80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:

I'm not a massive hitter (240m average) so I find playing off of the tips gives me more space off of the tee as I can't reach the bunkers.
240m short? That correlates with a driver swing speed of 100 mph roughly and puts you near the pointy end of male amateur driving distance.

If you can average 240 your big ones i assume go 260 or better. Thats long.

240m short? That correlates with a driver swing speed of 100 mph roughly and puts you near the pointy end of male amateur driving distance.

If you can average 240 your big ones i assume go 260 or better. Thats long.
I googled measured two drives from yesterday and they came in at 225m and 230m. Dripping wet course so little roll out. Maybe closer to a 230-235m average but there or there abouts. My big ones will go 250m+. Usually it’s a slight miss hit low on the face, they seem to come off hot and low with no spin and roll out a lot.
FWIW my biggest down hill down wind was at the National Moonah course on the 4th. 320m from the blues (which were in the blacks tee box). Had a 60m pitch in. Hit striaight over the corner. Reckon it must have rolled at least 70m. Hopefully peternorth can confirm that there uses to be a little sand bucket on a post down there? I hit the ball beautifully that day but took me 9 holes to get used to the greens. Reckon I 3 putted every green at least until I got the pace right. From memory I had a 5 putt in there.

I googled measured two drives from yesterday and they came in at 225m and 230m. Dripping wet course so little roll out. Maybe closer to a 230-235m average but there or there abouts. My big ones will go 250m+. Usually it’s a slight miss hit low on the face, they seem to come off hot and low with no spin and roll out a lot.
FWIW my biggest down hill down wind was at the National Moonah course on the 4th. 320m from the blues (which were in the blacks tee box). Had a 60m pitch in. Hit striaight over the corner. Reckon it must have rolled at least 70m. Hopefully peternorth can confirm that there uses to be a little sand bucket on a post down there? I hit the ball beautifully that day but took me 9 holes to get used to the greens. Reckon I 3 putted every green at least until I got the pace right. From memory I had a 5 putt in there.

At various stages in the life of the Moonah course, there has been a post with two golf cart sand buckets. At the moment there is none.

The 4th be a par 4 hitting from an elevated tee onto a plateau. Fairway shaped like this.

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 9.14.28 pm.png
hole4.jpg

I’ve driven the 4th at DUNES numerous times which is 310mts from the tips, elevated tee, downhill.
Driven past new pot bunker on 9 which is 275 from tips.
However these are downhill……into the prevailing wind on 14, anything 230 plus is a great drive.
Thats why I like links courses so much, get great reward sometimes with run…..can feel like a pro for a fleeting moment.
Pity I could never hit a 5 iron 220 mts like they are on DP World Tour tourney atm.

Reckon you are a relatively big hitter based on your numbers.

4th at Moonah can go long with a good South Westerly. On the old Ocean Course you gained a lot of meters on the 10th with the SW wind.

Last edited:
Tough day at Dunes yesterday, 29 pts, but even tougher today at Sorrento. Pretty much galeforce winds all morning.
Course immaculate, greens great condition, with subtle variation.
We came 2nd in 4 man Ambrose comp with a nett 59, which was a great score considering the conditions.
Consolation was i won the long drive comp.

Frustrating few months with very little golf. Course ( La Trobe) heavily affected throughout the winter and has been flooded ever since the big storm. Whole course basically went under water. Predicting another 6-8 weeks away from it being fully back open.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Up in Launceston for work. Played 9 at Riverside which I've never played before. 4 over, 15 putts including a chip in for birdie on 9 in front of a few members which was fun.
Course in great nick without any water issues surprisingly. Most holes had slight doglegs with well established trees as its defence. Drove poorly but scrambled well.

Sam Groth a member of the National GC is representing the Liberal party tonight in the electorate of Nepean.
Easy win to Sam.
Golf giving me the shits atm.
Driver best it’s ever been, but rest of my game sucks.
Havent cracked 30 pts in about 8 rounds and hcp is going out at a rate of knots.

Sam Groth a member of the National GC is representing the Liberal party tonight in the electorate of Nepean.

Is he all serve and nothing else with his golf game? (and his political game now too...)

Have been struggling to find much time to get out on the course lately. My local course is still severely impacted by the wet weather we've had in recent months. It's open but it it's not a lot of fun walking around it with it being still so wet. I've also been working a lot of Saturday's recently which is when I'd usually play 18 holes of comp so haven't gotten many card in lately.

Joined Perth Golf Network a month or so ago and am really enjoying the move. They run a handful comps every day of the week, unlike Future golf which is once a week. I like being able to play the same course on a particular day- played Maylands Peninsula on a Sunday morning a couple of times so far - company has been good but still yet to break 30 points 🤪

Is there something similar in the other cities?

And does Future Golf offer more than one weekly comp in other states? I feel it’s pretty limited here - many of the weekly FG comps are on 9 hole courses

Remove this Banner Ad

Back