80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
First time at Ringwood and thought it was good, will definitely go back. Greens were rock hard and speedy but it’s a nice course and very quiet for a sunny Saturday afternoon. Not many at all on the back 9.

+17 for the day and played okay. Quick greens messed with short game and putting a bit, ended up overshooting a lot. But pretty happy and a good day overall. Watch works a treat, going to get some good use out of it. Pretty awesome being able to see how far I’m hitting them and where I’m missing.View attachment 746234View attachment 746233
Par 5 6th has 6 shots but you made par on the card? What's happening there? Love the idea, its probably something i could use to confirm what parts of the game need focus practicing.

I shot 94/81 yesterday at Tenterfield. Ten over handicap. Three pars to start and then three bogeys. A 9 on the Par 5 seventh hole destroyed me.
Besides that, my mate and I beat my wife’s uncle and his mate in the skins. I contributed at crucial times even though the golf was poor. I sunk a one metre turner down hill to square the last to hold onto a one hole lead. Good times.
When we were walking off one of the blokes we were playing against said we’ll get you next time and I just reminded him that we hold 3-1 advantage over them now. All friendly banter of course.

Par 5 6th has 6 shots but you made par on the card? What's happening there? Love the idea, its probably something i could use to confirm what parts of the game need focus practicing.
Ah yes, I did find that very rarely the watch would register a shot when it wasn’t played. So for example on the walk between green and tee. I’m not sure exactly why, might be clubs banging against each other in the bag? Will have to do a bit of research. Only happened twice yesterday and easily fixable post round as you can go in and adjust it. Same with the club selections, post round you can go in and switch if you hastily picked one mid round.

Really didn't enjoy myself today combination of too early, a couple too many beers and a fierce wind out at Mt Derimutt.

Did drive 3 greens, hitting a 4 iron through the 10th somehow.

Finding the transition of my new changes from driving range to the course very hard and deflating. Will be out again at the driving range this week because if I don't i willl lose the spark again.

Been lurking this thread the last month and thought I'd join in. Started playing golf more regularly as of this year nearly getting in at least 1 round a week since March/April. Played at the following courses
- Burnley
- Eastern Freeway
- Malvern Valley
- Glen Waverley
- Albert Park
- Yarra Bend
- Ivanhoe

Have constantly been around the 100-105 mark having only hit under 100 twice which was a 97 at Ivanhoe and a 99 at freeway. Playing Yarra bend tomorrow so hoping can hit under 100. Might go hit a few balls at the range before I play tomorrow then go for my round rather than walk up to the tee after a few practise putts and think I'm ready to go :laughing:

I've been practicing a lot after a lesson. Got 18 in today. Front 9 was appalling. No shot went where I wanted. Missing left and right. I was furious and was definitely having 'why bother with this game' thoughts. Back 9 started the same and then....... the tide turned. 2nd shot on the 2nd (played the back 9 first), a 9 iron from 130m to about 4m. Game on moles.
A few of the tees were up, but just started smashing it. 7th was playing about 300m, cut the corner of the dogleg to have a 40m pitch and got on in 2 for the first time on the par 5 ninth. 2nd shot was a 230m 3 wood (didn't make the eagle).
The difference between the two 9's was unbelievable, just needed the swing to click and I'm so relieved it did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After sleep and thought I think it’s not as tough as it seems. Smart play is the way to go. Though elevated greens on every hole provided challenges.

Slope rating is quite low at 130.
I heard that the slope rating is 137 off the championship tees only because they are temporary. I’m sure Bonville off the championship tees is normally 145. Does anyone know this?
My home course is 132.

I heard that the slope rating is 137 off the championship tees only because they are temporary. I’m sure Bonville off the championship tees is normally 145. Does anyone know this?
My home course is 132.
Eagle Ridge off the back blocks was a slope of 147 or something

Been lurking this thread the last month and thought I'd join in. Started playing golf more regularly as of this year nearly getting in at least 1 round a week since March/April. Played at the following courses
- Burnley
- Eastern Freeway
- Malvern Valley
- Glen Waverley
- Albert Park
- Yarra Bend
- Ivanhoe

Have constantly been around the 100-105 mark having only hit under 100 twice which was a 97 at Ivanhoe and a 99 at freeway. Playing Yarra bend tomorrow so hoping can hit under 100. Might go hit a few balls at the range before I play tomorrow then go for my round rather than walk up to the tee after a few practise putts and think I'm ready to go :laughing:
How did you go?

Quick 9 at burnley this arvo. They’ve shortened a number of holes and out in temporary AstroTurf tees. I think after complaints of balls flying onto the freeway and train tracks. 3rd hole 320m down to 120m. Played alright though, couple of near miss putts from deep could’ve tightened it up and duffed a couple of approaches on the 4th. Malvern Valley tomorrow.

18843897-FA4A-4CBB-A125-33D1B2D36E8C.jpeg

How did you go?
94. Absolutely over the moon. Top day for it and was just hitting them so cleanly today. I think hitting a cheeky 25 balls at the range there definitely helped. Started very shaky however with a double bogey then followed with an 8 and another double. Regrouped and started to slow down on my back swing and just really focus on hitting the ball cleanly. Bogey'd holes 4,6,7,8,9.

Back 9 was great shot a 44 with one ugly 8 on the 13th par 5. Par'd holes 15,16 and 18.

I think what also helped a lot was a played with a friend who is a 13 handicapper and he shot an 86. So was always trying to challenge or hit 1 more shot than he would. Usually would play with a friend who is on a similar level as I am which is good and all however playing with someone better I feel had me play way better.

Course was very busy we played 18 in just over 4 hours and waited a good 5 minutes on every tee box but hey if I'm shooting mid 90s and its like that I'd definitely take it.

94. Absolutely over the moon. Top day for it and was just hitting them so cleanly today. I think hitting a cheeky 25 balls at the range there definitely helped. Started very shaky however with a double bogey then followed with an 8 and another double. Regrouped and started to slow down on my back swing and just really focus on hitting the ball cleanly. Bogey'd holes 4,6,7,8,9.

Back 9 was great shot a 44 with one ugly 8 on the 13th par 5. Par'd holes 15,16 and 18.

I think what also helped a lot was a played with a friend who is a 13 handicapper and he shot an 86. So was always trying to challenge or hit 1 more shot than he would. Usually would play with a friend who is on a similar level as I am which is good and all however playing with someone better I feel had me play way better.

Course was very busy we played 18 in just over 4 hours and waited a good 5 minutes on every tee box but hey if I'm shooting mid 90s and its like that I'd definitely take it.
Always helps playing with better players...although slow rounds can stop momentum if you get it going. Course?

Always helps playing with better players...although slow rounds can stop momentum if you get it going. Course?
Yarra bend. Have never had a quick round there and have always been stuck in between groups. 2 ahead of us and 3 behind. Got to the second hole and asked the 2 ahead if we wanted to join ( 2 of us) they said that it's all banked up but could just tell they wanted to play by themselves.

Yarra bend. Have never had a quick round there and have always been stuck in between groups. 2 ahead of us and 3 behind. Got to the second hole and asked the 2 ahead if we wanted to join ( 2 of us) they said that it's all banked up but could just tell they wanted to play by themselves.
I hear you. The public course I have been playing refuses to put groups of 2 together at the start. Groups of 1 or 2 everywhere...with a few groups of 4 holding them all up. You would think they should have a policy of making as many 4s as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back