80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:

I had a 79/64 today. Par 70. It should have been five shots better as well. Missed a heap of two to five metre birdie putts. I had a 6 on the 2nd and 4th. Had rotten luck on the 4th hole when I stood in the right bunker with sand and the ball was sitting on rock hard ground. A six as well. The 5th I putted straight at the hole for par from 3m and it turned like a mother *er. Then this bloke I played with was a foot in front and he missed his putt cause it went dead straight.
The holes in the green ****ed me over a few times as well. I would have probably birdied 18 if not for them and cost me two pars.
Get online and have a look at my score today. It should have been five shots better as well. Missed a heap of two to five metre birdie putts. Had rotten luck on the 4th hole.
The holes in the green ****ed me over a few times as well. I would have probably birdied 18 if not for them and cost me two pars.
Even luck bud and I shoot 4 shots less without the triples. I was hitting the ball pure and hardly used the driver.
I was in the bunker on 12 for two and hit it out on line and it hit those holes a foot from the hole to make it miss. I got rogered today and still won.
I got nervous at the end but just took my time. Unlucky not to par on 16 after a wobbly 2 iron off the tee. The putt for par from off the front hit a little gumtree nut on the green and it was tracking. That’s after I cleared a million of them away from my line and missed the one on the green. I was rock solid on 17 with a birdie and 18 with a par.

Above is what I text to a couple of mates today. I won by a shot. The holes in the green were from coring the greens.

I had a 79/64 today. Par 70. It should have been five shots better as well. Missed a heap of two to five metre birdie putts. I had a 6 on the 2nd and 4th. Had rotten luck on the 4th hole when I stood in the right bunker with sand and the ball was sitting on rock hard ground. A six as well. The 5th I putted straight at the hole for par from 3m and it turned like a mother f***er. Then this bloke I played with was a foot in front and he missed his putt cause it went dead straight.
The holes in the green f’ed me over a few times as well. I would have probably birdied 18 if not for them and cost me two pars.
Get online and have a look at my score today. It should have been five shots better as well. Missed a heap of two to five metre birdie putts. Had rotten luck on the 4th hole.
The holes in the green f’ed me over a few times as well. I would have probably birdied 18 if not for them and cost me two pars.
Even luck bud and I shoot 4 shots less without the triples. I was hitting the ball pure and hardly used the driver.
I was in the bunker on 12 for two and hit it out on line and it hit those holes a foot from the hole to make it miss. I got rogered today and still won.
I got nervous at the end but just took my time. Unlucky not to par on 16 after a wobbly 2 iron off the tee. The putt for par from off the front hit a little gumtree nut on the green and it was tracking. That’s after I cleared a million of them away from my line and missed the one on the green. I was rock solid on 17 with a birdie and 18 with a par.

Above is what I text to a couple of mates today. I won by a shot. The holes in the green were from coring the greens.
Mate, if you're copping bad luck and winning, you're doing pretty good. Sounds like the handicap will be coming down? You're playing great, you don't need to hit great shots to win and you're proving it. Top stuff.

Mate, if you're copping bad luck and winning, you're doing pretty good. Sounds like the handicap will be coming down? You're playing great, you don't need to hit great shots to win and you're proving it. Top stuff.
I thought my way around the golf course today. I hadn’t done this in a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was planning to go hit some balls at the driving range this arvo but just read on facebook that the range i usually go to is shutting down for good today by the sound of it. Not ideal.
Which one?...Kingston Links driving range closed recently. I think they are building one on Sandringham golf course....so the other one in Sandy might be in trouble eventually too.

My best mate and I are going to Tenterfield tomorrow to play golf with my wife’s uncle who owns the Holden dealership and another golfer he knows. I’m a Ford man but I just bought a brand new CX-5 Maxx Sport. I own a Ford Territory as well.
That’s besides the point as it has been nearly five months since our last visit. It is 200kms south of my place. A very good short course with full use of effluent water. However, it is very dry.
My mate is driving his work Ute so I’ll crack my first beer the other side of Warwick at around 10am. Will have to get the balance right though until the round is finished. 🍺

Last edited:
My best mate and I are going to Tenterfield tomorrow to play golf with my wife’s uncle who owns the Holden dealership and another golfer he knows. I’m a Ford man but I just bought a brand new CX-5 Maxx Sport. I own a Ford Territory as well.
That’s besides the point as it has been nearly five months since our last visit. It is 200kms south of my place. A very good short course with full use of effluent water. However, it is very dry.
My mate is driving his work Ute so I’ll crack my first beer the other side of Warwick at around 10am. Will have to get the balance right though until the round is finished. 🍺

Nice course, but they are really struggling down there, poor bastards.
Goodonya for supporting them.

Ringwood public tomorrow. 2nd hit out post winter. New garmin golf watch for birthday and v keen to try it out.
First time at Ringwood and thought it was good, will definitely go back. Greens were rock hard and speedy but it’s a nice course and very quiet for a sunny Saturday afternoon. Not many at all on the back 9.

+17 for the day and played okay. Quick greens messed with short game and putting a bit, ended up overshooting a lot. But pretty happy and a good day overall. Watch works a treat, going to get some good use out of it. Pretty awesome being able to see how far I’m hitting them and where I’m missing. C456A53E-AE77-469E-981B-432534374471.jpeg F2FAAA16-63AE-4F5B-97CD-79C139254919.png

First time at Ringwood and thought it was good, will definitely go back. Greens were rock hard and speedy but it’s a nice course and very quiet for a sunny Saturday afternoon. Not many at all on the back 9.

+17 for the day and played okay. Quick greens messed with short game and putting a bit, ended up overshooting a lot. But pretty happy and a good day overall. Watch works a treat, going to get some good use out of it. Pretty awesome being able to see how far I’m hitting them and where I’m missing.View attachment 746234View attachment 746233
Nice one.

Garmins are great, with 2 bits of advice. The meterage might be of a little and make sure you are set to the right hole 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back