80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Played on Sunday. For some reason they were playing off the back tees as opposed to the whites (which they always play on a Sunday). Those who always play Sundays must have struggled because I scored 37 points and won :$

Jun 29, 2004
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Also I played a round with my brother yesterday at Melbourne Airport GC. I had a birdie and 4 pars for the day and still would have shot close to 110 for the day. Atrocious golf.

Never concentrate enough or play smart golf when I'm with friends/family.

Little AC got this today. Not this year but soon. ;)

Congratulations!
Your young golfer(s) has earned an invitation to the second annual Australian Open. The event will take place January 20–21, 2018 at Riverside Oaks Golf Resort.

Played 9 on Friday and 18 today at the same course, Riverside GC in Launceston, TAS

Friday I hit 48, with 6 bogeys and 2 doubles. Felt really good with the putter for once, so was super keen to get back out there today...

...115 :rolleyes:

Butchered almost everything! The battle for consistency continues!

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Monthly Medal yesterday. Slope was 132 and I played off 12. Shot 90/78. I couldn't get going at all early and needed four birdies and four pars off the last 8 holes to go to handicap. I had finished 4 over off the last 8 to at least steady the ship.

Jun 29, 2004
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
31 points on Saturday. Bit of a waste as probably my best ball-striking round ever. Just couldn't capitalize on or around the greens all day.

2 points on first 8 holes before wiping 9, the hardest on the course. Made them back up quickly on the back 9 but got to 15th and tried to slice a drive around a dogleg. Dumb decision, went long and straight and into the s**t. Wiped the hole. Frustrated got to 17 which is probably 5 iron, wedge into the green. Pull out driver and go OOB. wiped hole. Round stuffed, good job dickhead :drunk::D

Little AC and me played in Father/son scramble event today.

It was a lot of fun and his old man didn't kill him, I even dropped in a birdie from 15 feet.

Little AC picked up closest to pin award for the juniors.

We ended up 3rd but considering I stink that was a damn good result! ;)

Played my best 9 holes yet yesterday, managed to hit 44 around the back 9 at Mowbray

Finished off by draining a 3 foot birdie putt on the Par 4 18th

Of course, this means my next round will be 65 or so!

Little AC got this today. Not this year but soon. ;)

Congratulations!
Your young golfer(s) has earned an invitation to the second annual Australian Open. The event will take place January 20–21, 2018 at Riverside Oaks Golf Resort.

Congrats mate (albeit more for your son)!!

question, if the bigfooty golfing brotherhood rock up in support can we yell out bubba booey when he tees off? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played my best 9 holes yet yesterday, managed to hit 44 around the back 9 at Mowbray

Finished off by draining a 3 foot birdie putt on the Par 4 18th

Of course, this means my next round will be 65 or so!

Sorry if already been established, whats your handicap?

Congrats mate (albeit more for your son)!!

question, if the bigfooty golfing brotherhood rock up in support can we yell out bubba booey when he tees off? ;)

Just showed him the post and not only can you--he is super excited about that happening!

Now he wants to go this year--thanks fellas ;)

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Went to Tenterfield yesterday in Northern NSW. Had 35pts. Very dry atm but the course was still in good shape. Two narrow but unlikely washes from good positions didn't help.

Little AC picked up another W today at Edgewood Country Club--slope rating of 129 on bent grass.

His best hole was Par 5 fifth, playing 315 yards for the 9 year olds.

Got one out there 201 just leaking to right rough. Looking at 114 to pin needing to carry water he used hybrid to land on green--ball took a peek at hole and ended up 18 feet above hole.

2 putts for his birdie.

I just shake my head and wish I could hit it 1/2 as good

Last edited:
Sorry if already been established, whats your handicap?

I didn't really have one to begin with, but I was generally 101-105 around 18 holes

My last 2 9-hole efforts have been 44 & 46, and mScorecard has me now at 18.9

27 points. Took a giant chunk out of my thumb cheering on the eagles last night. Was inflamed and extremely sore - no bueno.

I didn't really have one to begin with, but I was generally 101-105 around 18 holes

My last 2 9-hole efforts have been 44 & 46, and mScorecard has me now at 18.9

like where youre heading mate!

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Little AC picked up another W today at Edgewood Country Club--slope rating of 129 on bent grass.

His best hole was Par 5 fifth, playing 315 yards for the 9 year olds.

Got one out their 201 just leaking to right rough. Looking at 114 to pin needing to carry water he used hybrid to land on green--ball took a peek at hole and ended up 18 feet above hole.

2 putts for his birdie.

I just shake my head and wish I could hit it 1/2 as good
9 years old and playing like a pro the bastard. You must be proud? :thumbsu:

like where youre heading mate!

So am I!

I was being lazy with my grip on the irons. Now I'm focusing every shot, massive difference. Just need to get that one blowout hole out of my game, and improve my chipping/putting, and I'll be making headway!

After hitting the 44 Friday, I was itching to get back out ASAP to prove to myself it wasn't a fluke! Shut up my shop at work an hour early and raced off yesterday :tearsofjoy:

9 years old and playing like a pro the bastard. You must be proud? :thumbsu:

I just stay out of his way. You would be amazed at some of the talent these kids have.

He does well considering he must play at least one other sport--he chose basketball

I don't want him hating golf by time he is 16--so I have learned to watch his schedule, especially during our summertime. I keep it to one or two a month in summer.

I let him loose in fall a bit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back