-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Hi Peter,
That would be a great trip.
How far do you have to carry to just make the fairway? - I was told that a few of the fairways are very hard to reach from the back tees.

A few are like that. But you always have a club that gets you into play. Also wind dependent

Just finished 3.5 rounds at cape wickham in two days. Wow. Amazing place. Conditioning great, rock hard greens. Lost plenty of balls this trip.

A few are like that. But you always have a club that gets you into play. Also wind dependent

Just finished 3.5 rounds at cape wickham in two days. Wow. Amazing place. Conditioning great, rock hard greens. Lost plenty of balls this trip.
Sounds an awesome trip.

How do the King Island courses compare to those at Barnbougle? If you've played there obviously.

Sounds an awesome trip.

How do the King Island courses compare to those at Barnbougle? If you've played there obviously.

Havent played tassie courses yet. Rumour has it the next trip shall be barney, lost farm, ocean dunes and cape wickham in 4 days. would be great.

I lost a box of them over the two Barnbougle courses but I'm certain that King Island courses would be worse...
depends on the wind direction. actually, imho issue with the king island courses is if you're into the scrub forget it. Its gone.

Hey fellas,

Good to finally poke my head around this board!

After barely playing golf since my teens (I’m in my late twenties now) a few workmates got me obsessed again with golf halfway through last year when their wasn’t much else to do. Using GolfPad to track my scores has been excellent, such an easy way to keep all my scorecards together. Played 43 times since July which astounds me, granted most of those are 9 holes.

I’m an absolute hacker but have had a golf lesson and keen to keep those up so it’ll be fun to put my progress up on here.

Hit 52 from 9 holes up at Bay Views on the Peninsula. Earlier in the week I went through eighteen there for a pitiful 118, so it was great to make some progress :)

Hey fellas,

Good to finally poke my head around this board!

After barely playing golf since my teens (I’m in my late twenties now) a few workmates got me obsessed again with golf halfway through last year when their wasn’t much else to do. Using GolfPad to track my scores has been excellent, such an easy way to keep all my scorecards together. Played 43 times since July which astounds me, granted most of those are 9 holes.

I’m an absolute hacker but have had a golf lesson and keen to keep those up so it’ll be fun to put my progress up on here.

Hit 52 from 9 holes up at Bay Views on the Peninsula. Earlier in the week I went through eighteen there for a pitiful 118, so it was great to make some progress :)
Welcome to the golf board...you Filthy Tigers supporter :laughing:

That's a lot of golf....peternorth might have you covered though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anglesea and Lorne over the last week, poor scoring both strokes and points for both, handicap will be rising up again me thinks.

What was most challenging on those courses was the slope of lies, very rarely would play a shot in line with my feet, was either hitting above or below them a lot which meant a lot of poor contact shots.

Anglesea is also overrated in my view. Not to say it isn't a great course, but I found it similar to some cheaper public courses I've played around here in terms of quality and length, but poorer value. I didn't catch what was so special about it, condition wasn't anything to write home about either.

Anglesea and Lorne over the last week, poor scoring both strokes and points for both, handicap will be rising up again me thinks.

What was most challenging on those courses was the slope of lies, very rarely would play a shot in line with my feet, was either hitting above or below them a lot which meant a lot of poor contact shots.

Anglesea is also overrated in my view. Not to say it isn't a great course, but I found it similar to some cheaper public courses I've played around here in terms of quality and length, but poorer value. I didn't catch what was so special about it, condition wasn't anything to write home about either.
Did you have a consistent approach for off balance lies?

Nope, don't know how to play them lol. Was just trying to get it right, only every few came off okay.
For me,
Widen stance
Grip down a touch
One extra club
Swing slow

Seems to work for me if you mentally take the distance concern out of your mind
Focus on ball contact

Local course I play at is in terrible condition at the moment. I’ve lost multiple balls on the fairway lost in the leaves and clumps of grass. The rough is just sand and sticks and the bunkers are terrible. Oh well - get what you pay for...

Damn course memberships being so ridiculously expensive.

12 over at GW public. Driving was my problem with 5 fairways hit. Got it going towards the end after a small change which i will try to remember for next time.
I went to MGA today, difference between 140m pushes to 160m draws was just an inch of cupped vs bowed wrist. Unfortunately only found that in the last 10 or so balls of the session!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back