80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Moonah 16-18 from the blacks into the prevailing wind is something else.

Anybody who says the Gunna is too easy never play off the blacks and never check their score card.

Yep 16-18 is a bitch of a finish. Can throw in 15 as a precursor too. And 14 even into the wind.

Gunna is more forgiving. But not easy

Certainly was

Now planning a set at National

Friday
Saturday
Sunday

All 3 courses

Might need some more golf balls
Just read that my course from the Blues is ranked harder than The Old from the Blacks which I find ridiculous. IMO The National courses would be harder without wind let alone with it. I scored really well one day with no wind at Sunshine which is quite 'Linksy'. How's The National with no wind?

Just read that my course from the Blues is ranked harder than The Old from the Blacks which I find ridiculous. IMO The National courses would be harder without wind let alone with it. I scored really well one day with no wind at Sunshine which is quite 'Linksy'. How's The National with no wind?

Slope ratings can be somewhat deceiving. I hear it’s based on various factors such as fairways and green size and width. Both are generous which am grateful for.

The old is a short and wide course. Moonah wide. Gunna really wide. The defence is wind. Have played all courses on still conditions and it’s much more palpable. I do not believe wind is taken into account for difficulties/slope rating.

I must say. National with no wind is bizarre. Really strange. It felt creepy and odd.

National with no wind = finding a unicorn 😅

Played my first competition with a handicap with my new social club yesterday and won it lol.

Played at Hartfield. It was stinking hot with gale force winds. I thought I played terribly, except for some drives and my putting, and shot 106, but turns out everyone else had a shocker as well.

Played my first competition with a handicap with my new social club yesterday and won it lol.

Played at Hartfield. It was stinking hot with gale force winds. I thought I played terribly, except for some drives and my putting, and shot 106, but turns out everyone else had a shocker as well.
Dhoni Bushranger Dakurri. (Is the term bushranger still used in golf?...years ago it was someone that won comps with a dubious handicap)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I played 18 yesterday for 16 points.....

Have rightly booked in for a lesson tomorrow. I think I identified what was going wrong but I'll let the coach prove it.
Damn, 16 is indeed a tough day. Nothing like a lesson to get the confidence back though!

Last edited:
Picked up my new custom fit and built Srixon ZX5 irons today. I cannot believe the difference in ball striking and forgiveness. Huge increase in distance, hitting ball then ground first consistently. I’m almost certain my dynamic loft has decreased because of the stiffer shaft.

They feel out of this world to hit, and I look back at my old Cobra F-Maxs and I can’t help wonder where my game would be if I did this earlier.

Looking forward to seeing where they take me. Definitely have to get the same thing done for my driver.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back