80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
The national Moonah off the tournament tees. Wow. Thought I would die. But wasn’t that bad. Sure stroke wise in the 90s which wasn’t good overall but I felt ok. Hit most fairways so that was unexpected. But lost form hard on the par 5 12th when I played stupid and instead of hitting another layup went for glory uphill into the wind and sprayed it into the trees. Bye bye.
Mentally took me out of the 13th too. And that was game.

4 ball match play. 1 down on 16, spanked drive, 5I to green fringe, 20ft from hole…choked. Left first putt 6ft short…curling left to right lipped out to halve the hole. Halved #17, spanked drive on #18, needing birdie to win pulled 6I left of green. Partner had a shot but made 5 (net 4) to halve, and we lose again.
Board event, KH Trophy. Very flat but at least we were competitive.

Watched the boys play the National Tournament today. Just on another level.
I heard that it played short for these guys.

A guy I know apparently hit 8 iron second shot into the 2nd, 4 iron second into the 12th, 6 iron second into the 15th. All par 5s.

12 and 15 I recall are pretty long par 5s. Shows how far the ball is going.

I heard that it played short for these guys.

A guy I know apparently hit 8 iron second shot into the 2nd, 4 iron second into the 12th, 6 iron second into the 15th. All par 5s.

12 and 15 I recall are pretty long par 5s. Shows how far the ball is going.

Yesterday 2 was downwind. Really getable.
12 into the wind. Did your friend hit 12 in 2?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But they’re struggling to reach 18 in 2 according to the commentary I heard today.
its windy today as well. well usual stuff. from the tips the hole is long and of the few groups i walked with today, probably half reached it in reg

28 points, 95 off the stick at Marangaroo yesterday. Driver is just wrecking my game at this point with no sign of improvement. I can hit it well on the range but the course feels like a different game.

Not sure where to go with it. I just feel I’m too unco to get any consistency and improve it further. It’s not happening. Maybe I’ll try a shorter shaft. All I want is to hit fairways. I know distance matters and all but I was topping some yesterday and even when it rolled 140m but straight I still gave myself a chance to make a bogey and even a couple of pars - which I’ll take any day.

Last edited:
28 points, 95 off the stick at Marangaroo yesterday. Driver is just wrecking my game at this point with no sign of improvement. I can hit it well on the range but the course feels like a different game.

Not sure where to go with it. I just feel I’m too unco to get any consistency and improve it further. It’s not happening. Maybe I’ll try a shorter shaft. All I want is to hit fairways. I know distance matters and all but I was topping some yesterday and even when it rolled 140m but straight I still gave myself a chance to make a bogey and even a couple of pars - which I’ll take any day.

I’m there too mate. It’s soul destroying at times. Hitting fairways off the tee puts you in the game, not hitting fairways and you’re playing catch up the whole time.
Stick with it.
Try slowing down the backswing but still ensure you fully turn. And don’t try and smash it. Your turn and weight shift will generate the power, not your arms and hands. Good luck.

I’m there too mate. It’s soul destroying at times. Hitting fairways off the tee puts you in the game, not hitting fairways and you’re playing catch up the whole time.
Stick with it.
Try slowing down the backswing but still ensure you fully turn. And don’t try and smash it. Your turn and weight shift will generate the power, not your arms and hands. Good luck.
To both of you above, start using your 3 wood off the tee. Makes a huge difference without sacrificing much length. Save driver for the holes where you won’t get punished to much if you hit a poor shot. I birdied a par 5 today hitting a 3 wood off the tee.
And to today…..beautiful conditions, 37 pts, no wipes and only 2 dbles……very satisfying round.

To both of you above, start using your 3 wood off the tee. Makes a huge difference without sacrificing much length. Save driver for the holes where you won’t get punished to much if you hit a poor shot. I birdied a par 5 today hitting a 3 wood off the tee.
And to today…..beautiful conditions, 37 pts, no wipes and only 2 dbles……very satisfying round.

If my 3w was more reliable I’d use it. Unfortunately the same swing issues/mental fragility exist with any wood.

Been there, tried that unfortunately. Used my 3 wood for a good 12 months almost exclusively. Made no difference to scoring - in fact I score a little better with the driver (track all my rounds on Shotscope). I hit my 3 wood pretty well but can still easily be hitting from behind a tree 50m further from the hole than if I used driver, and in the breeze it just sits up there.

Have tried the same approach using clubs like hybrids and a 4 iron off the tee. End of the day all these clubs have a much smaller face.

With driver it’s always been all or bust for me at the moment. Good days I’m mixing lots of 3 pointers amongst the wipes. Bad days it’s just lots of wipes 🫠.

Overall I simply just suck ass. Would just like to spend less time looking for my ball in the trees. That is all. 🤪

In a decent vein of form atm....i know it won't last
Nett 70 (eqv 38 pts) in the Tombstones (Black tee) comp this morning.
Currently sitting 2nd, which could nett me a new pair of golf shoes or Drummond voucher, although being such as nice day i may drop down the leaderboard a bit.
Thats 2 rounds in a row now with no wipes, although today was stroke, my highest score on any hole was a 6.

Was just out practicing on the course this arvo, 18 drivable par 4 but i missed right and short-sighted myself. Get to my ball and pro is setting up a drill on the green for a group of students he's about to give a lesson to. I'm left with a nasty shot over a bunker barely any green to work with and it's all sloping away from me. I courageously go for the flop shot in front of the students getting ready for their lesson, comes out beautifully and drops in the hole for eagle.

Probably as close as i'll get to feeling like a tour pro playing in front of a crowd haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back