80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Played X-golf tonight. Honestly felt like giving up on the game. I've had 4 lessons so far and I can't consistently improve. After hitting some great straight irons at lessons last week, I couldn't get anything working tonight. I'm talking pushing every iron, duffing irons that go 30m along the ground. Constantly changing my swing shot to shot because nothing's working. Swinging and missing the ball completely multiple times.

I played so badly and got so down I'M starting to think the game is just not for me.

Played X-golf tonight. Honestly felt like giving up on the game. I've had 4 lessons so far and I can't consistently improve. After hitting some great straight irons at lessons last week, I couldn't get anything working tonight. I'm talking pushing every iron, duffing irons that go 30m along the ground. Constantly changing my swing shot to shot because nothing's working. Swinging and missing the ball completely multiple times.

I played so badly and got so down I'M starting to think the game is just not for me.
keep at it. more lessons and practice. key for learning golf is to focus on one thing to improve.

keep at it. more lessons and practice. key for learning golf is to focus on one thing to improve.
I'm still feeling like my shorter distance irons I have to "reach" too much as well and not sure if that's having an impact on my swing, like they are half an inch short for someone who's about 6"1

I'm still feeling like my shorter distance irons I have to "reach" too much as well and not sure if that's having an impact on my swing, like they are half an inch short for someone who's about 6"1

could be a number of factors. a pro should be able to sort it out for you

There's a reason why the great pro's don't win week in and week out. eg: Tiger wins the Masters, misses the cut at the Open.
Consistency in golf is a myth, even for the best.
Striving for consistent improvement will do your head in and, yes, will make you hate the game.

Breath, relax, enjoy the ride and accept that you are going to be pretty good one day and absolute crap the next.
That's golf and the intrinsic, yet frustrating, beauty of the game.

Unfortunately that's golf. Craven Morehead is 100% correct regarding the pros and how they lose form. Ive called it the golfing tide on here before. Some days it's in, some days it's out.
Both the frustration and beauty of golf is that's its completely up to you to turn it around. There's no teammates or opponents to help or hinder you.
When my swing is cactus, I head off to the range and buy the biggest bucket of balls they have and just hit, hit, hit. 2 or 3 times in a week if not more if I can get the time.
You'll turn it around.
Just remember.

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Does anybody know of a course that does Sunday comp in Melbourne that a visitor can play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

32pts at Wynnum Golf Club. I went wash, wash, birdie to start on a reasonably easy golf course. Started on the back. Greens were slow as *. I washed the 16th hole as well after a great drive on a Par 4. I’ll carve this course next time. First time jitters stuffed me a bit. I left a shitload of putts short dead on line.

As I posted earlier, it has been a massive weekend for our tiny, 100% voluntary club.
Huge charity day for the school yesterday, which raised over $6,000
YAY!!
Then B Grade Mens Pennants today.
Over 50 players, beautiful day, all good.
But we only had 2 B Graders available, so myself and another fellow C grader filled the breach.

And bugger me, and I'm still pinching myself, this old fella won the nett with a 69/70 for the whole day.

(I know, I know....Pennants is usually Matchplay...but, for some reason, we play stroke here).

Still happy as a pig in shyte though!

Last edited:
Probably the wrong thread..but have any of you guys joined future golf? Seems you get access to some pretty nice tracks and get a fair bit for your dosh. Any feedback if you have experience or heard anything would be great.

havent joined that group sorry. But it certainly allows you to play some courses.

Probably the wrong thread..but have any of you guys joined future golf? Seems you get access to some pretty nice tracks and get a fair bit for your dosh. Any feedback if you have experience or heard anything would be great.

Never heard of it tbh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back