Your hats that remain unfeathered

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Luke Tapscott would be the complete AFL half back flanker. Thought similar about Will Gould when he came along ten years later too.

I thought Michael "Juice" Newton was going to win a Coleman and take multiple marks of the year. Got close to one, but i think it was in a practice game?

Thought Brock McLean was going to skipper us to a period of sustained finals.

I thought Nev Jetta was an absolute plodder and should have been delisted. Was adamant we got the wrong Jetta. Lewis snagged two flags but I wouldn't swap Lord Nev for him if we had the time again.

To be fair I think we were all fooled by Neeld in the beginning.

From a SUCCESSFUL CULTURE and with lots of TOUGH WORDS he was sure to STRAIGHTEN US OUT and HARDEN US UP.

I don't think anyone would have predicted he would genuinely be the worst AFL coach of all time.

To be fair I think we were all fooled by Neeld in the beginning.

From a SUCCESSFUL CULTURE and with lots of TOUGH WORDS he was sure to STRAIGHTEN US OUT and HARDEN US UP.

I don't think anyone would have predicted he would genuinely be the worst AFL coach of all time.
So I follow this team, uh, called Melbourne and they needed a coach. They get this guy called Mark Neeld, who at his press conference says he wants to make us the hardest team to play against. Who alienates all the young players. Who tells the senior players that he doesn’t rate them. Who recruits hacks because he thinks it’s moneyball. Who loses and loses until the first two games in his second year are losses by 79 and 148 points. So I stick a knife in my mouth like this, now I see the funny side, now I’m always SMILING.
the joker smile GIF

I thought Michael "Juice" Newton was going to win a Coleman and take multiple marks of the year. Got close to one, but i think it was in a practice game?
He took it in 2007 during the season and won the whole thing

Thought the club was stupid to go out and get key backs in May and Lever and thought we should be focusing on recruiting key forwards instead.

Also thought Tommy Bug was the pest we needed, still do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno if your Tapscotts, Morton's, Petterds etc count do they? Alot of them were actually really good early not our faults they were being developed by idiots
If we just give them games with no particular role and say competitive a lot they will turn into stars of the future. 🥳🤗

If we just give them games with no particular role and say competitive a lot they will turn into stars of the future. 🥳🤗
Take Petterd as an example, if you thought he would be good, he was for a year. Really good. Kinda like a less accurate but probably as talented Fritsch. We had no ability to develop them and I get the feeling they had all their freedom and confidence stripped

Take Petterd as an example, if you thought he would be good, he was for a year. Really good. Kinda like a less accurate but probably as talented Fritsch. We had no ability to develop them and I get the feeling they had all their freedom and confidence stripped
Imagine Morton or Watts if developed under Roos. :(

Unbelievable how many of our young players looked great in their first 1-2 seasons before drifting badly.

Imagine players like Bowey and JVR trying to work it out a decade ago.
Bowey would be delisted already. JVR probably never plays a game.

Bate, Bennell, Dunn, Garland, Grimes, Gysberts, Howe, Martin, Morton, Petterd, Tapscott, Trengove, Watts and Wonaeamirri all had their careers curtailed by our s**t development.
Addam Maric play professional cryptic crosswording?

Bate, Bennell, Dunn, Garland, Grimes, Gysberts, Howe, Martin, Morton, Petterd, Tapscott, Trengove, Watts and Wonaeamirri all had their careers curtailed by our s**t development.
Lol wtf are Howe, Martin and Wonna doing in here? Howe was always good for us up forward and an even better defender. But he hated playing defence and ran to Collingwood who promised he’d be a forward…

Wonna went home after his father passed away. Not much more to it.

Martin was a gun ruck for us in 2011 when Jamar got injured and then Neeld refused to play him and shipped him off for a fourth rounder because of his “training standards”

I agree with the Bugg call. Need a bit of campaigner about the team.
heard from so many dees supporters about how we had 'too many private school types' and needed some mongrel, plenty of good private school players running around, we were just s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back