Cups WR​

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Last year the goal was to get the handicap from the 36 start down to 20 by end of year, COVID not playing/practicing for a good couple of months and only being able to play once a week at a few local courses ruined that for me (that's the excuse I'm going with anyway), so the goal is back on for 2021!

Have so far managed to get it to 31.4 over the last few rounds, the graph is definitely trending down. I imagine that a few more good rounds will bring it down into the high 20s as I think it takes the average of your best scores.

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
My brother is playing Cathedral Lodge today. Flying from Melb by helicopter lol.
Is the condition of the invite that he spends 4 hours incessantly praising the course to his host, that it's definitely top 5 in Australia, Greg Norman is the world's best ever designer and this is the greatest day of his life?

Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Is the condition of the invite that he spends 4 hours incessantly praising the course to his host, that it's definitely top 5 in Australia, Greg Norman is the world's best ever designer and this is the greatest day of his life?
Haha probably...He did enjoy the day, liked the course and said the helicopter trip was fun. Made it back in one piece. Mentioned in a comment it's ranked number 8 but he would be not a course expert and probably has not played many great ones. Out of interest do you rate it and how high?

ubuntu

Team Captain
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
This water, what kind of water is this? San Pellegrino. Wow. I’m used to the tap stuff.

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
Mentioned in a comment it's ranked number 8
Which list? The "top courses of the central North Eastern Victoria" :D.

In all seriousness I have not played there. They did not want it ranked by Golf Australia magazine as GN has a business exclusivity arrangement with Golf Digest so I believe they rolled out the welcome mat to the raters there alone (it ranked 17 there - ahead of PK South, The Lakes, St Andrew's Beach etc).

It's meant to be quite nice (glorious clubhouse in particular) but this type approach to ranking always creates suspicion.

Despite 3 weeks leave over Christmas I didn’t play nearly as much as I’d have planned.

first hit in a month on the weekend. 25 points. Scratchy. Only one actual par, and a few net pars, couple of net birdies.

Wiped 4 out of first nine though. Had 9 points at the turn.

ubuntu

Team Captain
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Had a lesson last week, new coach as I’ve recently moved. I really quite liked the lesson as a whole and I was hitting them sweetly with less effort. But geez it’s been an adjustment and I’m nervous for my next round.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Had a lesson last week, new coach as I’ve recently moved. I really quite liked the lesson as a whole and I was hitting them sweetly with less effort. But geez it’s been an adjustment and I’m nervous for my next round.
Go the range in between lol! One thing I stuffed up a few weeks ago was going from lesson to play with no practice in between. Too many swing thoughts trying to implement the new stuff and it was a disaster.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I'm convinced no other sport has improvement and form a complete chook lotto :straining:

Had a disastrous 119 today at Glen Waverley. Was playing some of my best golf ever only a week ago, took about a week off to beat some of the heat in Melbourne and have a rest and came back today and could not get anything going. Lost about half a dozen balls at least in the rough, pretty much every one of the second shots was chipping back onto the fairway from the trees.

Hoping I can just put this one down as a blip and get back to how I was tracking a week ago.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I'm convinced no other sport has improvement and form a complete chook lotto :straining:

Had a disastrous 119 today at Glen Waverley. Was playing some of my best golf ever only a week ago, took about a week off to beat some of the heat in Melbourne and have a rest and came back today and could not get anything going. Lost about half a dozen balls at least in the rough, pretty much every one of the second shots was chipping back onto the fairway from the trees.

Hoping I can just put this one down as a blip and get back to how I was tracking a week ago.
It happens, in just over 2 months have gone from barely being able to iron properly to the form of my life and back to struggling to hit an iron properly again

Bloody game!
I’ve gone from playing really well,swinging great, good tempo and connection, putting great to swing off and can’t make a putt to save myself in a bit over a week!

toxic report.

Solid 17 on the front 9. With 2 wipes.

After 15 is sitting pretty on 26 points
Well that was bloody hard work

OLD off the BLACKS

29 points

Wiped last two (exhaustion kicked in)

Wind, rain, wind, rain, more wind

Back