-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Great when it’s wet? Oh dear god
Yes, their definition is...relative..very relative

Most other courses in the region are either closed or down to 9 holes and most have no carts.

In saying all that I'd certainly play it again. Enjoyed the layout a lot.

Fair bit of variation and a lot of strategy required (not that I did much strategy 😆)

23 pts today :/

Penalties absolutely killed me

Cause of this?

tenor.gif

Amazing how much difference your grip can make. I went from flushing it this time last week to playing like dog s**t on Saturday and then again yesterday.

The light bulb lit up when holding a club at home this morning. Went out and played a few holes just before with my only focus being on getting the grip right and i was back flushing it.

You wouldn't think after playing golf for so long now you could easily fall into such bad habits without realizing it at the time.

I shot 81 (Par 72) at Pittsworth Golf course (Slope 107) on Friday. On Monday I shot 86 (Par 70) back at my home course, City Golf Club (Slope 131) with lots of three putts. My GA handicap has blown out to 17.6 from the 10.7 on the first page of this thread. Once I play comp again this handicap will plummet. I’ve moved closer to the ball and I’m now hitting down on the back of the ball with my irons again. Distance has increased as well.

Last edited:
Got this script from the Doctor this morning for my shaky hands. I said that I didn’t want to take them all the time. The Doc said just to take one before I have to do something that needs steady hands. My golf, especially chipping and putting should make a dramatic comeback.

851CC428-5EBF-422F-B004-941E222DD719.jpeg
Beta blockers

Got this script from the Doctor this morning for my shaky hands. I said that I didn’t want to take them all the time. The Doc said just to take one before I have to do something that needs steady hands. My golf, especially chipping and putting should make a dramatic comeback.

View attachment 1196485
Beta blockers
best of luck mate

2 weeks ago played my worst round in a while with a 99, last week I was back at the par 70 and went 89 for my second ever time under 90. Unfortunately not able to play this week, but I got a short game lesson tomorrow. Then on Friday I'm going to watch my cousin in a long drive contest. If he does well enough apparently he gets to go to a tournament in Chicago, the previous tournament he was at in my city I was unable to watch, but apparently he hit 360 yards.

One of the strangest things I have seen happened when I was a kid playing a round with my dad. He was teeing off and cut the living daylights out of it. The ball was sailing over the top of the trees towards the adjacent fairway. Someone coming up that fairway did exactly the same thing and the balls collided mid air over the trees. What's the odds!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the strangest things I have seen happened when I was a kid playing a round with my dad. He was teeing off and cut the living daylights out of it. The ball was sailing over the top of the trees towards the adjacent fairway. Someone coming up that fairway did exactly the same thing and the balls collided mid air over the trees. What's the odds!

i myself have hit a ball that hit another ball mid flight at the driving range at the club i frequent. opposite ends of the range. both he and i looked at each other, nodded and laughed.

I have a relative that has been playing golf all week at his local course...further way than his 5 km limit. Just rocks up...nobody there and plays all day. Nobody has stopped him/them yet. In Melbourne although it is semi rural. Campaigners.

Hes in metro melb?

About as likely as hitting a shot 70m into someone's cart bag as they're walking away from the green....

About as likely as hitting a shot 70m into someone's cart bag as they're walking away from the green....
And....about the funniest thing I have seen on the course. For others...these blokes were about 20m past the green walking away and juss bladed one straight at them....whack and it went into the pouch with the blokes balls and tees :laughing:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back