80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
used to be a member at curlewis and it is a great course.

playing cape schank on friday, not really looking forward to playing somewhere called schanck.

shot an 83 raw (i play off 9) at eynesbury on sunday, thats a really great course definetly one of my favs.

used to be a member at curlewis and it is a great course.

playing cape schank on friday, not really looking forward to playing somewhere called schanck.

shot an 83 raw (i play off 9) at eynesbury on sunday, thats a really great course definetly one of my favs.

One tip for cape schanck..if you're looking at a fairway there wondering if you should use your driver, then you shouldn't! I had a pretty reasonable front 9, followed by a shocking back 9 which involved reloading a couple of times. It's not worth searching for your ball if you spray a tee shot..

i played there boxing day and there literally was a lake in the middle of the 5th fairway, hows it looking at the moment?

Had a slap around sandringham yesterday. Front 9 quite average but the back 9 was a ripper. Part of it use to be part of royal Melbourne and you could tell.

Pretty consistent front 9 but holes 16 and 17 cost me with 15 strokes combined. Shot 89 and was disappointed.

Will add my golfshot round up later.

Might have 9 holes this morning

what are your thoughts about the 8th on the old, love it or hate it??

old8.jpg

the 8th on the old can suck my hairy azn balls. a fkin par 5 but only rated 15. into the wind it plays even longer, especially given you're hitting up a massive fkin slope (no racist). see the green area of the fairway in the foregound? that aint even the tee off point! that's where you gotta hope to make, then launch another shot to the next plateu (around half way up the photo), then attack the green.

in summary its a good looking hole (especially just after the signature 7th hole), but it can go FOAD

7th hole:

old7.gif

Had a slap around

wut?

Had a slap around sandringham yesterday. Front 9 quite average but the back 9 was a ripper. Part of it use to be part of royal Melbourne and you could tell.

Pretty consistent front 9 but holes 16 and 17 cost me with 15 strokes combined. Shot 89 and was disappointed.

Will add my golfshot round up later.

Might have 9 holes this morning

http://golfshot.com/rounds/detail/39-8703815-8703868

Thats my round from Sandy.

Had a tickle around DevilBend today with the old man. Just 9 and more to have a swing with a few balls and try a few things out.

Off to Yarrambat tomorrow with a couple of uni guys, had a chat with a golf pro who comes into the pub and showed him a video I made today. Gave him a few beers and he had a chat about what I should do. Mainly with my hip position. We will see how I go tomorrow with the new swing.

Don i would seriously consider getting some proper structured lessons before you start building bad swing habits that are very difficult to change

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll put up my latest round from golfshot when I get home from work. I struggle to hit fairways and have the ability to pull out some interesting recovery irons.

Might out the irons in the bag for a bit and have a lesson and stick in the driving range for a week. Being inconsistent is the bane of all golfers and I want to work at that.

played healsville country club sat & torquay on sunday (both racv complex's now)

sat played on 2 hours sleep & after 4 hours work threw up 3 times & wanted to die 6, realised on the 8th that we had missed 2 holes (yes we forgot to play them) but managed to cut across half way through the back nine. shot 105 only prob is it was a par 68 so i shot 4 over my handicap. the worst part is hooked a tee shot on the 4th hit a tree & bounced back next to my feet, didnt make the ladies! got a jug afterwards & had half a sip & threw it up.
on a good note the course is in top condition & the complex is the best for a golfing holiday i have ever seen 2 fantastic restraunts pool & gym 5 star hotel rooms, for you blokes in the south east def worth a trip up there golf & so many good winarys close by. its great to have something like that out my way.

torquay is in the middle of a re-build & has only a par 66 with alot of the holes split into 2 par 3 while the new complex & holes are being built. was very pissed off had to pay full price & the course is under construction. the holes that you can play are actually nice & there are a few holes with ocean views that are really nice. deff my course in about 3-4 years when its finished & i move down the beach. but guys dont bother till its finish or just go play the sands about 20 min away. played ambrose with a mate who is just a beginer & would be off 36 & we went around in +7 1birdie, 10pars, 6boagies & 1double. slightly enjoyed it more than sat

8 qualify after next week, again, I'll be looking for 85 or better, probably need an 84.

First time ever I've hit 13 bogies in a round. interesting round, shortening my grip definitely kept me straightish but I found I wasn't being aggressive particularly on pitches and first putts but very happy with the end result, the conservative play definitely kept the big numbers off the card.

Let me preface this by saying I didn't shoot 85 or better, let me also say in the end I only needed 90 or better, which I didn't shoot either

let me remind myself -again, of the following quote

the conservative play definitely kept the big numbers off the card.

1st hole, Par 5 - driver high and right into trees, sensible shot out, sensible 7 iron rather than attempted cut to inside of 150m, and this is where it goes awry. 135 to middle 144 to back - pin cut back left.

Sensible conservative play - nine iron to middle of green
Actual intended play - 8 iron to pin
Actual play - 8 iron over the back 9touch of draw)

Double Bogey

2nd hole - on in reg, though wussed a SW in instead of a gap wedge (1st hole still in mind) and 3 putted

3rd hole - on in reg par :thumbsu: back to bogey golf

4th hole bogie

5th hole - again flared driver high and right into trees, 100m out tree directly in front of me, I can go high and right but can't hit green, so I hit SW approx 105m - into right bunker - the correct conservative play here was a LW short of the right bunker.

Short sided, and my ball is on the downslope in a compacted (through overnight rain) bunker. Tough shot but I make a good fist of it, play towards centre of green but it keeps on trickling and trickling into other bunker, no dramas, relatively easy sand save from here with all the angles in my favour - shank into another bunker, whack, not out, whack not out whack 2 putts - 9 :mad:

Missed qualifying by 3 shots :(

Keep your head up Falchoon!

Bet you smash it next week :)

Having a game at Rosebud Country Club tomorrow afternoon. Playing with Dad and Granddad (triple generation fun). Well actually GD is over 80 so will only play 9, dad is going to drive the cart and I will end up playing 18 by myself. But GD going to mark my first card. Going to be interesting to see how I go. If I rattle of a sub 90 I will be happy, sub 85 it will be a naked dash through the club house ;)

Keep your head up Falchoon!

Bet you smash it next week :)

Having a game at Rosebud Country Club tomorrow afternoon. Playing with Dad and Granddad (triple generation fun). Well actually GD is over 80 so will only play 9, dad is going to drive the cart and I will end up playing 18 by myself. But GD going to mark my first card. Going to be interesting to see how I go. If I rattle of a sub 90 I will be happy, sub 85 it will be a naked dash through the club house ;)

is GD gonna go through the back 9 with u despite not playing?

Went around Royal Dorset in 87 on the weekend. However, will be over at Eynesbury this weekend coming, I'm sure that will put me back in my box! Has anyone played out there recently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back