80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:

Can’t believe how much different I’ve returned this time.
Mentally my game feels great as I think having it taken away twice from us perhaps makes me appreciate it more than I already did.
I think I must have really needed the break mentally, I’m enjoying just being out there and I’m really thinking about what I’m doing in regards to course management etc and routine more than I have for years.
Even when I hit a s**t shot I’m just relaxed and forget about it, it’s amazing how one can become two, then three etc or a missed putt can then go into a terrible drive if you carry it with you.
The end result is of course I’m hitting less s**t shots, getting far more birdie looks and just really playing well.
Determined to keep the calm mindset and have a week off or so if I feel I need it.

21 points and pneumonia today. She was wet

hit 3 balls OOB in two consecutive holes off the tee. Actually played some good shots among the s**t.

I tend to be a low, flat hitter so when it’s wet and the ball doesn’t run I’m in trouble

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone make sense of why there can be thousands of people in local parks at one time and up to 10 people from two homes in an outdoor area but we can't play golf in fours? ******* joke. Absolute madness.

Can anyone make sense of why there can be thousands of people in local parks at one time and up to 10 people from two homes in an outdoor area but we can't play golf in fours? ******* joke. Absolute madness.

I imagine they don't want people sharing carts, but a group of four walking shouldn't be an issue (if common sense is a thing any more)

Not being able to buy a bottle of water at the pro shop but you can buy golf balls is equally as baffling

Went round Hillview Classic after work. Decided to play proper tournament rules as I begin to prepare playing competitively more. Went around in 46. I also scored as if I was playing stableford, giving myself a handicap of 20. Scored 18.

Got a love/hate relationship with Hillview. It’s convenient and usually nice and quiet with it’s 27 holes. But the trade off is very ordinary “rough” that is basically sticks and sand. It’s one of those courses where you can hit a ball straight down the fairway and it gets lost in a Bermuda Triangle vortex of unkept grass.

Whats generally a good score for stableford?

And is it typically scored:
Net double bogey+: 0 points
Net bogey: 1 point
Net par: 2 points
Net birdie: 3 points

Ahh good to see someone else plays hillview on here. I live a stone's throw away so go there during work times ect for hits I like the range and chipping practice is one of the better ones as is the practice putting.

As for the course. Yeh it would be nice if they were given some good money to just improve it slightly. Just the fairways really and I don't think there horrible.

I'd rather an elite 18 holes, wider driving range and add in a mini putt/chipping course of some sort

85 yesterday at Collier

Put the driver away which helped massively not sure it will see much light again. Now I just need a 3 wood off the tee

GIR
6/9 front 9 (42)
4/9 back 9 (43) 2 that were just off/first cut

Putting wasn't great. Greens just cored bit slick for me

Last edited:
First round back for me tomorrow.
I'm sure I'll put in a craptacular performance. At least the conditions should be good.

As for the unluckiest golfers in Australia right now, the members and regulars at Kooringal golf club.
After waiting months without play due to lock down I have heard the groundskeeper has accidentally damaged all 18 greens during the break.
A former greens keeper did that at the Toowoomba Golf Club (Middle Ridge) approximately 4 or 5 years ago. They had to replace a couple of greens and remove sections of others. The fertiliser mix poisoned the greens.

Thinking about purchasing a driving iron. Anyone use one? I will replace my driver with it if I find it helpful
I bought my B.I.Law a Mizuno 2iron last xmas.
Should have kept it myself 😆
210-220 darts
Would never replace my driver tho, more likely a wedge or 5wood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back