 2007. 2006 i was ruled ineligible for the finals as i played too many games for the grade below us (yeah we all found that add as well), whilst in 2007 i was overseas.

--------------------------

prior to these there are a handful of underage events, but the competition was definetaly less serious than in years following as i got older.

Tennis:
Lost 2 doubles grand finals in a row (under 11's then under 12's) in a local underrage competition with about 30-odd teams involved.

Rugby Union:
Lost 3 consecutive grand finals with my junior club St Brigid's in the Randwick Juniors competition, under 8's, under 9's and under 10's.

one would say i'm due for a win. i suppose its better to get there, then not make it.

whats your look like??

U/12's footy - underdogs (lost to same team twice in season, and in semi final) - and yet miraculously won

U/14's footy - favorites and won

E Grade cricket :)o) - underdogs (finished season 4th on ladder - just made finals) - won

3/3 :D (although, TBH, I really didn't contribute too much to either of the first two. It really comes down to luck in terms of which team you play for more than anything).

Basketball - played 4 won 3 all junior titles

Football - played in a successful junior team for Mt Eliza. We competed in 5 straight grannies and won 4.

My school football team also one 2 (but for one of those it was just most wins after playing everyone won the title)

Cricket - 5 straight junior cricket flags at mt eliza

2 out of 2 in england in 2004 (one day cup and a league title) - senior

2 school cricket title

1 Victorian Cricket title, Australian Under 15 champs in bathurst

Mixed Netball - lost on tuesday night after being underfeated all season

so that makes me 19 / 22 which is pretty solid

My brother on the other hand is 1/10 or there abouts

Junior basketball - 2 out of 3
Senior basketball - 2 out of 2
Senior cricket - 0 out of 1

I'm in my 6th season of senior football and never played a final!

Lucky bastards ^^^

Never played 1. :(

That's in football from under 9's to under 16's in juniors, then 4 years seniors. 4 years in cricket and 6 seasons of basketball.

I have played 3 finals in all of that.

0/3. :mad:

19 of 22 GF's wtf...

cricket - 4 out of 4
footy - 0 out of 2
mixed netball - 1 out of 4
indoor cricket - 1 out of 1
touch - 1 out of 1

Overall - 7 out of 12, not bad, although the footy ones are the ones I am after....

soccer - played 2, won 1 lost 1.
cricket - form team all season, everyone had as as the team to beat, lost the freakin grand final. still hurts.

soccer - played 2, won 1 lost 1.
cricket - form team all season, everyone had as as the team to beat, lost the freakin grand final. still hurts.

This allways happens in junior sport, happened to not my footy team but the team all me mates from school played for, dominated the season belted most side's by 70+ points, and didn't drop a game all year. Grand final comes around and they choke and lose by 19 points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footy: 0 Grand Finals (I have been playing for 9 years and haven't played in a Finals Match)

Basketball: 1 Grand Final Loss in my first and only season

1995: Lost Basketball, Under 12's, scored our only bucket in the 1st half with a baseline jumper.
1999: Lost AFL, Under 17's, led at 3/4 time too
2000: Lost Club AFL, Under 16's (changed the age groups between seasons, proved disasterous), copped head knock early. School however won the 9-a-side comp.

FINALS: Won only 4 finals, 2 1999 Under 17's and 2 lead up hoops finals. Made 2000 granny because we were only one of 2 sides to field a legal team! Lost both reserves finals involved in 2000 (kicked only goal on a terrible day) and 2001. Missed out on 2004-2006 finals squads for seniors, 2005 through hamstring injury in 2nd last reserves round, other years through weight issues.

Basketball - played 4 won 3 all junior titles

Football - played in a successful junior team for Mt Eliza. We competed in 5 straight grannies and won 4.

My school football team also one 2 (but for one of those it was just most wins after playing everyone won the title)

Cricket - 5 straight junior cricket flags at mt eliza

2 out of 2 in england in 2004 (one day cup and a league title) - senior

2 school cricket title

1 Victorian Cricket title, Australian Under 15 champs in bathurst

Mixed Netball - lost on tuesday night after being underfeated all season

so that makes me 19 / 22 which is pretty solid

My brother on the other hand is 1/10 or there abouts

Bad luck man, that would've hurt. I've been pretty lucky with netball.

Mixed Netball: won 6 out of 8 GFs, with 5 seasons undefeated (2 juniors, 3 seniors) - best was 2 seasons in a row in one comp (I became too old for that comp, but my brother played on the next year and they got a 3rd season in a row). Have played in 5 different comps over the years.

I think 2 from 2. One was chick's netball, for one of the finals we actually came back to Geelong from Lorne in the middle of our schoolies week, and played a game sunburnt, hungover and some of us still actually drunk. We were shocked to win, then we backed it up the week after to take the flag. :D

The other was mixed netball. Man, playing netball with guys was so fun.

After a few years (six?) of club cricket, a couple of seasons indoor cricket, plus school cricket and footy and the odd soccer season, I never played in a final at all - much less a grand final. That's probably because my ability was such that I could only get a gane for the cr@ppiest of the cr@p, I'm long since retired from all sport due to incometency and age.

Footy - haven't played in a final yet

Tennis - 3 wins 8 loses won 2 in a row then lost like 7 in a row, 6 of which against the same side

Bit ashamed to say I haven't won yet played in a grand final at the age of 14.

Cricket - Always been in an average side.
Footy - Last year finished 3rd, but was 1st for the majority of the year until a form slump happened at the end of the year. Won the elimination final by 70-odd points, lost the preliminary final in extra time after conceding a goal with 17 seconds left in normal time.

This year though, sitting 8-0 and should have a flag to go with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back