80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Lovely 12 holes at Kingston Heath late this afternoon as part of a Rollback event. No more than 10 clubs were allowed, Drivers had to be less than 300cc and we used late 80's/early 90's balls (Magnas, Tour Editions etc). Full shots into greens everywhere. As good as it gets.

Lovely 12 holes at Kingston Heath late this afternoon as part of a Rollback event. No more than 10 clubs were allowed, Drivers had to be less than 300cc and we used late 80's/early 90's balls (Magnas, Tour Editions etc). Full shots into greens everywhere. As good as it gets.
Where do you get those old golf balls?

Was there a lot of players? Mate played it also.

Something different from the good golfers here.

53 from 9 holes at Wattle Park, first time on the course and only the second course I've played (played a few rounds at Oakleigh).

Would have been around 48 except I got stuck in a bunker on the 8th and took me 3 shots to get out and then a 2 putt. Didn't help lol.

Played Goonawara ( Sunbury ) yesterday, the course was in pretty decent condition except for some surface water lying around. Started the round with a birdie on the first and was worried i peaked to early :). Thank fully that wasn't the case, ended up shooting 85 off the stick with 32 putts, playing off 24 gave me a nett 61 which was enough to win A grade for the day, and whilst i feel i left 5 out there with some lip outs, pretty happy with that round, given i have not swung a club in anger for a month. I generally go ok at this course, i have now won three times there in the last 4 rounds i have played there. Made the suggestion we should play there every round was pretty much shut down though :)

Played Goonawara ( Sunbury ) yesterday, the course was in pretty decent condition except for some surface water lying around. Started the round with a birdie on the first and was worried i peaked to early :). Thank fully that wasn't the case, ended up shooting 85 off the stick with 32 putts, playing off 24 gave me a nett 61 which was enough to win A grade for the day, and whilst i feel i left 5 out there with some lip outs, pretty happy with that round, given i have not swung a club in anger for a month. I generally go ok at this course, i have now won three times there in the last 4 rounds i have played there. Made the suggestion we should play there every round was pretty much shut down though :)
Speaking of handicaps I met someone playing pennant who said he was division 9. What sort of handicap would that be because from what I saw he didn't seem that good and I thought VIC pennant was a pretty hard gig to get a game at.

A grade? Isnt that something like anything less than 5 or 6?

here's a question.

what would you do if you damage an object of a private residence with one of your shots?

and before you say anything, my friend recently hit a sliced drive over a protection fence and, after a couple of nervous seconds, we heard it hit the roof of a nearby house. to say we were shitting ourselves would be an understatement.

on another topic, loving my new 60 LW. Took me a month to really get used to it but now whenever I am in "60 range" I have full confidence of getting it on the green and down for 1 or 2.

here's a question.

what would you do if you damage an object of a private residence with one of your shots?

and before you say anything, my friend recently hit a sliced drive over a protection fence and, after a couple of nervous seconds, we heard it hit the roof of a nearby house. to say we were shitting ourselves would be an understatement.

on another topic, loving my new 60 LW. Took me a month to really get used to it but now whenever I am in "60 range" I have full confidence of getting it on the green and down for 1 or 2.
Don't do anything. Just keep playing. Clubs/councils have insurance for this kind of thing. That is part of what your fees are covering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played heywood, warrnambool, portland and port fairy over the weekend. Warrnambool and Port Fairy are spectacular courses and heywood was a real pleasant surprise too.

After four rounds of golf in four days my shoulder is stuffed to a point where i can barely lift my arm above my shoulder if i try it in certain directions.

Have a charity ambrose day booked for sunday so i'll try get through that but then might be taking a small break.

Don't do anything. Just keep playing. Clubs/councils have insurance for this kind of thing. That is part of what your fees are covering.

Spot on.

ive put balls into neighbouring houses at royal melbourne. all good

* me 61! Everyone is basically just donating to the comp!

here's a question.

We were met by a furious lady on a fairway at Mandalay because my mates sliced drive went into their property and hit her husband in the mouth whilst he was gardening!
She stood there hands on hips “Right who hit it!” and then you hear a muffled “learn how to ******* play!” From the bloke with blood pissing from his mouth.
We told her that they need to tell the golf club.
I know Goonawarra recently changed their lay out because it was too costly from balls damaging properties.

Played heywood, warrnambool, portland and port fairy over the weekend. Warrnambool and Port Fairy are spectacular courses and heywood was a real pleasant surprise too.

After four rounds of golf in four days my shoulder is stuffed to a point where i can barely lift my arm above my shoulder if i try it in certain directions.

Have a charity ambrose day booked for sunday so i'll try get through that but then might be taking a small break.

Have played both Warrnambool and Port Fairy, both super courses, but if i had a choice would play at Warrnambool first, in fact playing there next Friday, spending a few days down at Warrnambool, and straight up said to the wife i'm taking my clubs.

fu** me 61! Everyone is basically just donating to the comp!

To be honest, it was a surprise to me i hit it that well, haven't played in a month due to back giving me the shits.

One of the B graders shot 87 playing off 33, we played in the same group. Both our handicaps will come in harshly, i''l be in by 4 and him by 6, which was a dumb move by me, we have our annual trip to Howlong next month, need the handicap going out for the trip :D

Glad you played Heywood. It's a real hidden gem with nice rolling land and superb indigenous Aussie vegetation. With some money they could do something very good there. Vern Morcom designed it back in the day I believe which is quite a badge of honour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back