80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:

I played 9 holes this afternoon and can say that it was the best golf i've played in more than 12 months. Didn't keep score or even putt out on half the holes but swing wise - it was the most satisfying golf i've played in a long time.

I've been pretty quiet in here lately. Not because I haven't been playing much golf, i've been playing a lot. But I have been trying to work out how to swing a club again.

I wouldn't wish what I've been struggling with upon anyone. It's mostly self inflicted as I tried for so long to play while I was injured. But even once I was pain free it's been hell. For months I've been playing and standing over the ball without the confidence of even knowing if i'll hit the ball or not (it's ******* embarrassing missing the ball in front of multiple groups trust me).

I could very well go back to completely sucking again tomorrow and for the next few months but for today, i'm going to enjoy it.

Anyone else getting a round in this afternoon before lockdown?
This is so frustrating😡. I'm in Ballarat for 10 days and got 2 rounds in at the Ballarat golf course including one this arvo.
I planned to play a couple of more times there as well as Creswick.
I am ******* pissed off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome. Lock down regional Victoria because you are too lazy to just lockdown the hot spots.

coburg
hoppers crossing
routes to broadmeadows and craigiburn
the latest

i have a friend who last year said we should shut down hot spot regions. I agreed, and reminded him where he lived was once a hotspot (city of casey). no response.

Anyway, shut them all down i say

Just had my first round at my new golf club (Hartfield). Despite landing the first drive nicely on the fairway, the rest of the round was very ordinary. Shot 51.

I need to submit three cards to the pro shop to get an official golf link handicap. I’m playing Kwinana this weekend as part of a social club. Does anyone know - can I submit a round from another course to go towards getting a handicap?

Just had my first round at my new golf club (Hartfield). Despite landing the first drive nicely on the fairway, the rest of the round was very ordinary. Shot 51.

I need to submit three cards to the pro shop to get an official golf link handicap. I’m playing Kwinana this weekend as part of a social club. Does anyone know - can I submit a round from another course to go towards getting a handicap?
Yes I believe so
Needs to be signed by someone with an official G.A Handicap

Fairly sure they need to be 18 too

Annual charity golf day that was due to be run on Sunday has been cancelled thanks to Dan's lockdown and the uncertainty of whether it'll only be 5 days or not. Too risky to organise catering etc.

image0.jpg

Much better round of 9 this evening at Hartfield. Hit every single fairway which is an absolute first for me. Even hooked one on a dogleg and it got through the trees to leave me with a 45m pitch.

A full 9 strokes better in 24 hours. Golf is maddening how your fortunes can change overnight.

I played 9 holes this afternoon and can say that it was the best golf i've played in more than 12 months. Didn't keep score or even putt out on half the holes but swing wise - it was the most satisfying golf i've played in a long time.

I've been pretty quiet in here lately. Not because I haven't been playing much golf, i've been playing a lot. But I have been trying to work out how to swing a club again.

I wouldn't wish what I've been struggling with upon anyone. It's mostly self inflicted as I tried for so long to play while I was injured. But even once I was pain free it's been hell. For months I've been playing and standing over the ball without the confidence of even knowing if i'll hit the ball or not (it's ******* embarrassing missing the ball in front of multiple groups trust me).

I could very well go back to completely sucking again tomorrow and for the next few months but for today, i'm going to enjoy it.
You mean it's not just me?

I'm assuming with some easing taking place that Golf will be back on in Victoria tomorrow.

Previous lockdowns this has been followed by an insane overbooking of tee times and packed courses, so hopefully that gets through pretty quickly.

I'm still carrying a sore abdomen from an issue at the gym last week so probably have to sit out a few days anyway :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back