80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Not sure if it's a change in weather or finally hitting irons out of the middle haha but everything tonight was going straight through the green. Hitting them sweetly though so can't complain to much. Just struggling off the tee a bit.

Not sure if it's a change in weather or finally hitting irons out of the middle haha but everything tonight was going straight through the green. Hitting them sweetly though so can't complain to much. Just struggling off the tee a bit.
Its hard being over the back, always dead there...much better to be towards the front if anything.

Used to be very good (but a little short)...gone down hill?

Greens true but slow imo.

Bunkers mostly not much sand. Though one may feel yesterday’s storms played havoc with the sand.

Course in very good condition considering the wind yesterday I must commend them on that.

Greens are tiny leaving zero margin for error. Felt they were too difficult.

Y
Greens true but slow imo.

Bunkers mostly not much sand. Though one may feel yesterday’s storms played havoc with the sand.

Course in very good condition considering the wind yesterday I must commend them on that.

Greens are tiny leaving zero margin for error. Felt they were too difficult.
Played it years ago a fair bit as a guest...and could recall it was short....and the greens were small (thanks for reminding as i had forgotten) which I suppose gives the course a bit of protection from gun players. I liked it at the time.

Y

Played it years ago a fair bit as a guest...and could recall it was short....and the greens were small (thanks for reminding as i had forgotten) which I suppose gives the course a bit of protection from gun players. I liked it at the time.
If you are a very good player and accurate, the course provides less challenge.

Course is certainly short! however we were teeing off from the forward tees. but still recognise its lack of distance per se.

greens elevated/raised meaning short sharp drop offs to the sides

36 points today, better than the 29 yesterday. Perfect weekend for golf. Had a few weeks off and really noticed it. Hit 13/14 greens, approach and putting let me down. Been looking at new putters and will be getting a blade with an oversized grip. Ego was in check today except one hole (which I proceeded to wipe).

A splendid stroll through peninsula Kingswood today interspersed with some golf ball hitting. Less than acceptable score but struck the ball well. Usually remember bad shots but today I recall pleasant ones including par on the no one rated hole.

Got plenty of vitamin d

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waterford valley tomorrow morning. Never played there before. Hoping to break 95 and I'll be happy. Looks like it will be a cracker day for it

Watch for snakes
Didn't come across any luckily considering how many times I hooked it today. 100 off the stick hit some pars, some bogeys but ultimately 2-3 really bad holes stuff up my round. Still happy with how I played hit the ball well most of the day and the course was in great condition. Hoping to get out and play there again sometime soon.

First ever round today, 66 off 9 holes hahaha.

Learnt so much though that I reckon I will improve by at least half a dozen strokes if not more next time.

Things I learnt for my next round.

1. When they offer you a cart, take it. I was buggered by the 7th hauling around my bag.

2. Take my time. I rushed shots and was too lazy to check putts and the greens and just swung.

3. Despite the length of holes, don't try and overhit, it just results in rubbish shots.

4. Take a warm up. I went straight to the first tee and my first 2 shots I lost to the right in the bushes.

5. Hitting well at the range and indoors means sweet * all. The lies I got were horrible often deep in grass or on uneven ground where my footing wasnt balanced.

Lots more to learn

Learnt so much though that I reckon I will improve by at least half a dozen strokes if not more next time.

1. When they offer you a cart, take it. I was buggered by the 7th hauling around my bag.

2. Take my time. I rushed shots and was too lazy to check putts and the greens and just swung.

3. Despite the length of holes, don't try and overhit, it just results in rubbish shots.

4. Take a warm up. I went straight to the first tee and my first 2 shots I lost to the right in the bushes.

5. Hitting well at the range and indoors means sweet fu** all. The lies I got were horrible often deep in grass or on uneven ground where my footing wasnt balanced.

Lots more to learn

Where did you play?

1. cart? as in electric cart? or a pull buggy?

all else true. dont worry, golf is a journey, course management, playing smart, etc. takes time. Enjoy the journey!

5. Hitting well at the range and indoors means sweet fu** all. The lies I got were horrible often deep in grass or on uneven ground where my footing wasnt balanced.

Lots more to learn
Points 2, 3, 4 and 5 will be relevant in 5 years time still

Remove this Banner Ad

Back