78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Glen Waverley Public. 85.

First 8 holes...42 shots (11 over)

Last 10 holes...43 shots (4 over)

Played the front nine (harder) twice as they let on a heap of groups on the back nine and it was queued up for some reason.

Putting and driving were average (had no warm up or practice before starting) and mowed 7 lawns this morning. Hit quite a few of the toe of my clubs for some reason but still got some good results from them...strange.

Went on a golf trip a couple of weeks ago having never played a top 100 course before to playing Royal Melbourne, Cape Wickham, Ocean Dunes, Lost Farm and Barnbougle in 5 days. I would highly recommend golf on King Island and at the Lost Farm/Barnbougle course if you get a chance.

Went on a golf trip a couple of weeks ago having never played a top 100 course before to playing Royal Melbourne, Cape Wickham, Ocean Dunes, Lost Farm and Barnbougle in 5 days. I would highly recommend golf on King Island and at the Lost Farm/Barnbougle course if you get a chance.
How was RM so close to the Presidents Cup?

Felt like I could have played my best round today. Started to shower after 5 holes but it rains all the time and I'm used to it. 1 under after 8 and chunked the tee shot on 9 to finish even after 9.
Didn't stop raining. Chewed the 1st two but a birdie left me 2 over.
Pouring now.
Could only bogey the next 4 holes. Absolutely drenched.
Drove beautifully all day, only 5, 9 and 17 missed the fairway.
Putting was great but chipping was tough as the greens changed and my hands got colder.
Finished 6 over after playing in rain for two hours.
Loved it. Learnt heaps.

How was RM so close to the Presidents Cup?
To be honest it was the worst of the 5 I played, I am assuming they will be doing a bit between now and then to bring it up - dont get me wrong it was still good but not what i had built it up in my head to be before going there. They must have had about 50 grounds staff around the place.

To be honest it was the worst of the 5 I played, I am assuming they will be doing a bit between now and then to bring it up - dont get me wrong it was still good but not what i had built it up in my head to be before going there. They must have had about 50 grounds staff around the place.

Which course at RM did you play?
How was it the worst? Greens speed? conditioning of fairways or traps? Layout?

I think people have as you said a built up image in their head, a preconceived notion if you will. I know I did, but after playing it a few times got to love and appreciate the nuances.

I think people have as you said a built up image in their head, a preconceived notion if you will. I know I did, but after playing it a few times got to love and appreciate the nuances.

Still prefer Metropolitan tbh, it's bloody superb

I had 32pts today. 14 and 18 on the back. Generally struck the ball very well but any slight error in directional alignment at my home course can be punishing atm.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They do weddings there too!

wedding-image.jpg

We played the west. Greens were good and really quick. The things that i really didn't like was the fairways just looked average and i thought they would be much better then what they were - compared to the other courses we played the fairways were super green and lush but the fairways on the west while good were not great. I also found it to play very short and not as challenging as i was hoping - for a 19.5 ga handicapper who uses a 3 wood off the tee I found the par 4's and 5's to be pretty short - even the fairway bunkers that protect the course were very easy to play from I hit a fairway wood out of one.

We played the west. Greens were good and really quick. The things that i really didn't like was the fairways just looked average and i thought they would be much better then what they were - compared to the other courses we played the fairways were super green and lush but the fairways on the west while good were not great. I also found it to play very short and not as challenging as i was hoping - for a 19.5 ga handicapper who uses a 3 wood off the tee I found the par 4's and 5's to be pretty short - even the fairway bunkers that protect the course were very easy to play from I hit a fairway wood out of one.

You knew it was a short course right?
Rm is about strategy and the greens. Lightning fast and hard as a rock.

How did you score ?

You beauty. I’ll be playing RM if I ever get the chance. Short holes and fast greens is my MO. I’m not a fan of tight lies on the fairways either so that’s another plus for RM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back