-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Surely you fellas have been on the course this past weekend

Some of us are living vicariously thru you up here in perpetual winter land.

So let's hear about it boys

I bow to those who have played. Sadly I hath arrived in Hong Kong thus no time for golf......until round at Clearwater bay gc on Saturday

Surely you fellas have been on the course this past weekend

Some of us are living vicariously thru you up here in perpetual winter land.

So let's hear about it boys
40pts today. I crucified at least 5pts and was not in a happy mood until someone in their mid 20’s off a handicap of 35 had 48pts.
Saturday I only had 24pts.

Today was torture, very rarely do I actually not enjoy myself regardless of my own score...The reason being today, the other 3 in my group all shot 110+. It was unbelievable.

tenor.gif

40pts today. I crucified at least 5pts and was not in a happy mood until someone in their mid 20’s off a handicap of 35 had 48pts.
Saturday I only had 24pts.

Your use of the word crucifix in relation to golf on this long weekend is apt, clever and different

We dodged raindrops and hit balls on the range.

Says his wrist feels fine.

Weather will continue to suck well into next week so no chance of playing a round until maybe the 13th.

We need to move :)

My last round was at Howlong golf for my 3 day weekend. Course was in awesome condition.

Friday was Stableford, playing off 18 scored a grand total of 25pts, sucked hard core, weather was awesome, nothing to blame.

Saturday was stroke, had 48 on the back nine as our first tee start was tghe 10th, was hitting them average, however come the front 9 for what ever reason things improved a lot, and came in with a 39, had 3 lip outs which stopped me from parring the front 9. Was the best i'd hit them in a while, topped the day off winning the $50 meat raffle after the round in the club house. The local old ducks were not happy :)

Sunday was Ambrose two ball best ball style, random draw saw me paired up with the worst golfer in the club, it was drizzly pretty much the whole way around and summed up my mood at the end, instead of playing relaxed golf , tried to over compensate for my partners lack of ability, and tried way too hard, we all know how that ends, we finished dead last.

But as bad as the golf was at times, it was still an awesome weekend.

Playing at reciprocal club Clearwater Bay today. After experiencing Discovery Bay GC last year this completes my Hong Kong golfing experience (for now).

15040595002624.png

Think I didnt bring enough balls.

Unbelievable. Par 70, but with winds coming every which way, plus blind shots and breaking my Clearwater virginity, made it a challenge. Drove straight for perhaps 70% of the time, started off so good with the D, but as the round progressed became lazy and hooked balls into the never never. Incidentally, red staked areas are governed not only by red stakes but also electric fences. So look at the pic above and basically around the perimeter of the fairways lie buzzzzzzz wires. Yes I put around 10 balls into the cliffs. Yes.

Stimpmeter said 9, and was slow for what i am used to.

Fairways excellent condition, and the aprons, or fringes around the greens looked like fake grass so pristine they were. A joy to play. Carts are only allowed on paths unless you are an old campaigner.

Visually spectacular. Eagles soared above us, was told about them by mates who have played before here.

Country club facilities first class with sports areas including table tennis, outdoor pool/kids area, indoor kids play area, and craft holiday thingos for kids to enjoy.

GOlfing in asia is like rocking upto a hotel lobby at first. That's how their pro shops look like. Very different to home, in my experience playing over here for years.

Staff are attentive, when you rock up they take your bags, check you name and place it on an allocated cart irrespective if you are carting or not.

This course >>>>> Discovery Bay. Back here in June!

Hahahahaha . I wish! No yacht. There’s a helipad though which is where I park my chopper

I shoulda guessed that ya bastard!!

By the way there is NOOOOO way I am showing little AC that photo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weather (allegedly) climbing into the mid 20's of your C's this weekend.

Will be first round of golf since Arizona--yes, the weather has been that bad this year.

His new driver arrives tomorrow so he will have it in hand.

Cannot wait to get out there---my game needs a lot of help before the father/son scramble down in Pinehurst. A LOT of help. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back