80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
It just started popping up on my facebook feed..I am tempted. Google it.
I just had a quick look. Doesn't look amazing but I know there's a lot of people who find it hard or don't like the hassle of organizing their own golf or who don't know anybody to play with so these things are great. Also they get onto some courses you might not get onto by yourself.
One I played with years ago was an organization that got onto sandbelt courses on Mondays. Played Huntingdale, Kingston Heath and RM West through them. It was great.
If you're paying a monthly membership then you really need to to play a lot. Probably less $$ than your average Melbourne membership though.

I just had a quick look. Doesn't look amazing but I know there's a lot of people who find it hard or don't like the hassle of organizing their own golf or who don't know anybody to play with so these things are great. Also they get onto some courses you might not get onto by yourself.
One I played with years ago was an organization that got onto sandbelt courses on Mondays. Played Huntingdale, Kingston Heath and RM West through them. It was great.
If you're paying a monthly membership then you really need to to play a lot. Probably less $$ than your average Melbourne membership though.

Fairway club is your Monday club.

Have a mate who plays with them every week

Thanks for your thoughts. I am not in a position to join a pvt course...but do like the idea of getting onto more exclusive tracks. Also, some of the public courses are getting pretty sloppy atm with all the rain we have had. Love to get on the sandbelt!

Planning a golf trip to California. Thoughts on courses to play people? Anywhere between San Diego and San Fran.

Currently have...
  • Pebble beach
  • Torrey
  • Spanish bay
  • Pasatiempo
  • Spyglass
  • Poppy Hills
  • TPC Harding Park

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shot 94/80 (par 71) at Beerwah Golf Club on Wednesday. Most of the scores were worse. I had 40 on the front and fell in a heap on the back. Lack of sleep *s with your shot and club selection.
Today I had 32 points. I had a kinked neck and I can hardly turn my head to the right. I’m a left handed golfer so golf was difficult. I played with a bloke who was 2 grades below me at school. He had 45pts off a hcp of 22 and won in a canter. He played off 9 in his early 20’s over 20 years ago when he used to play. He hits the ball a mile and is a solid prick.

After a ten year break..I am getting back into it in a pretty big way (i am in my 50s now). I am not a member and been playing public Melbourne courses, which in my area are ridiculously wet and sloppy around the greens after our constant rain. I am finding it real hard to pitch with any confidence at all. Many fat shots with sole sliding into the mud which then leads to some skinny ones as well! Shot 3 rounds from 11 to 17 over and a 9 over in the last month. High lights have been my putting. Recently I had 11 putts on the back nine (which I will say were not all birdie putts as my chipping was great that day) and In another game I had 27 for the 18. Everything else has had great moments...and terrible ones as well. Enjoying the journey though.

Went to Peninsula-Kingswood yesterday to pick up some stuff. Decided to waltz onto the north course and play 1-4. A bit wet under foot in parts and i am concerned that the conditions will worsen.

No warm up commenced to high hook my driver to the grand distance of 150-160m. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Walked off with an 8 i think (par 4) Yep, weak drive, thinned 8 iron to 70m. up hill. wedge didnt make distance, and rolled back. x2. Thinned next one over the back into bunker. out, 2 put. 8.

2nd hole, par 3. 6 iron with no confidence into left pot. Out, 2 put. niccceee.

3rd hole par 5 up and down hill. Driver lost ball right. Second flat and looooonnnggggg. 180m out. Wedge lay up. SW to right pot. Out, 2 putts. 8.

4th hole. Short par 4. Driver, 8 iron, chip, putt. Easy game. par.

Walked off a bit sweaty with green soles on shoes due to i think spray to kill off poa. or something

I was supposed to play yesterday before my wife rang me saying our daughter had chipped her tooth. No time after taking her to the dentist.
Today was a goer until the wind, cold and rain convinced me otherwise. I’ll go to work now instead.

I was supposed to play yesterday before my wife rang me saying our daughter had chipped her tooth. No time after taking her to the dentist.
Today was a goer until the wind, cold and rain convinced me otherwise. I’ll go to work now instead.

Wise decision.

Yeah, it's blowing a gale and freezing up here, so I can only imagine how it would be in Toowoomba.

Hi guys,
whats the best public course in Melbourne's northern suburbs?
I am a hack of a golfer but love getting out and want to play somewhere new.
I don't know a lot of golfers so thought this would be the best place to ask.
I normally play at Yarrambat GC and have played on Growling Frog GC...any others that are worth looking at in this area?

Hi guys,
whats the best public course in Melbourne's northern suburbs?
I am a hack of a golfer but love getting out and want to play somewhere new.
I don't know a lot of golfers so thought this would be the best place to ask.
I normally play at Yarrambat GC and have played on Growling Frog GC...any others that are worth looking at in this area?
Yarra Bend is a good one, bit closer to the city. Need a crash helmet though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back