80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Played 2 comps last 3 days. Was the same course got 38 points Friday then backed it up with a solid 21 today. Had myself a genuine meltdown lost about 8 balls didn't hole a putt all day. Stupid game

Playing the prestigious Romsey Open this weekend. lol. It's a 24 hole comp (the old 12 hole course x2). Should be a good day, not sure what the handicaps will be cut at for each grade but hoping i sneak into C grade haha.

Anyone from the gold coast? heading up there in 2 weeks and looking to fit in some comp rounds somewhere.

im not form goldy, however i shall be there next thurs-sun for a tourney. looking forward to it despite absolute shithouse golfing ability

36pts today with 3 washes. One of them was on the Par 5 10th after being in the front green bunker for 2. * me. I played the four Par 3's one under. New GA Hcp is 12.6. I am really pushing to beat my low from a year ago of 10.2.

The forecast for today has been looking great all week and sure enough it started raining late last night and looking at the radar it looks like it could rain all bloody day.

A full field for todays 4BBB Stableford too, could be a long day...

The forecast for today has been looking great all week and sure enough it started raining late last night and looking at the radar it looks like it could rain all bloody day.

A full field for todays 4BBB Stableford too, could be a long day...
I was down for golf today. Single stroke monthly medal. It has rained all day!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GOlf today. woke at 5 and checked the weather forecast and bom. clear! so off i went to the national for a crispy early round.

a group of 2 we were. partner owns a cart so i jumped in with him. it was equipped with an esky and club head and ball cleaner. awesome! Old course. first 9-10 holes constant light misty drizzle. annoying. slightest of slight gentle breeze.

1st hole par 4. mega fade right. thought oh s**t. hit another one. ok, let's go. first one was in a great position lol, lost second ball!!!1!! haha. ok. shot into the green, around 140m, 7 iron. pushed it right into a bunker that sits below and away from the green. gota hit up to the green. did so. but skimmed it upwards into shrub/tree left side of green near path to 2nd hole. found it and faced with step downhill chip. did that and rolled off green a few metres near the bunker i was in lol. 3 putts and a wipe. yay!

2nd hole par 4. nice drive, but with my 3 wood. hmmm. iron lay up, wedge on. think i walked off with a 6 for 2. yay.

3rd hole the intimidating par 4. tee shot must carry 190-200 valley. second or third is right up a steep gradient. first shot driver found fairway, second shot 4 hybrid hooked into the dense trees. poo. penalty but still salvaged 2 pts i think.

4th hole par 3 downhill against wind over a lake. promptly put two balls into the water. ball one, hit edge of green and rolled back. so went to drop zone some 60m out. put that into water too. so wipe. but i retrieved my balls from the water so good.

13 points front 9. hahaha. irons were poo. found bunkers galore, my fault for overestimating my iron game really. finished with 23 pts pts plenty of wipes.

hooray

Weds: The National GC tomorrow (not sure which course atm).
Thurs: Sanct Cove Pines
Fri: Sanct Cove Pines or Palms
Sat: Sanct Cove Pines or Palms

meanwhile its a barmy 7 degrees with 15mm of rain here in Nth East Vic

Well and truly out of form or maybe my handicap doesnt reflect my actualy game. hit the ball ok, and re-finding my game on the Old course today. 25 points is pretty shithouse. lost balls off the tee really hurt, and 5 wipes hurt also. didnt capitalise when i was on in regulation on some holes. putting, normally a strength, was average today. so upset with a big trip coming up tomorrow

Played Portsea for the first time last Wednesday.

Impressive but difficult course for me. Shot 92 being my first game for 3 weeks which isn't too bad.

Small greens which are difficult to putt on, even 1-2 footers posed a problem for me. My driving was on only missing 2-3 fairways for the day, but my irons were disgusting a long with putting.

Heading back there this Sunday with a group of 4, hopefully l can do better.

Really spoilt for choices down on the peninsula, with some great deals available this time of year. Moonah is next on the playing list with a deal 2 costing $89.

Played Portsea for the first time last Wednesday.

Impressive but difficult course for me. Shot 92 being my first game for 3 weeks which isn't too bad.

Small greens which are difficult to putt on, even 1-2 footers posed a problem for me. My driving was on only missing 2-3 fairways for the day, but my irons were disgusting a long with putting.

Heading back there this Sunday with a group of 4, hopefully l can do better.

Really spoilt for choices down on the peninsula, with some great deals available this time of year. Moonah is next on the playing list with a deal 2 costing $89.

get to St Andrews - you'll love it

Yes, played there in summer on a very hot day. What a beautiful course it is and my favorite course l have played. I think it was $65 after 2pm which was well worth it. Some of those views overlooking the course are brilliant.

For views go to Flinders..not a bad course either..short but you need to be accurate.
Views are senbloodysational tho.

If you really don't like yourself play cape schank off the back markers..oh my

Well and truly out of form or maybe my handicap doesnt reflect my actualy game. hit the ball ok, and re-finding my game on the Old course today. 25 points is pretty shithouse. lost balls off the tee really hurt, and 5 wipes hurt also. didnt capitalise when i was on in regulation on some holes. putting, normally a strength, was average today. so upset with a big trip coming up tomorrow

in addition, teed off just after the sun rose. beautifully fresh and crisp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back