80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Been hitting balls every night this week now that we're getting some good weather.

I'm sure it's frowned upon here but nothing better than having the course to yourself, knocking back a few frothies and getting to practice in thongs on a nice barmy evening.
Mate that’s my idea of heaven!

Only thing that sucks is tomorrow is the first round of a shield event at my club and it's like one of the only saturday's of the year that I have to work so all that practice goes to waste for another week haha.

Popped out for a quick 18 after the deluge stopped. Constant drizzle...but no wind and course to myself.

Best round in 10 years where it all came together.

11 from 13 fairways. 28 putts (which could have been better as at least 6 where very very close without dropping).

3 over off the stick. 1 under for my last 12 holes.

Happy days.

Last edited:
You’ll all like this one. I played in a 2 Person Ambrose today and lets just say never again with this person. You must get away 6 tee shots each and I started with the first 4. My partner miss hit his tee shot on the 5th and left it 184m out into the wind while my tee shot was 120m out on the fairway. We pulled up to pick up his ball. Well, that’s what I thought. He hopped out of the cart and wouldn’t budge on claiming his as the drive. We went on to * up the hole with a bogey and that is when I lost heart. My protests that his drive left us a second shot that was near impossible made no difference. The two other mates who were partners hung s**t on my partner and sledged me about it for the remaining 13 and a half holes. 🤬

You’ll all like this one. I played in a 2 Person Ambrose today and lets just say never again with this person. You must get away 6 tee shots each and I started with the first 4. My partner miss hit his tee shot on the 5th and left it 184m out into the wind while my tee shot was 120m out on the fairway. We pulled up to pick up his ball. Well, that’s what I thought. He hopped out of the cart and wouldn’t budge on claiming his as the drive. We went on to fu** up the hole with a bogey and that is when I lost heart. My protests that his drive left us a second shot that was near impossible made no difference. The two other mates who were partners hung s**t on my partner and sledged me about it for the remaining 13 and a half holes. 🤬

Who was the low marker?
1st tee - always agree low marker decides.

NO EXCEPTIONS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played Kew GC last Thurs and Spring Valley on Sunday. Really had to cram in a few courses before submitting my top 100 list to Golf Aust magazine today!

Look forward to your contribution and thoughts! Be great to get your insights!

Kew have aproached greenacres (or both approached each other) to discuss some form of cooperation

We're a really small, bush club, so anytime we have a Junior show interest we pull out all the stops to help them.
Weedy ferker 15yr old lad has made noises to me about playing, so I put him in my buggy for a social 18 hole stableford on Sunday.
Set him up with clubs, balls etc...no green fees.

Not sure what game he has, so I give him a 36 handicap in order to not embarrass him among us 'big boys'.
He's limbering up on the 1st tee and a few of us noted one of the smoothest swings we have ever seen.
He nearly drives the 307m Par 4 1st hole, and makes par after a poor chip.

Ends up with 54 points, beats us all off the stick, played some incredible shots, but got lax on short putts yet was a pleasure to play with.
The little bastard.

Turns out he has had 3 lessons from a Pro a few years ago, paid for by his late Dad, and practices like mad at home, but his single mothers financial situation meant that he never had the opportunity get out and actually play much.

This kid has SERIOUS talent so I've contacted Golf Qld to try and get some coach funding and give him the ability to travel to zone and district junior events.

Did you like Spring Valley?
Yep Spring Valley is really nice. A lot better than it used to be in the early 90's when it used to have a stack of weird doglegs where you can only hit to the corner then pitch in. I think 4 and 5 are a really nice back to back pair of a short par 4 and mid length par 3 with both have terrific sandbelt style bunkers.

The course could be even better if they had some $$ to spend but they are in a pile of debt.

The tip is largely covered now so it's way less of a problem than it used to be in a filthy Westerly wind :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back