80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Good course? Is it very narrow or? How busy on weekdays in the late arvo? I'm quite local and keen to play it, especially if I can knock off work early one day.
Its a pretty good track for a public course.. Front 9 harder than back. Normally reasonably quiet which is great. Very good fairways in summer.. Bit sloppy in winter. Back 9 is tighter and shorter than front

pros do it cause their livelihood depends on it.

a lot of factors come in when it comes to the bolded bits. generally id say no to each of them. those sort of things s**t me too. but i cant think of anyone ive played with who performs those.

Where do you play (course) to come across these sort of behaviours/traits?
I've only played 5 courses. It can happen on any of them, or not at all, so don't think it's course specific from what I've seen it's just some players are different in that regard.

I'm too fast to my detriment, others are too slow for the pace of play. The answer probably lies in the middle in what is best for everyone's collective experience. We all pay our money, but no one wants to wait 10 minutes at every tee or take 4 hours to finish a round that should've been finished in 3.

Good course? Is it very narrow or? How busy on weekdays in the late arvo? I'm quite local and keen to play it, especially if I can knock off work early one day.

I liked it. Nice and flat and the fairways were in good nick. Greens were very fast and hard I felt. A number of times especially on the front 9 I'd hit on and it would roll off over the back or to the side. Didn't find many holes too narrow tbh. Wasn't too busy at all played at 1:30 and it was unlimited golf for $25.

Jells Park?..course should be in cracking condition after all the rain this Summer
Yep jells park. Was in great condition I've played it once before and that was about August last year. Much much nicer this time around

where brother?
Melton Valley.
Driver went AWOL which is not a great place for that to happen and the tees were up which sees them put the pins in awful spots and I just didn’t putt well enough. A lot of those putts where if you miss it leaks away for a tough next putt.

I've only played 5 courses. It can happen on any of them, or not at all, so don't think it's course specific from what I've seen it's just some players are different in that regard.

I'm too fast to my detriment, others are too slow for the pace of play. The answer probably lies in the middle in what is best for everyone's collective experience. We all pay our money, but no one wants to wait 10 minutes at every tee or take 4 hours to finish a round that should've been finished in 3.

A round should take 4.1 hours IMO (conditions dependant of course).

Agree no one should be waiting 10 mins on a hole. That’s a hole behind. It probably happens more on a public course however

At social level it should never take more than 4 hours, my biggest bug bear is the knob spankers who over estimate their ability and wait for a very long time for group in front to hit, when they have got no where near them all day.
Then duff it

Had a nice walk at peninsula kingswood today. Played well at times, poorly mostly. playing partners they shitted me today. walking in your line when you're about to hit, asking "where did it (ball) go?" after every shot, distracting/talking during hits. One was even talking on phone on the tee box, and did not put it on silent (ringing throughout the round) despite being told to do so. *.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, the Players cancelled, Premier League suspended, Aussie Grand Prix cancelled today, NBA suspended, Coronavirus up and about. What the freaking hell am i going to do??
Play some golf, i suppose.
Had to confirm the comp was still on today.

You would think social golf with a known partner would be one of the extremely low risk activities here, given the very low proximity for contact, and the heat and fresh air, wind, etc. Apart from someone behind the counter for one minute, I dont usually come within 10 metres of anyone outside my group.

You would think social golf with a known partner would be one of the extremely low risk activities here, given the very low proximity for contact, and the heat and fresh air, wind, etc. Apart from someone behind the counter for one minute, I dont usually come within 10 metres of anyone outside my group.

Expect measures extreme that dictate no handshakes or touching of the flag. At least one of the big clubs has enacted this. Of course if u wanna touch hands and flags that’s up to you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back