80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
First ever round today, 66 off 9 holes hahaha.

Learnt so much though that I reckon I will improve by at least half a dozen strokes if not more next time.

Things I learnt for my next round.

1. When they offer you a cart, take it. I was buggered by the 7th hauling around my bag.

2. Take my time. I rushed shots and was too lazy to check putts and the greens and just swung.

3. Despite the length of holes, don't try and overhit, it just results in rubbish shots.

4. Take a warm up. I went straight to the first tee and my first 2 shots I lost to the right in the bushes.

5. Hitting well at the range and indoors means sweet fu** all. The lies I got were horrible often deep in grass or on uneven ground where my footing wasnt balanced.

Lots more to learn
Points 2, 3, 4 and 5 will be relevant in 5 years time still

Walking is part of golf. Keep going and walk as much as possible. It’s good for your health and more importantly helps you think about the game and your next shot.
Nothing wrong with walking! But I denied the pull buggy to put my clubs along on, I carried them around on my back between holes which took a bit out of me as I'm so unfit lol.

Just found this board so will try post and get involved a bit.

Been getting right into golf the last 6 or 7 months. Playing once or twice a week.

Trying to play somewhere new every week or two.

I'm on the road a bit for work so been able to play a few regional courses. Played Murray Downs in swan hill 2 weeks ago. Class course. Too bad its 5 hours from Melbourne as it's right up there with the sandbelt courses.

Going to try play Warrnambool after work tonight.

Been getting right into golf the last 6 or 7 months. Playing once or twice a week.

I'm on the road a bit for work so been able to play a few regional courses. Played Murray Downs in swan hill 2 weeks ago. Class course. Too bad its 5 hours from Melbourne as it's right up there with the sandbelt courses.

Country courses are so underrated. $20 can get you an awesome round on a course where you're completely alone.

Enjoy the wind!

You'll appreciate Leishmans low ball flight even more after a round at the Bool

Country courses are so underrated. $20 can get you an awesome round on a course where you're completely alone.

Yeah there's some decent ones out there. played Shepparton last week which was decent.

Murray Downs though really surprised me how good it was. $50 so bit more expensive for a country course. High quality though.

murray_downs_golf_course_1st_a.jpg

murray_downs_golf_course_4th_a.jpg

Screenshot_20191121-083123_Facebook.jpg

Shepp.
GPS says 18th green is 908 metres away 🤣

I'm up in Shep about once a month so will play again.

Also * that 18th hole haha. I whipped on that one. Second shot into the bunker. Sand was like a rock at the time. Went into the bunker over the other side then had two shots in that one. Lucky no one really there to see it at that time 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played Mt Derrimut last week. I’m a bit precious, but hated the traffic so close. I like getting out amongst the bush. Rich River this weekend for an away trip. Researching games to play for non-Golfers.

Agree about country courses they’re fantastic.
Love the game passionately and am lucky enough to get to play on many courses including the best ones through a work social golf club that continues to grow.
Most recent round in that was at Keysborough for the first time in a long time and it’s still a terrific course.
Just home now from a solo practice round at home course, nothing better on a Friday to have a great walk, couple of beers and practice your game on a quiet day! Hit them really well too and even putted well do that probably means I play like a campaigner tomorrow!

Played Howlong yesterday, 79 off the stick.
2 oob
Driving embarrassing

Irons...I love you Mizuno, like man crush love

And putter ok (old Lynson putter back in the bag)
Man what a game.. I literally can pretty much put the driver wherever I want and still get it down there a fair distance, my pitching and chipping has never been better, putting can be absolutely putrid but also hot.. but my irons... I have no idea what’s happened but I can go out there today and hit them flush and close all day but the next day... omg.
It’s in my head now too which as everyone knows is the worst thing ever and I’m just not getting through it some days.
Doing my head in!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back