80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:

The guy that did the work there is doing the work here at Royal Hobart. I'm hoping that the changes feel, look and play seamlessly at Victoria?

Victoria is bloody amazing, it's got better.

Amazingly I had 4 eagle putts yesterday that i created
1 - par 4 - 4iron onto green
8 - par 5 - driver 7 iron
9 - par 5 - driver 3 wood
18 - par 5 - driver 8 iron

Didn't make 1 of them, closest was a 25ft putt

Last edited:

What were the greens like to putt on? Did you need your level spin to hold them? Were they super quick?
I'm not sure I want greens like National/Moonah Links that are green concrete. That's my only fear with the works going ahead.

Tom Doak doing your da Victoria playing some courses. He went down to Port Fairy and then Peterborough. It's ok his Instagram . What a life.

What were the greens like to putt on? Did you need your level spin to hold them? Were they super quick?
I'm not sure I want greens like National/Moonah Links that are green concrete. That's my only fear with the works going ahead.
The greens are still new they were not the quickest I've played on but they had 20mils of rain the day before.
Wind made it hard to judge spin to be honest.
Subtle breaks, hard to read but I rolled perfectly.
Give them 12 months and I they'll be the best

How small are these holes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pure distinction greens are fab-u-lous. Not concrete like at National. Roll so true, yet lush and nice to look at. I havent played Vic for around 8 months so can comment on what theyre like now. i think its 8 months. But if theyre gonna be like peninsula, look out!

Tom Doak doing your da Victoria playing some courses. He went down to Port Fairy and then Peterborough. It's ok his Instagram . What a life.

Saw him on the weekend at national. Playing the renaissance cup

51 strokes from 9 today first time at Spring Park. Lots of sticks and stuff on the course and the greens are patchy so I was pretty happy with that as a first time on the course.

Today chipping was good, putting was acceptable but tee shots were awful. Chunked a few, sliced a couple, probably only hit 2/9 where I wanted to.

No golf tomorrow. Couple of rounds on Sunday however
I've got tennis elbow, played Monday, Wednesday, today and a range session on Tuesday and my elbow is absolutely paying for it now. Been great trying to take advantage of the last month of daylight savings but geez I'm gonna have to rest a few days lol.

I've got tennis elbow, played Monday, Wednesday, today and a range session on Tuesday and my elbow is absolutely paying for it now. Been great trying to take advantage of the last month of daylight savings but geez I'm gonna have to rest a few days lol.
sure its not golf elbow/

sure its not golf elbow/
Yeh, the tennis/vs golf distinction has nothing to do with the sport it's just whether it's internal or external, physio has diagnosed it as lateral epicondylitis which I think is the outside of the elbow on the left arm. Its absolutely aching now haha

Yeh, the tennis/vs golf distinction has nothing to do with the sport it's just whether it's internal or external, physio has diagnosed it as lateral epicondylitis which I think is the outside of the elbow on the left arm. Its absolutely aching now haha
I had it for years but wore one of those straps on it which helped, I wasn’t missing golf! It’s like now I have a tear through a tendon in my shoulder but * surgery.. I have 2 more tendons there!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back