80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Have been scoring low 90s the last few weeks and am yet to crack 90. Game is getting better and better and I owe it to going to the driving range 2-3 times a week. Played Waterford valley today and walked up the the 16th tee on 75. Ended up with 93. Double bogey, bogey, quadruple bogey on the last :rolleyes: . Felt like joining the two balls I hit into the lake on the last for a swim after I sunk my final putt. Ah well next time!
It will happen. Hows the course condition there?

Have been scoring low 90s the last few weeks and am yet to crack 90. Game is getting better and better and I owe it to going to the driving range 2-3 times a week. Played Waterford valley today and walked up the the 16th tee on 75. Ended up with 93. Double bogey, bogey, quadruple bogey on the last :rolleyes: . Felt like joining the two balls I hit into the lake on the last for a swim after I sunk my final putt. Ah well next time!

You been playing some great golf mate
Reckon it’s only a matter of time for you. Keep it up.

I have broken 90 once

It will happen. Hows the course condition there?

Hopefully next week :sweatsmile: .Fairly good considering the recent weather. A few soggy areas in the rough which is expected but the fairways were perfect. Greens were tricky which I feel they always are there. Back 9 gets so windy also but luckily yesterday most holes we had a tailwind behind us. That must've been the secret to me driving well all day.

You been playing some great golf mate
Reckon it’s only a matter of time for you. Keep it up.

I have broken 90 once

Thanks mate I have been loving it. Where and when was that?

Thinking of becoming a member somewhere soon also but not sure where. Have mates who are members at the National, Commonwealth and La trobe. La Trobe seems the more logical one as I have mates who play there, is a 15 minute drive from home and the fees aren't too bad. Yet to play there however so would definitely want to check it out before signing up.
Anyone played there before? How does it hold up during the winter months?

Hopefully next week :sweatsmile: .Fairly good considering the recent weather. A few soggy areas in the rough which is expected but the fairways were perfect. Greens were tricky which I feel they always are there. Back 9 gets so windy also but luckily yesterday most holes we had a tailwind behind us. That must've been the secret to me driving well all day.

Thanks mate I have been loving it. Where and when was that?

Thinking of becoming a member somewhere soon also but not sure where. Have mates who are members at the National, Commonwealth and La trobe. La Trobe seems the more logical one as I have mates who play there, is a 15 minute drive from home and the fees aren't too bad. Yet to play there however so would definitely want to check it out before signing up.

Old course at national during club champs

Alrighty, have completed my relocation to the Valley of the Sun in the midst of a global pandemic because, why not?

When normalcy returns (and it will someday) and you Aussies get the itch to golf in Phoenix let me know.

Be fun to play

Latrobe is surely the tightest golf course in Melbourne. It's like playing down the hallway in your house on every shot. Conditioning is fine - which is pretty amazing given the trees.

I'm a member at Commonwealth.

Personally I would wait until mid 2021 when the recession really takes hold and you'll be able to pick up a share at the National for under $5k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was looking in to memberships too, except given I can only get out and golf once a week in winter and maybe twice a week in summer, I prefer to vary my courses and I reckon to get value from the memberships you've got to play a round there a week, if not more in some cases. It'd tie up my golf too much to one course, but I guess that's how people get good on a particular course for competition rounds.

I was looking in to memberships too, except given I can only get out and golf once a week in winter and maybe twice a week in summer, I prefer to vary my courses and I reckon to get value from the memberships you've got to play a round there a week, if not more in some cases. It'd tie up my golf too much to one course, but I guess that's how people get good on a particular course for competition rounds.

Also consider that even being a member of course AZQ, you can still play other courses. Of course, there's a part that says "Hey, i pay membership to play at AZQ GC, why go play elsewhere today?".

Also consider that even being a member of course AZQ, you can still play other courses. Of course, there's a part that says "Hey, i pay membership to play at AZQ GC, why go play elsewhere today?".
What's AZQ? I know that some courses have recripical rights at a couple of clubs, but just for me do I want to pay a few grand a year to play 2-3 courses or do I want to pay a few ground a year at any course I want week to week?

That's just been my view so far, I understand there's a heap of other club benefits at many courses, but for me I just wanna get in, play, get out.

With a pretty good chance that us poor folk down here in Vic will probably go into a statewide lock down again....it will be interesting to see if we have gone 2 steps forward and 2 steps back....or will we be allowed to golf/surf/fish this time as exercise? Oh..I will hire my rukkett out for $5 a day...but must be sanitised before return thanks. :)

What's AZQ? I know that some courses have recripical rights at a couple of clubs, but just for me do I want to pay a few grand a year to play 2-3 courses or do I want to pay a few ground a year at any course I want week to week?

That's just been my view so far, I understand there's a heap of other club benefits at many courses, but for me I just wanna get in, play, get out.

AZQ is just an arbitrary name of a fictitious course, like how people say ABC, XYZ.

Question, are you happy to play public courses?

There are lots of online communities eg future golf. Don’t have a home club but get access to a number of clubs (usually the public/private clubs). That might be an option. I enjoy having the ability to wander over after work and waltz on and play a few holes in summer, which you can’t do with future (although lots of places do discounted twilight rounds).

If you get the most enjoyment from playing with mates, then sign up with them. If you prefer moving around and you don’t mind who you play with then something like future could be an option.

AZQ is just an arbitrary name of a fictitious course, like how people say ABC, XYZ.

Question, are you happy to play public courses?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back