80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Outside both PKGC courses Kew might be the most improved course I've seen in the past 2 years*. Excellent masterplan now fully done. Green complexes and surrounds much improved + some much needed tree clearing.

* Caveat I have not yet seen the revamped National Gunamatta.

Hows Kews financial position given they are (again?) in talks with greenacres?

Gunamatta (National) will divide opinions.

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
Hows Kews financial position given they are (again?) in talks with greenacres?

Gunamatta (National) will divide opinions.
I think Kew are going ok. The Greenacres merger will happen at some point for certain.

Gunnamatta can not possibly worse than the abomination that was the Ocean course.

I think Kew are going ok. The Greenacres merger will happen at some point for certain.

Gunnamatta can not possibly worse than the abomination that was the Ocean course.

kew-greenacres......mergers make sense, but for some reason they dont happen.

what did not you like about Ocean?

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
what did not you like about Ocean?
In terms of routing one of the worst uses of a great site you could ever imagine, a woeful set of greens and a myriad of holes where 1 or 2 bunkers would have done but TWP went for 10 instead.

Shame they did not wait for Thommo to pass on before they brought in the bulldozers but it had to be done. Apparently Doak has done a good job. I'll hopefully have a bit of a look when I play Old this Sunday.

In terms of routing one of the worst uses of a great site you could ever imagine, a woeful set of greens and a myriad of holes where 1 or 2 bunkers would have done but TWP went for 10 instead.

Shame they did not wait for Thommo to pass on before they brought in the bulldozers but it had to be done. Apparently Doak has done a good job. I'll hopefully have a bit of a look when I play Old this Sunday.

Greens I felt were the best in terms of conditioning. But the fact that they were essentially an unside down saucer made it difficult. The greens on Gunnamatta are superb.

Jun 29, 2004
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
I ended up with 31 points which I was pretty happy with after having just 13 on the front 9. I haven't been able to hit my driver in about 3 months and seemed to hit it pretty well for the most part today. Just had some alignment issues the front 9 and putting issues all day.

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos

This is why being a member of a club is great. I've played practice rounds where 'every shot is a stinger/draw/fade'.
It's also why being a junior golfer helps. Out of shear boredom with your mates, you end up having comps between each other to play these shots.

This is why being a member of a club is great. I've played practice rounds where 'every shot is a stinger/draw/fade'.
It's also why being a junior golfer helps. Out of shear boredom with your mates, you end up having comps between each other to play these shots.

Had a praccy round yesterday....all by myself. its great mate.

sometimes i commentated the shot pre and post. Sayings like "that's a great golf shot" are nice to say.

After a bird or good par i pretend the crowd are clapping and i give them the cap doff

At rounds end i stick my hand out to shake an imaginary hand too

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
Pres

29 points off 10 yesterday on the Old?
Yes mate. Three putted 17 for a wipe and then sent my tee ball on 18 many kilometres into the LHS scrub for another slash. Think I lost about 4 seeds.

Course was terrific. Tough walk but always a thrill to play.

Yes mate. Three putted 17 for a wipe and then sent my tee ball on 18 many kilometres into the LHS scrub for another slash. Think I lost about 4 seeds.

Course was terrific. Tough walk but always a thrill to play.

4 lost nuts is a good day!

first 4 holes are the toughest arent they? Both play and walk wise. But i wouldn't have it any other way.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Was on track for a personal course record last night. Then, the wind picked up to stupid levels and the balls started moving on their own on the green. That got into my head and ended up with 10 putts over the last 3 holes.....

I cant calculate slopes on the green as it is. trying to add in wind to that calculation and then rushing to try and hit the ball while it is still; it was a small miracle that I am still not on the golf course.

Niko_52

Senior List
Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne City
Loving daylight savings atm have been able to get out 3-4 times a week after work for a cheeky 9 and the course is usually very quiet. Have recently changed my putter to a Taylormade Spider was using just a cheapy Macgregor I picked up at golf clearance outlet and have noticed a massive improvement on my putting. Ball comes off the club easier and smoother and just the general weight in the putter has a better feel to it.

Played Ivanhoe yesterday and hit 96. 50 on the front 46 on the back. Beat my bet score there by 1 shot so was pretty happy but couldn't have easily been low 90s. Losing cheap shots from around 15-20 metres around the green with my chipping which needs work on

Back