80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Gave up a round on Saturday at the national. My mates Syed, entered the comp and came top 10. Played pretty well for himself.

Going to roster a Monday off soon, ay some future golf rounds down there and national on a sunday. Just have to pick the right weather
Autumn is the best time anywhere.

Gave up a round on Saturday at the national. My mates Syed, entered the comp and came top 10. Played pretty well for himself.

Going to roster a Monday off soon, ay some future golf rounds down there and national on a sunday. Just have to pick the right weather

Cant find Syed on Saturdays results :(

Sorry Sam. Auto correct
oh yeah!

200.gif

Got my best score on Sunday, but I feel I didn't really play very well, got lucky and no part of my game was shocking. When you hit a ball through one tree and just past several others to land on the green, then you know it is your lucky day.

In saying that, on every single hole I putted in for 2. that helps your game a lot. my putting technique is so weird yet it just seems to work atm. I have my left non-dominant hand lower than my right(Jordan Spieth like). my stance is so slanted that it seems to my friends that I could putt into my front foot(never do). yet it is the best technique i have tried, so I am keeping it.

Got my best score on Sunday, but I feel I didn't really play very well, got lucky and no part of my game was shocking. When you hit a ball through one tree and just past several others to land on the green, then you know it is your lucky day.

In saying that, on every single hole I putted in for 2. that helps your game a lot. my putting technique is so weird yet it just seems to work atm. I have my left non-dominant hand lower than my right(Jordan Spieth like). my stance is so slanted that it seems to my friends that I could putt into my front foot(never do). yet it is the best technique i have tried, so I am keeping it.
luck of the irish! even if you arent irish haha

which course?

54 off 9 yesterday first time at Chelsea Public.
My shots off the tee and mid irons are really improving, I was thrilled with some of the shots I hit yesterday but my chipping within 20 yards and putting is still costing me too much and I have no confidence at all with any of those shots and so I get the jitters and usually under swing or top it and it just comes off too strong and rolls straight across the green.
I'll be on the fringe of the green in 2 shots but then score 6 on the hole because I'll chip long/short and then 3 putt.

The only hole that really threw me is the 9th, when you've never played it before I had no idea what to expect, then the pin is on a real sharp dog leg to the right. I had no idea where I was hitting to and ended up in the rough on the right to finish with 9 strokes for the hole haha. Didn't help the score...

54 off 9 yesterday first time at Chelsea Public.
My shots off the tee and mid irons are really improving, I was thrilled with some of the shots I hit yesterday but my chipping within 20 yards and putting is still costing me too much and I have no confidence at all with any of those shots and so I get the jitters and usually under swing or top it and it just comes off too strong and rolls straight across the green.
I'll be on the fringe of the green in 2 shots but then score 6 on the hole because I'll chip long/short and then 3 putt.

The only hole that really threw me is the 9th, when you've never played it before I had no idea what to expect, then the pin is on a real sharp dog leg to the right. I had no idea where I was hitting to and ended up in the rough on the right to finish with 9 strokes for the hole haha. Didn't help the score...
keep going!

Have you considered putting from the fringe?

keep going!

Have you considered putting from the fringe?
Honestly I probably should, but thinking long term I thought it would be better to practice my chipping even if it doesn't give me the best score right now, it might help 12 months from now.

I also want to get a handicap (it would likely be 36 at the moment) just so I can track my improvement over time.

Honestly I probably should, but thinking long term I thought it would be better to practice my chipping even if it doesn't give me the best score right now, it might help 12 months from now.

I also want to get a handicap (it would likely be 36 at the moment) just so I can track my improvement over time.
I putt from off the fringe more than I chip, nothing wrong with it and helps get a feel of the speed of the green

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard a theorm once that goes like this

If you can putt, putt
If you cant putt, chip
If you cant chip, pitch

etc

look at it this way. yes you need to practice chipping, but you also need to practice putting. so either way, you will putt.

I heard a theorm once that goes like this

If you can putt, putt
If you cant putt, chip
If you cant chip, pitch

etc

look at it this way. yes you need to practice chipping, but you also need to practice putting. so either way, you will putt.
Makes sense actually. Will try some longer putts from the apron if the lie is good.

Makes sense actually. Will try some longer putts from the apron if the lie is good.

more things can go wrong when the ball is airborne.

PS: im definitely not a good chipper. prefer to putt or bunt using a hybrid from the apron ish

Go and watch old British open footage from the 70's. No such things as lob wedges. Heaps of PW and 9 irons played off of the back foot. Modern day coaches will have none of it. Worked beautifully though.

Have a go at Tea Tree. $20 and a great little 9 holer.
yeah. played it last year. It was better than New Town bay. Have tried to play it twice since and both times they were busy. The last one really annoyed me as it was on a Friday afternoon and they were not letting any play because they didn't want people practising for the Saturday comp. haven't tried since then.

Elderslie, Pittwater and Llanherne are fantastic 9 hole courses. Just a bit out of the way sadly. The later 2 are also a bit more pricey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back