80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Monthly Medal tomorrow and I am in the worst form in quite a while. Confidence is low. I will try and play conservatively and within myself in the hope that I minimise the damage.

Top 3 result coming

Little AC scrambled at his tourney. Finished strong both days but didn't have his best game this week. Despite that, he had 2 really big highlights. Holed out from 70 yards (64 meters) for eagle to a pin that was obscured by a bunker/mound from his location on the fairway. Only ever saw the flag.

Also bombed a 55 foot putt for birdie on 17 (8th hole--but they played back/front) that was pretty to watch the entire distance. Curved nicely to the hole and dropped right in as if it was a tap in.

Now he is under orders from his old man to swim, play with his buddies and enjoy his summer. ;)

Looks like this might be the one, thanks :thumbsu:

I wanted to tee off at first light at Mt Macedon today but given it was -3 or something overnight I'm glad I didn't. 10am tee off. Means I'll miss the start of the Blues game though.

Spoiler alert....

Blues lose.

:p

Shot 92/79. 9 over hcp. Tough setup with an 132 slope rating. A major meltdown on the par 3 15th blew the score right out. Also, it doesn't help when the first three holes are a par 4, par 3 and a par 4 and I rack up scores that are the numbers for a Boeing jet airliner.

Because the hcp you using the stableford method, my major meltdown was obviously disregarded. Today's game was a 12 flag game. DSR was 73 and it classed me as playing to 74.

I teed it up this morning at 6:50 in 2 degree heat and a big frost. My pathetic form of the past 7 or 8 rounds continued for the first 5 holes with 5 points. Finished the front nine with 13 points and then had 22 points on the back 9 for a 35. I only washed one hole with a double bogey on the second. My daily hcp was 13. GA hcp is 11.3.

Ballarat want as cold as i thought it would be , but it wasn't warm either , shot 90 off the stick with my handicap of 19 gave me a 1 under 71 , had four lip outs so should have been better. Happy with how i hit them, been going ok of late.

Last edited:
My weekend of golf started with 5 points in 4 holes...
Finished the 9 back level with my card (still scratching my head how)
Composed myself for the back 9 and was back to level on 17th tee...and then...

Can you see where this is going?
Yep... 32 points

course and h/c?

I had exactly double the amount of points on the back 9 than I did on the front 9 and I had 16 on the back :$:$:$

What's worse is I was absolutely creaming my driver for most of the day. There was a 346m downhill par 4 (Would have been maybe 330m given markers) and I creamed it 15m short of the green. Put the next shot on and 3 putted.

I now live by John Daly's grip it and rip it motto off the tee. Theres a 340m par 4 straight uphill at mt macedon that I could never reach in two but reached it twice on the weekend (missed green but distance not an issue haha).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any blokes on here play out inner eastern suburbs way?
Maybe already got a social group going or something?
looking for a new golf mate as mine's just pissed off overseas the selfish twat :p

Playing at Mossman later this morning and although I don't have high hopes of shooting a good score with hire clubs I'm still excited.

There's also a factory outlet golf apparel store in Port Douglas (Sporte Leisure, greg norman etc). I only walked past yesterday but looked like some really great prices so I'll have to drop in later today or tomorrow and see what bargains I can score.

Playing at Mossman later this morning and although I don't have high hopes of shooting a good score with hire clubs I'm still excited.

There's also a factory outlet golf apparel store in Port Douglas (Sporte Leisure, greg norman etc). I only walked past yesterday but looked like some really great prices so I'll have to drop in later today or tomorrow and see what bargains I can score.

Its pretty cheap at port d

Enjoy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back