80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
I had 29 points today. No disaster holes. Just not playing well. It doesnt help if your back is playing up. I have just booked in to get acupuncture from a chiropractor I have been seeing. My back muscles have been giving me problems since my late 20's, about 15 years ago.

Last edited:
Played in a 4 ball ambrose today. 250 man field. Other 3 in my group were 27, 28 and 15 handicaps. I feel as though having a group of lower handicaps is much more of an advantage.

We shot gross 69 and net 58.625. I had to do a hell of a lot of heavy lifting, especially putting wise.

Winners shot?

I'll assume 53 odd

Winners shot?

I'll assume 53 odd

We came 26/60 groups with 58.625.

Because you have to use 4 drives each, it meant that we were just so far out on a few holes (even though we tried to do it as strategically as possible) to actually score well. On one of the longer par 4s we would have been hitting a 9 iron in if we had taken my drive, but I had already used too many so the next best ball was ~180 out. I was hoping to use one of the others on the short part 3 but they hit 2 into water and 1 like 30m to the right and I was pin high.

I assume in a group with handicaps between 1-15 you have a much better chance of scoring well throughout the round. I really enjoy ambrose as a format and enjoyed playing today, it is just difficult to win.

I think with 69 net and two elderly guys on 27 and 28 we did really well.

We came 26/60 groups with 58.625.

Because you have to use 4 drives each, it meant that we were just so far out on a few holes (even though we tried to do it as strategically as possible) to actually score well. On one of the longer par 4s we would have been hitting a 9 iron in if we had taken my drive, but I had already used too many so the next best ball was ~180 out. I was hoping to use one of the others on the short part 3 but they hit 2 into water and 1 like 30m to the right and I was pin high.

I assume in a group with handicaps between 1-15 you have a much better chance of scoring well throughout the round. I really enjoy ambrose as a format and enjoyed playing today, it is just difficult to win.

I think with 69 net and two elderly guys on 27 and 28 we did really well.

It's a great game.
A MUCH better variation is,

4 drives each but one MUST be a par3.

It really is about getting drives out of the way of those who are "suspect" off the tee

It's a great game.
A MUCH better variation is,

4 drives each but one MUST be a par3.

It really is about getting drives out of the way of those who are "suspect" off the tee

The two old blokes were driving the ball like 100m max. We tried to get them on the par 3s and short 4s.

I played one last year where the 4 of us had handicaps around 5-15 and that was really a lot of fun because we could all hit targets or at least try to! The fun was diminished a little today because I had to play like I would in a single stableford and play game management style golf. For many of the holes if I didn't hit the green on approach we weren't going to be on the green in reg and I made the vast majority of the putts.

Glorious day at the National. Ocean course, very windy but pleasant weather. Par comp, didnt finish as it was late arvo and we valued going home over finishing the round. Highlight, 160m par 3 uphill into a 3 club wind. Driver used, fade into the green and on. Shame it was my second off the tee lol.

32 points.

Quite a lot of social golfers out today which is good but also bad from a comp perspective. They'll just zip onto your fairway no care in the world while you're 30m away directly in front trying to hit. Dangerous AF. I shanked my 2nd shot on the 1st because of it and it continued throughout the round.

Does anyone here use something like Game Golf or Arcoss? I'm thinking it might be useful to figure out what I should target to make dem gains more effective and efficient.

32 points.

Quite a lot of social golfers out today which is good but also bad from a comp perspective. They'll just zip onto your fairway no care in the world while you're 30m away directly in front trying to hit. Dangerous AF. I shanked my 2nd shot on the 1st because of it and it continued throughout the round.

Does anyone here use something like Game Golf or Arcoss? I'm thinking it might be useful to figure out what I should target to make dem gains more effective and efficient.

Never heard of either of them?

What are they?

Never heard of either of them?

What are they?

GPS tracking and analytics for golf. Game Golf looks like this...

Game_Golf_007.jpg

And also compiles various stats. I just grabbed this stuff off google.

zxkgrg4ucl4y.png

GPS tracking and analytics for golf. Game Golf looks like this...

Game_Golf_007.jpg

And also compiles various stats. I just grabbed this stuff off google.

zxkgrg4ucl4y.png

used to use apps to track scores, clubs used etc. but got too distracting. since playing comp i can say with conviction that no one ive played with have recorded stats during a round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

31 point round with 3 wipes today. contrasting round of 9s. started early overcast. as the round progressed got warmer, more flies and putting harder with flies on my face etc. one birdie, a few pars otherwise bogeys. driver consistently hooked left into long stuff which shitted me

Played in worse conditions, however given the length of time out in the conditions, today was overall the toughest. a 5 plus hour round including an hour intermission due to lightning storms. Humidity, wind, sun, heat, a massive rain shower as i was putting for birdie lol. Had no waterproof gear either rolf.

Old Course @ the national. 37 points, 20-17 split....putter on fire at the start, in fact whole round maybe one three putt, although did wipe two holes.

The weather I hate the most for golf is when it is humid and hot and you get some rain and it becomes a sauna out on the course.

Had a lesson today as I have begun pushing everything left. On tape my swing looked horrible in the takeaway and at the top. Massive bowing in my wrists. Slightly changed my grip and worked on the initial takeaway and it has put everything back on the correct path...feels weird as though and is going to take a while to get used to...haven't been able to hit a pure iron yet, in fact most have been god awful strikes. If I were to walk out onto the course right now and play I wouldn't be shooting anything under 20 over...probably closer to 30 (pending my short game).

The weather I hate the most for golf is when it is humid and hot and you get some rain and it becomes a sauna out on the course.

Had a lesson today as I have begun pushing everything left. On tape my swing looked horrible in the takeaway and at the top. Massive bowing in my wrists. Slightly changed my grip and worked on the initial takeaway and it has put everything back on the correct path...feels weird as though and is going to take a while to get used to...haven't been able to hit a pure iron yet, in fact most have been god awful strikes. If I were to walk out onto the course right now and play I wouldn't be shooting anything under 20 over...probably closer to 30 (pending my short game).

i read that as blowing

Played Black Bull in yarrawonga yesterday.

6 over after 6 holes
1st 6 holes took 1hr 35 mins ffs
Finally played thru two groups on the 7th.
Last 12 holes took us 1hr 30mins
Par for the last 12 holes (2 birdies, 2 bogeys, 8 pars)
78 was a good score considering the start

Played Black Bull in yarrawonga yesterday.

6 over after 6 holes
1st 6 holes took 1hr 35 mins ffs
Finally played thru two groups on the 7th.
Last 12 holes took us 1hr 30mins
Par for the last 12 holes (2 birdies, 2 bogeys, 8 pars)
78 was a good score considering the start

The poor start due to waiting around too much?

The poor start due to waiting around too much?

Yep, we followed a group with a kid (new sticks for Xmas), mum...clearly doesn't play a lot who was in a cart with granddad and dad walking with the kid.
They were following a group of 4 guys who were also slow.
Frustrating as we were a two in a cart.

1st lesson for any new golfer is not how to swing a club.
Its how to conduct yourself on the course.
At on stage, granddad tees off, 120metre drive down the left, dad tees off, maybe 170 down the left. They then stroll down to the red markers, mum not ready to hit, kid not ready to hit. Mums tee shot goes left, kid tees off, goes right into a patch of weedy grass maybe 75metres off the tee.
So instead of cart going ahead, finding his ball and letting him know where it was, all 3 of them just went off down the left and he was wandering for a couple of minutes on his own trying to find his ball.
Just s**t form

Waiting 5minutes for every shot was frustrating as hell

Yep, we followed a group with a kid (new sticks for Xmas), mum...clearly doesn't play a lot who was in a cart with granddad and dad walking with the kid.

At on stage, granddad tees off, 120metre drive down the left, dad tees off, maybe 170 down the left. They then stroll down to the red markers, mum not ready to hit, kid not ready to hit. Mums tee shot goes left, kid tees off, goes right into a patch of weedy grass maybe 75metres off the tee.
So instead of cart going ahead, finding his ball and letting him know where it was, all 3 of them just went off down the left and he was wandering for a couple of minutes on his own trying to find his ball.
Just s**t form

I actually let a group through in comp today for the first time ever. I was with a friend and we had two elderly ladies with us...their 3rd shot was usually around where our 1st was. I didn't mind at all. By the 12th green we were half a hole behind the group of 4 ahead (albeit they were 3 Scr and 1 guy off ~8-10) and the lady in the group behind (a group of 3, all in carts) drove up to us and had a go at us for making them wait on each shot. So I just said play through. For the remainder of the game we were waiting for them while they were stuck behind the group we had been behind :$

Our round was ~4hr 15min.

Just s**t form

tough one mate. especially as grandpa and mum dont play. but someone in the group should be
cognizant and aware of others and general golf etiquette. what course was it?

i guess we can only speak from personal experience. and i of mine. kids are allowed on at my place of play, but there is expectation to keep up, or tee off later in the day after the field has gone through. ive brought a teenager non player onto play and consulted the pro shop guys first.

I actually let a group through in comp today for the first time ever. I was with a friend and we had two elderly ladies with us...their 3rd shot was usually around where our 1st was. I didn't mind at all. By the 12th green we were half a hole behind the group of 4 ahead (albeit they were 3 Scr and 1 guy off ~8-10) and the lady in the group behind (a group of 3, all in carts) drove up to us and had a go at us for making them wait on each shot. So I just said play through. For the remainder of the game we were waiting for them while they were stuck behind the group we had been behind :$

Our round was ~4hr 15min.

the group of 3 in carts should gtfo of the carts and walk. lazy fux.
what did they expect given you and group in front were 4s?

tough one mate. especially as grandpa and mum dont play. but someone in the group should be
cognizant and aware of others and general golf etiquette. what course was it?

i guess we can only speak from personal experience. and i of mine. kids are allowed on at my place of play, but there is expectation to keep up, or tee off later in the day after the field has gone through. ive brought a teenager non player onto play and consulted the pro shop guys first.

the group of 3 in carts should gtfo of the carts and walk. lazy fux.
what did they expect given you and group in front were 4s?

Was Blackbull in yarrawonga

I'm all for newbies playing golf, just teach them etiquette

When playing comp, what is the furthest point at which you'll measure your ball on a par 3 and put yourself down for nearest to the hole? I keep seeing people measuring 12-14m. A guy actually won some balls today on almost 10m :huh:

When playing comp, what is the furthest point at which you'll measure your ball on a par 3 and put yourself down for nearest to the hole? I keep seeing people measuring 12-14m. A guy actually won some balls today on almost 10m :huh:

Depends on the length and difficulty of the par 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back