Your Honor

Remove this Banner Ad

so was Adam meant to be hit?

Nah, he was trying to get Carlo.

Not sure why people are talking about season 2. As far as I was aware, they always said it was a stand-alone 10 part series.

It was ok. Without Cranston it would have been fairly mediocre.

Nah, he was trying to get Carlo.

Not sure why people are talking about season 2. As far as I was aware, they always said it was a stand-alone 10 part series.

It was ok. Without Cranston it would have been fairly mediocre.
Without Stuhlbarg it would've been mediocre too. He is brilliant in everything I've seen him in.
I don't quite get the issue with the baseball since that's easily explained as having been lifted from the car when it was stolen.
Yeah, you're right. After watching the last episode it's obvious why they were making a big deal of the baseball, but I (and hopefully others too haha) really thought it was a possible link based on how much attention they put on it.
Good ending, but as others mentioned a few details were a little far fetched for mine. I really didn’t understand the parallel with the mum’s murder & the affair side story was just plain bizarre & unnecessary...Was she killed by her lover???

Absolutely no need for a 2nd season.
I thought the last episode was really fantastic and the way they convinced the detective and the lawyer to let it go was really well done. But the final scene just felt really unsatisfying. I appreciate that it's just another layer of chaos, but it cheapened the rest of the series for me.

Without Stuhlbarg it would've been mediocre too. He is brilliant in everything I've seen him in.

Yeah, you're right. After watching the last episode it's obvious why they were making a big deal of the baseball, but I (and hopefully others too haha) really thought it was a possible link based on how much attention they put on it.

I thought the last episode was really fantastic and the way they convinced the detective and the lawyer to let it go was really well done. But the final scene just felt really unsatisfying. I appreciate that it's just another layer of chaos, but it cheapened the rest of the series for me.

Well it felt like they were trying to build tension because the baseball came from the car as if the lawyer would make the link. But the guy who stole the car.. had the car? So him having the baseball wasn't weird at all lol.

Well it felt like they were trying to build tension because the baseball came from the car as if the lawyer would make the link. But the guy who stole the car.. had the car? So him having the baseball wasn't weird at all lol.
I can't remember though, was the ball always in the car? Or did it get put in there for a specific purpose. I feel like I remember it being in his office?

Such a strange show. I actually really enjoyed it throughout and the acting from most was great but it just ended in such a convoluted and unsatisfying way. Far too many loose ends just left hanging, unrealistic decision making throughout, Adam just being a pain in the ass from start to finish...

If you think about it from the perspective that all characters were there to serve the main plot, then there isn't much else to resolve.

The main story was a judge with a strong history of ethical law practice throws it all away to protect his son, which ultimately led to nothing but numerous casualties including the very reason he did all that. Bad Karma all round. Hell, it even started with his wife screwing some random person and the son paying tribute to her. If you think about it, if Cranston had been honest about his cheating wife and the circumstances of her death, all that s**t a year later could have been avoided.

Its a bit like the conclusion to Farscape which also had a number of loose threads but focused on concluding the main ones. At one stage the main character says:

'No, it is not what I want. It's just that fate keeps blocking all the exits. And no matter what I do I just keep circling closer to the flame.'

Basically Cranston's whole character arc.

Yeah so I don't really get the whole twist about her cheating on him, did that resolve her murder? I felt like I missed something with that.
I felt like it was two-fold - it showed another way that Michael would protect his son from anything that could potentially hurt him, but also explain some of his own behaviour earlier in the season where it seemed that he was being a bit callous with the memory of his wife. Like a few things, I think it wanted to appear much deeper than it was.

So many unnecessary plot lines and characters too. What was the payoff for Adams grandma being in the story apart than to spill the beans to Adam about another pointless part of the story?

I also didn't like how dumb we were expected to believe these characters are. Michael just expects that once the trial is over Jimmy will let him go and be cool? Please. Adam constantly turning off his phone or just not answering despite the s**t he knows he and his dad are in?

So many unnecessary plot lines and characters too. What was the payoff for Adams grandma being in the story apart than to spill the beans to Adam about another pointless part of the story?

I also didn't like how dumb we were expected to believe these characters are. Michael just expects that once the trial is over Jimmy will let him go and be cool? Please. Adam constantly turning off his phone or just not answering despite the sh*t he knows he and his dad are in?

Yeah the grandma knowing they weren't there on the anniversary led nowhere. Same issue I had with the guy running for mayor just happily organising to get rid of the car then when he finds out the car was involved in a hit and run the day before not even questioning that Michael may have been involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back