80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:

The National today. Beautiful conditions, a light gentle breeze. Overcast with rain on the last green. Moonah is always in terrific condition, even as the weather becomes cooler.

No balls were lost today. Disappointments mostly o the 3rd, when you're 119 from the pin after driver hit to centre of the fairway, one must not double. Pulled wedge left with a downhill slider putt from the apron. Nope nope and nope.

Highlight, par 5 over the back in 3. ball stuck 30cm above the ground in a wall of soil and grass ledge. flubbed it out. waltzed up and maintained calmness without thinking chipped in. Nonchalant.

crap thing was a 4.30 hr round. stableford. ffs. Yes its the guest course for the day, but cmon guests in the group in front (x2), you dont need to freaking take forever, take photos, go find a ball thats dead. Its stableford!!!!

The National today. Beautiful conditions, a light gentle breeze. Overcast with rain on the last green. Moonah is always in terrific condition, even as the weather becomes cooler.

No balls were lost today. Disappointments mostly o the 3rd, when you're 119 from the pin after driver hit to centre of the fairway, one must not double. Pulled wedge left with a downhill slider putt from the apron. Nope nope and nope.

Highlight, par 5 over the back in 3. ball stuck 30cm above the ground in a wall of soil and grass ledge. flubbed it out. waltzed up and maintained calmness without thinking chipped in. Nonchalant.

crap thing was a 4.30 hr round. stableford. ffs. Yes its the guest course for the day, but cmon guests in the group in front (x2), you dont need to freaking take forever, take photos, go find a ball thats dead. Its stableford!!!!

I would be taking photos allround when we play a round at the National peternorth . Brace yourself.

Gentsomes today. Played with course staff and stupid pins.
Great fun but not real golf.
Fwiw round took 4.5hrs. Weird when you think everyone hits from the best drive.

Trying to think when my next round is, footy is back so coaching curtails my weekends with couple time. If only she enjoyed heading out for a round, or even a drive around the course in a cart.
I’ve heard your future MIL has taken the game up….family fun times coming up for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoyed less than the full 18 holes due to downpour at peninsula. Golf was fun and playing fairly well. only one lost ball playing off 13. Putted well and adninistering a hybrid around the greens instead of chipping when the requirement demands

Enjoyed less than the full 18 holes due to downpour at peninsula. Golf was fun and playing fairly well. only one lost ball playing off 13. Putted well and adninistering a hybrid around the greens instead of chipping when the requirement demands

Good strategy using the hybrid around the greens. With tight lies it makes more sense than trying to smack a putter 30-40m
I should do it more but struggle with distance control (don't practice enough with it). I tend to chip and run with a 9iron back in the stance

Good strategy using the hybrid around the greens. With tight lies it makes more sense than trying to smack a putter 30-40m
I should do it more but struggle with distance control (don't practice enough with it). I tend to chip and run with a 9iron back in the stance
or when chipping uphill into the grain onto a green that is treacherous. !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back