80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
36 holes over 2 days at Bright in similar weather.
Course was in magnificent shape - same cannot be said for me at the conclusion of the round.
The heat/humidity was oppressive and none of it was enjoyable. Nasty indeed and nearly as bad as playing in Thailand.
Cramping in places I didn't think was possible on Sat arvo.

Are the greens still long and slow?

Are the greens still long and slow?
Yes they were. Looks good, rolls nice but is very slow.
Obviously they have had plenty of rain as well as plentiful watering to look after the place.
Sprinklers came on during the day but i don't think that anyone cared...
Still a great track.

Anyone played at Healsville? About to have my 3rd hit there this weekend in 2 months.
It's not the longest course, not the most challenging, but I find it a nice layout, inviting wide fairways to pull out the driver on many holes but realistically irons will do the job nicely. Extra par 3's than your average course but greens can be challenging though.

Clubhouse is fantastic, thought Sandhurst was nice this one is right up there and more.

And if you don't feel like a feed at the clubhouse, Monroes at Healsville makes a great burger

Last edited:
39pts yesterday. I washed 1 and 9, my worst 2 holes according to my stats. On the upside, I birdied 16, my 5th worst hole. I just missed a birdie on 3, my 3rd worst hole.
I had 16pts on the front and obviously 23 on the back.

39pts yesterday. I washed 1 and 9, my worst 2 holes according to my stats. On the upside, I birdied 16, my 5th worst hole. I just missed a birdie on 3, my 3rd worst hole.
I had 16pts on the front and obviously 23 on the back.

Handy back 9

horribilus roundus today at long island gc. a poo poo 6 points on the front 9 punctuated by first shot of the day OOB via a mass hook. Found I reckon a greenside bunker every wiped hole. Couldnt get out of them either.

Back 9, once I was warmed up (took 9 holes) opted to go short of the green instead of going for the pin which got me in loads of trouble. a chip or putt on and away I went. Bogey golf all the way!

Anyone played at Healsville? About to have my 3rd hit there this weekend in 2 months.
It's not the longest course, not the most challenging, but I find it a nice layout, inviting wide fairways to pull out the driver on many holes but realistically irons will do the job nicely. Extra par 3's than your average course but greens can be challenging though.
How many under par did you shoot?

Exciting times, looking on Golflink and it seems I can't knock any good scores off my handicap for at least the next 6 weeks so if I could put together some handy scores my HC should drop a stroke or two over that time. Stableford comp today too :beermug:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many under par did you shoot?
If I did that I'd be playing all the exclusive courses at the sand belt.
Healsville is a course you will enjoy your golf, back nine had 4 par 3's and most of the other par 4's are not that long. A course for all to enjoy

Exciting times, looking on Golflink and it seems I can't knock any good scores off my handicap for at least the next 6 weeks so if I could put together some handy scores my HC should drop a stroke or two over that time. Stableford comp today too :beermug:

the new system intrigues and confuses me at times. so to come in you essentially have to play better than the score thats gonna drop off (assuming its in the top 8)?

the new system intrigues and confuses me at times. so to come in you essentially have to play better than the score thats gonna drop off (assuming its in the top 8)?
Pretty sure I just need to finish better than one of my top 8 scores. Which isn't too hard as I have some shockers in my top 8 atm. Anything under 100 is good at the minute.

Played today. 31 points - 12 front and 19 back.

First time out with the 917 driver. Man...I had a really good day off the tee and on the green. Too bad I couldn't hit an iron (all knifed) for some reason, very frustrating. Could have been a terrific round even if I had been average with them.

Has anybody booked with a tour company in Asia? I would like to do about a week in Hua Hin in Thailand and recommendations would be appreciated.

Playing Club Mandalay this Sunday, never played it before and really looking forward.

Has anyone here played it, and what are some tips for the average hacker to take note of.
A number of posters in this thread have played their before, myself included.

Avoid the rough at all costs, it can be brutal. Also hope it's not too windy, if there was a wind farm there you could generate a years supply of the states electricity in a single day it can get that windy out there.*

* may be exaggerating

Remove this Banner Ad

Back