80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Quick 9 at burnley this arvo. They’ve shortened a number of holes and out in temporary AstroTurf tees. I think after complaints of balls flying onto the freeway and train tracks. 3rd hole 320m down to 120m. Played alright though, couple of near miss putts from deep could’ve tightened it up and duffed a couple of approaches on the 4th. Malvern Valley tomorrow.

View attachment 748374
Are you able to manually adjust the par/distance of the holes? In this case the 3rd?

I hear you. The public course I have been playing refuses to put groups of 2 together at the start. Groups of 1 or 2 everywhere...with a few groups of 4 holding them all up. You would think they should have a policy of making as many 4s as possible.
I haven't played yarra bend too often but we always get grouped up when I'm there. Often with members and usually feel bad for them having to wait as we chop our way through. Played with Chris Egan ex pies fella last time IIRC. Absolutely spanks them.

Are you able to manually adjust the par/distance of the holes? In this case the 3rd?
Haven't found that function yet and not sure how regularly they update courses, particularly for the smaller places. I noticed on Saturday @ Ringwood they had par wrong on one of the holes (par 4, playing par 5 on course, unless they stuffed the tee signs).

Last edited:

After sleep and thought I think it’s not as tough as it seems. Smart play is the way to go. Though elevated greens on every hole provided challenges.
Slope rating is quite low at 130.
Yeah i didn't think it was that tough on the two plays i had there.
Probably expected more.
What were your expectations? I found it to be a beautiful course framed by rainforest which is it's selling point and very enjoyable,but i found some greens were awful, because of the shade created by the trees.
Any improvement on that front?
As you mentioned the long cart drives between some holes were a pain.
Good resort course and not much more.

Yeah i didn't think it was that tough on the two plays i had there.

What were your expectations? I found it to be a beautiful course framed by rainforest which is it's selling point and very enjoyable,but i found some greens were awful, because of the shade created by the trees.
Any improvement on that front?
As you mentioned the long cart drives between some holes were a pain.
Good resort course and not much more.

Thanks for your reply

greens in parts were patchy. i thought it may have been some weeds coming through, but others told me it was water. Some were excellent, true and ran well though. Overall, all good.

expectations - I thought the fairways would be in better condition. dry in parts, but i think that whole region is suffering from lack of rain. So its more an observation really. in hindsight, the "augusta" of Aust got me excited. Thus expectations unreasonable.

Great resort course. Layout is a bit here and there, but with carts its not a big deal.

People there are very pleasant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

78 first hit with my new sticks (Waverley Public). Irons mint. One really bad one (a block to the right) and a couple came up short from a shots a bit heavy. Rest long with a very slight draw. Loved them.

A little less confidence with my woods though. Hit some good ones..a couple of viscous pulls, probably a 50/50 prospect.

9 from 13 fairways off the tee (skewed from a few irons and 4 wood which found the middle)...10 greens in reg (hit a few straight but a fraction long through green).

Couch moving at last...will be less tight lies thank god.

8 lawns mowed before teeing off...off to my kids BBall granny...a few beers and you will hear me snoring whilst the footy finals are on later.

Last edited:
78 first hit with my new sticks (Waverley Public). Irons mint. One really bad one (a block to the right) and a couple came up short from a shots a bit heavy. Rest long with a very slight draw. Loved them.

A little less confidence with my woods though. Hit some good ones..a couple of viscous pulls, probably a 50/50 prospect.

9 from 13 fairways off the tee (skewed from a few irons and 4 wood which found the middle)...10 greens in reg (hit a few straight but a fraction long through green).

Couch moving at last...will be less tight lies thank god.

8 lawns mowed before teeing off...off to my kids BBall granny...a few beers and you will hear me snoring whilst the footy finals are on later.
Any score under 80 is a good score.

Less sledging?
More relaxed maybe?
The sledging doesn’t worry me. Maybe because I want to play well when I’m with them. I’m not sure.

I played Friday in the monthly Blackmarker at Toowoomba Golf Club (not my home course) and shot 85/72. Par is 72. I went -1 off the stick for the last five holes to go to handicap. The two holes before this were triple bogeys. Also had a triple bogey to start. Four putted the first hole after being just short of the green for two and on for three ffs.

78 this morning around Coomealla (Mildura region)
Off the very back markers.
Ripping track, fast greens.
Highly recommend
That's one i haven't played. Played practically all on the Murray though.
How would you rate/compare Coomealla against the likes of Murray Downs, Cobram, Corowa and Yarrawonga etc?

That's one i haven't played. Played practically all on the Murray though.
How would you rate/compare Coomealla against the likes of Murray Downs, Cobram, Corowa and Yarrawonga etc?

Having played them all.
1. Corowa
2. Black Bull
3. Coomealla
4. Barham
5. Cobram West
6. Thurgoona
7. Yarrawonga Murray
8. Tocumwal
9. Murray Downs
10. Rich River

Having played them all.