80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
36 in the wet today after starting 3 points through 3. After 2 horrible rounds Friday and Saturday. Easter weekend wasn’t a total waste.

Had not played since the 13th Feb until today. Been working on my game at the range and a few lessons. First round back and it's looking like paying some dividends, scored 35 points today, even with poor putting and a few penalties for lost balls, still did well overall.

In the final of a matchplay shield event this weekend and my game absolutely stinks right now. Trying to piece together something before then. If I can get the big dog to cooperate i feel i can scrap my way around and be competitive. If I can't keep it in play I'm ruined though.

In the final of a matchplay shield event this weekend and my game absolutely stinks right now. Trying to piece together something before then. If I can get the big dog to cooperate i feel i can scrap my way around and be competitive. If I can't keep it in play I'm ruined though.
hang on there mate!! good luck!

40 points today, playing some good golf at the moment.

I'm in a real conundrum spot at the moment, I have a massive cast/flip, but I've managed to get it pretty reliable and straight, even though it probably costs me my maximum potential distance.

Brings me to a thought, should I just accept what it is for the moment, play some golf instead of golf swing, accept I'll be 20m shorter than my peers, and just practice like all hell on the short game and putting, because when it's all approach shots within 100m, maximum distance isn't a factor and that's where I'm noticing it all counts.

Gotta eliminate those 3 putts, I do them 4 or 5 times a round.

I'm in a real conundrum spot at the moment, I have a massive cast/flip, but I've managed to get it pretty reliable and straight, even though it probably costs me my maximum potential distance.

Brings me to a thought, should I just accept what it is for the moment, play some golf instead of golf swing, accept I'll be 20m shorter than my peers, and just practice like all hell on the short game and putting, because when it's all approach shots within 100m, maximum distance isn't a factor and that's where I'm noticing it all counts.

Yes

I've knocked 3 shots off my GA in the last 6 weeks by focusing on my wedges.
Putting is next to sort out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've knocked 3 shots off my GA in the last 6 weeks by focusing on my wedges.
Putting is next to sort out.
Yeh Im putting about 39 times a round, and 3 putting about 5 or 6 holes a round.

I dont mind 2 putting, but should probably only 3 putt in rare circumstances or really difficult green situations, not 30% of a round.

Can probably knock off 5 strokes just by focussing on not 3 putting.

Yeh Im putting about 39 times a round, and 3 putting about 5 or 6 holes a round.

I dont mind 2 putting, but should probably only 3 putt in rare circumstances or really difficult green situations, not 30% of a round.

Can probably knock off 5 strokes just by focussing on not 3 putting.
Length or line issues with putting

3 months into the journey.
107 at The Sanctuary on Wednesday; 50 on the front, fell apart for a 57 on the back 9
100 at Meadow Springs on Thursday. Was 5 over after the first 7, then hit 3 consecutive quadruples as well as a 9 on the 14th to blow myself out.
Happy with the improvement though, just have to find the consistency over 18 holes.

3 months into the journey.
107 at The Sanctuary on Wednesday; 50 on the front, fell apart for a 57 on the back 9
100 at Meadow Springs on Thursday. Was 5 over after the first 7, then hit 3 consecutive quadruples as well as a 9 on the 14th to blow myself out.
Happy with the improvement though, just have to find the consistency over 18 holes.
Do you play alone? With better or worse golfers?

Do you play alone? With better or worse golfers?
Played with 3 others; 1 of them is consistently 6 or 7 stokes plus better than myself over 18. Have knocked home off a few times when we've played 9 holes. He just doesn't have the big blow outs and hits big enough to give himself birdie chances. Was 1 in front of him at Meadow Springs before I hit the 9 on the 14th. He birdied it, ended up being the difference in our scores. We like playing with each other as he's pretty good advising me with the clubs to use, and I'm the voice of reason with him when he tries to get a bit too ambitious with his shot selection.
3rd bloke about the same as me, although he just had a shocker over the 3 days and completely lost any confidence he had. Was very hard to watch actually.
4th bloke struggles for any consistency, he shot a 53 on the back 9 of Meadow Springs, his best 9 he's ever hit.
All 4 of us have only really been playing since the start of the year

Played with 3 others; 1 of them is consistently 6 or 7 stokes plus better than myself over 18. Have knocked home off a few times when we've played 9 holes. He just doesn't have the big blow outs and hits big enough to give himself birdie chances. Was 1 in front of him at Meadow Springs before I hit the 9 on the 14th. He birdied it, ended up being the difference in our scores. We like playing with each other as he's pretty good advising me with the clubs to use, and I'm the voice of reason with him when he tries to get a bit too ambitious with his shot selection.
3rd bloke about the same as me, although he just had a shocker over the 3 days and completely lost any confidence he had. Was very hard to watch actually.
4th bloke struggles for any consistency, he shot a 53 on the back 9 of Meadow Springs, his best 9 he's ever hit.
All 4 of us have only really been playing since the start of the year

Enjoy the journey.

Can be both, consistency probably the issue. Been tinkering with my setup and stroke recently though so haven't quite nailed a repeatable stroke I'm comfortable with yet.
You're a decent putt mate. No need to tinker with that. It might also be an indication you are playing better as you're scores are indicating...therefore hitting more greens in regulation. Which generally means longer putts for us mere mortals. I tend to have low number of putts as I don't hit enough greens in reg therefore chip pretty well and give loads of close one putt chances. Great you are playing well. Keep working on it and that flip will get better with time and you will get lower scores again. A flip is not really a consistent action...it is at the minute for you as you have been practicing heaps...but if you back off it might be harder again to play well with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back