Opinion Your impression of each club's fanbase

Remove this Banner Ad

You are right that as a West Australian you were expected to support West Coast and especially in the one-team-town years of 1987-94. I never supported them because I started to dislike the massive media coverage they got and the crazy pro-Eagles bias of the media. That made me pretty much an outcast. The demise of State of Origin was very sad. It is interesting how in QLD the rugby-league fans support their club and state team but in WA it didn't happen that way. Something else that was very sad is the demise of the WAFL. For years I blamed the Eagles but now I realize the poor logic in that position.

Talking about dark days of the Eagles, remember the game at Windy Hill in 1988 or 1989 when the Eagles only scored one goal?

Yeah thats understandable. My best mate was a Saints fan. He never lived in Melbourne or anything, just liked them I guess. Yeah the rise of the national league was inevitable.

No I was only a baby then. Was born in 1986, same year the WCFC was established.

obsessed and salty about West Coast

South or East Fremantle should have got the second WA licence (or both of them) so they could have brought their history and tradition in as Port Adelaide have done. Dockers' support is only a majority in the old South Fremantle zone in any case I have read.

South or East Fremantle should have got the second WA licence (or both of them) so they could have brought their history and tradition in as Port Adelaide have done. Dockers' support is only a majority in the old South Fremantle zone in any case I have read.

It's stronger South of the river, but there are still plenty of Eagles fans like myself who grow up south of the river and never switched.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back