Your hats that remain unfeathered

Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
In their draft year, I thought we were silly to draft Max Gawn over Nat Vardy.

No feather in my hat for that one. :crossmark: 🪶 :womanshat:

BUT HOW ABOUT YOU?

Baby my hat is very jaunty, full of plumes. Feathered like a peacock's rear end.
I styled it myself back in 2012 when I called the Melbourne Football Club personally and promised them Ollie Wines would be the greatest midfielder of all time.

Correct me if I'm wrong?
I'm not wrong.

In their draft year, I thought we were silly to draft Max Gawn over Nat Vardy.

Exactly what I thought. o_O

Said Sam Blease would be a gun, well, he was for one day when he kicked 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Mark Neeld with his tough talk was just the perfect coach we needed.
Even when we were s**t in 2012 and basically only beating expansion sides, I thought: “yeah he’s burning down the village to save the village.”

Round 1, 2013 helped me see that this was the case:
Batman Explosion GIF

I told my (former AFL Superstar) boss that Jack Trengove would win a Brownlow Medal when he was named Captain.

I told my (former AFL Superstar) boss that Jack Trengove would win a Brownlow Medal when he was named Captain.
Trenners was a testament to the meat thresher that was player development in that time. Two years in, he had numbers comparable to Rory Sloane. We made him captain in his third year and battle through foot injuries to basically career over by the time he was 25.

I don’t doubt that our recruiting was poor in that era but we probably killed a lot of careers with appalling player development.

Thought Luke Jackson at 3 was a horrible pick given where we were at and his lack of production as a forward.

Kind of half feathered/half unfeathered in the end.

He was a great pick at 3, helped us win a flag and we got pretty good value back from the trade. Was able to impact the game with his athleticism way, way earlier than expected. Questions still remain over his forward craft (I remember looking up the WAFL colts stats he played in and he had never kicked more than 2 goals in a game lol) but that is now Freo's problem to deal with :$.

I'm still shocked Jordan Gysberts didn't win multiple Brownlow medals.
I predicted Dom Tyson would be in North Melbourne's best 22.

Thought Luke Jackson at 3 was a horrible pick given where we were at and his lack of production as a forward.

Kind of half feathered/half unfeathered in the end.

He was a great pick at 3, helped us win a flag and we got pretty good value back from the trade. Was able to impact the game with his athleticism way, way earlier than expected. Questions still remain over his forward craft (I remember looking up the WAFL colts stats he played in and he had never kicked more than 2 goals in a game lol) but that is now Freo's problem to deal with :$.
The WAFL colts must not have got to play the GOLD COAST SUNS! Tough draw!

Last edited:
Huge day that one when he kicked 4 goals and LEAD US TO VICTORY over the SUNS by 98 POINTS - undoubtedly it was the FIRE STARTER for our PREMIERSHIP DROUGHT BREAKING YEAR
I have that game on NAME A GAME KAYO SPORTS and have dubbed it: THE JACKSON 4! đź‘€

Thought Billy Stretch could be a handy player. Bit of a stretch, I admit.

I held out optimism for Matthew Bate, Ricky Petterd and Jack Grimes for an unreasonable amount of time. I think I just really wanted those three to succeed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back