80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:

Spent 1hr on putting yesterday, I've had the yips for about a month. Paid dividends today. No 3 putts. Plenty of up and downs. Scored 36 which is ok (with a wash and a few 1 pointers).

Just watching the oz open, how clutch is Spieth with that putter. Amazing.

A little update since my week ban ended on Friday.
I shot 80/67 (par 70) at my home course on Wednesday 10/11/16.
I was 16pts after 7 holes when golf was washed out on Saturday 13/11/16.
35pts last Tuesday after having 12pts on the front 9 to start.
39pts on Wednesday.
92/80 (par 72) at another course on Friday.

A little update since my week ban ended on Friday.
I shot 80/67 (par 70) at my home course on Wednesday 10/11/16.
I was 16pts after 7 holes when golf was washed out on Saturday 13/11/16.
35pts last Tuesday after having 12pts on the front 9 to start.
39pts on Wednesday.
92/80 (par 72) at another course on Friday.

which courses mate?

which courses mate?
All at City Golf Club Toowoomba with a slope of 130, except the 92/80 which was a Toowoomba Golf Club with a slope of 123. I blame lack of sleep for that poor round. I squeezed it in between a lot of functions that I worked as it was The Challenge that is played on the third Friday of every month.

All at City Golf Club Toowoomba with a slope of 130, except the 92/80 which was a Toowoomba Golf Club with a slope of 123. I blame lack of sleep for that poor round. I squeezed it in between a lot of functions that I worked as it was The Challenge that is played on the third Friday of every month.

Good job mate!

I reckon we almost need a registry here of handicaps so we can keep track of each others lol.
Was your lack of sleep due to excitement?
I like blaming the grass for my poor shots/games. It's either too green or not green enough lol.

Im golfed out (for now). 6 rounds in 2 weeks!

Good job mate!

I reckon we almost need a registry here of handicaps so we can keep track of each others lol.
Was your lack of sleep due to excitement?
I like blaming the grass for my poor shots/games. It's either too green or not green enough lol.

Im golfed out (for now). 6 rounds in 2 weeks!
Working behind the bar and cleaning up after formals. I didn't get more than 5 and half hours sleep for 5 nights straight.

My home course has the same slope of 130, very much a game management type course.

I wonder how much lack of sleep contributes towards poor golf. If I play Sat and Sun, I'm usually in bed at ~1-2am and then up again at 5.45-6.15am. I wonder if I went to bed at 10-11pm instead whether I'd see a marked improvement.

My home course has the same slope of 130, very much a game management type course.

I wonder how much lack of sleep contributes towards poor golf. If I play Sat and Sun, I'm usually in bed at ~1-2am and then up again at 5.45-6.15am. I wonder if I went to bed at 10-11pm instead whether I'd see a marked improvement.

you would. definitely would, in terms of sleep length. golf wise? hehe, everything affects golf. too much sleep, not enough sleep etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you would. definitely would, in terms of sleep length. golf wise? hehe, everything affects golf. too much sleep, not enough sleep etc.

My emotional state is easily the biggest factor in my golf scoring.

Off to Bright this weekend , (missus is competing in some stupid 20km spartan race)

Luckily bright golf course is open for business . .

Has anyone played it before ?

Tips??

Lucky you toxic - it is a great track!
No need for a sand wedge - no bunkers but it can still get tight in a few areas.

We usually have an annual boys trip over there (but we missed this year unfortunately)
Only advice is don't play on minimal sleep & plentiful piss as it affects my game!

No need for a sand wedge - no bunkers but it can still get tight in a few areas.

We usually have an annual boys trip over there (but we missed this year unfortunately)
Only advice is don't play on minimal sleep & plentiful piss as it affects my game!
Lack of sleep isn't usually the sole problem. It is a lack of sleep surrounded by work and then sneeking in a game of golf in-between. Haha.

I have played twice this week at my home course (City Golf Club, Toowoomba). I shot 91/78 on Tuesday and then played yesterday and shot 81/68. It could have easily been 5 shots better yesterday. I am too loose and need to be mentally stronger.

Played front 9 at Bright this afternoon

Bloody tight little track
Greens slow, slow slow slow
Enjoyable 9 holes
2 birds (including the closest I've come to a hole in 1 - 5inches)
2 bogeys
5 pars

Even par front 9..

Happy golf indeed

I went out on Thursday for an hour of practice, mostly irons/wedges and I'd never hit balls worse in my life. Played 9 holes yesterday evening and although wasn't great off the tee my irons were fantastic. Finished the 9 with 19 points with two wipes, two!

The rough is so thick at the moment both me and my playing partner went right off the tee (usually a pretty safe place to miss as well) into the rough. Neither of us are long hitters so we knew basically the area where they ended up within ~10m but both balls never to be seen again.

The results are in. I tee'd off around the same time as usual (7.45) BUT I went to bed at 10.20pm last night (instead of my usual 1-2am) and woke up at 5am (instead of 6). And...

I shot my lowest score ever :$:$:$

41 total.
22 on the front with a wash and a 1 pointer.
19 on the back with a wash.

8 pars 2 birdies.

Feelsgoodman.

I think it's crystal clear, sleep aids not only memory retention but also golf!

I think part of it was also that I was up almost 3hrs before my tee time, instead of 50min before my tee time. My body was warm and not stiff. Makes for a much more fluent swing.

I think part of it was also that I was up almost 3hrs before my tee time, instead of 50min before my tee time. My body was warm and not stiff. Makes for a much more fluent swing.

warm and stiff is great combo for most things in life. But not golf.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back