CLUB NAME: Happy Valley Football Club

LOGO/EMBLEM: Vikings. Standard V type jumper, black base gold V

LEAGUE: Southern Football League

THEME SONG: I want to be a Valley Viking

FOUNDED: 1951

BIGGEST RIVAL: Flagstaff Hill Football Club

LAST FLAG: 1999 is the last one I can find

PLACING LAST YEAR:

MOST FAMOUS PLAYER: I thought Nathan Eagleton had - I played Tennis with him and his brothers at the courts next to the oval, and they all lived just around the corner from me, a 2 minute walk from the club - but according to the internet, he played at Flagstaff Hill.

But then, don't believe everything you read on the internet - read the club profiles in this link for example

FONDEST OFF FIELD MEMORY:

EVER PLAY FOR THE CLUB?: No

IF SO, MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT:

DESCRIBE YOUR CLUB IN THREE WORDS: Down the road.

CLUB NAME: SHOCS

LOGO/EMBLEM: Sacred Heart Emblem

LEAGUE: Amateur League Div 1

THEME SONG: to the carlton theme

FOUNDED: 1968

BIGGEST RIVAL: PHOS/Edwardstwon/Rostrevor

LAST FLAG: unsure

PLACING LAST YEAR: 2nd in Div 2

MOST FAMOUS PLAYER: to many to list.

FONDEST OFF FIELD MEMORY: back to school nights at the BMH

EVER PLAY FOR THE CLUB?: About to return and am excited by it.

IF SO, MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT: Watching the lads knock of towns and phos last year, especially a magical goal from Cail Harris in extra time for a victory.

DESCRIBE YOUR CLUB IN THREE WORDS: never say die

CLUB NAME: Kapunda Football Club

LOGO/EMBLEM: The Bomber

LEAGUE: Barossa Light & Gawler

THEME SONG: A bomber for me (like the old glenelg song)

FOUNDED: 1858 i think

BIGGEST RIVAL: Freeling & Angaston I would think

LAST FLAG: 2004

PLACING LAST YEAR: 4th

MOST FAMOUS PLAYER: Jack Dermody, Buckets MacKenzie, Jonathan Giles, Danny Schell (as a junior anyway)

FONDEST OFF FIELD MEMORY: Pie nights

EVER PLAY FOR THE CLUB?: Played in an U15 premiership with them

IF SO, MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT: Kicking my first goal for them in a 20 goal flogging of Nuriootpa. i marked the ball on the behind line, so my angle was very acute. Went back and drilled it. The angle would have been 80-85 degrees.

DESCRIBE YOUR CLUB IN THREE WORDS: Bomber for life!

CLUB NAME: Gawler Central Football Club

LOGO/EMBLEM: Tiger, yellow and black

LEAGUE: Barossa Light and Gawler Football Association

THEME SONG: Doesnt have a name, but is 100% original

FOUNDED: Mid/late 1800's

BIGGEST RIVAL: Gawler South

LAST FLAG: 2001

PLACING LAST YEAR: 3rd

MOST FAMOUS PLAYER: Darren Lehmann / Brad Symes / Matthew Slade

FONDEST OFF FIELD MEMORY: Grand Final night 2001

EVER PLAY FOR THE CLUB?: Yehh since 1998

IF SO, MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT: 2002 U17 Grand Final. 4 goals down with 10 minutes to go, the trophy had been brought out with the other teams coloured streamers. Alan Obst (other team) lines up for goal to put them 5 goals in front, tries to dodge past the guy on the mark (me:D) gets caught holding the ball and we kick the next 5 in a row :D

DESCRIBE YOUR CLUB IN THREE WORDS: Family, Proud, Successful

CLUB NAME: Gumeracha Football Club

LOGO/EMBLEM: Magpies - Black with a white "V"

LEAGUE: Hills Football League

THEME SONG: Cheer Cheer the Black & the White (sadly)

FOUNDED: 1880's

BIGGEST RIVAL: Kersbrook and Torrens Valley, although given our recent predicament "folding" is our biggest rival

LAST FLAG: 1984

PLACING LAST YEAR: 9th

MOST FAMOUS PLAYER: Currently, a new recruit Quentin Graham.... other than that Ian "Scruff" Hanna

FONDEST OFF FIELD MEMORY: Various karaoke nights and junior Granny wins..... although last years first win in 18 months comes close......

EVER PLAY FOR THE CLUB?: Yup

IF SO, MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT: Kicking 3 goals in the last qtr of a junior prelim final whilst tagging Darren Pfeiffer. It also doubled as my last game due to ongoing dangers due to head trauma, and as you may guess by my user name im not big enough to protect myself !!!

DESCRIBE YOUR CLUB IN THREE WORDS: Struggle, determination, redemption.

BTW this is a top thread, top marks KC, even if you are from hahndorf :p

MOST FAMOUS PLAYER: I thought Nathan Eagleton had - I played Tennis with him and his brothers at the courts next to the oval, and they all lived just around the corner from me, a 2 minute walk from the club - but according to the internet, he played at Flagstaff Hill.

I double checked, Nathan Eagleton most definitely played for Happy Valley as a youngster, and was in the South Adelaide development squads before the zone changes shifted us - and him - into the U16 or 17's at West Adelaide. Drafted from there by the Bulldogs.

I double checked, Nathan Eagleton most definitely played for Happy Valley as a youngster, and was in the South Adelaide development squads before the zone changes shifted us - and him - into the U16 or 17's at West Adelaide. Drafted from there by the Bulldogs.
You could name a few, Ben Rutten, Beau Waters, Matt Rogers ex Richmond player, Porps even played out there as a junior.

CLUB NAME: Gawler Central Football Club

LOGO/EMBLEM: Tiger, yellow and black

LEAGUE: Barossa Light and Gawler Football Association

THEME SONG: Doesnt have a name, but is 100% original

FOUNDED: Mid/late 1800's

BIGGEST RIVAL: Gawler South

LAST FLAG: 2001

PLACING LAST YEAR: 3rd

MOST FAMOUS PLAYER: Darren Lehmann / Brad Symes / Matthew Slade

FONDEST OFF FIELD MEMORY: Grand Final night 2001

EVER PLAY FOR THE CLUB?: Yehh since 1998

IF SO, MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT: 2002 U17 Grand Final. 4 goals down with 10 minutes to go, the trophy had been brought out with the other teams coloured streamers. Alan Obst (other team) lines up for goal to put them 5 goals in front, tries to dodge past the guy on the mark (me:D) gets caught holding the ball and we kick the next 5 in a row :D

DESCRIBE YOUR CLUB IN THREE WORDS: Family, Proud, Successful

My cousin plays for Gawler Centrals! I only found out last year that he's a bloody good footballer, so you might know who he is, but he hasn't been playing for them for that long...

Ill just do my favourite of the clubs I played for, I dont know what my local club is. Besides Norwood

CLUB NAME: Pennant Hills Football Club

LOGO/EMBLEM: Demon

LEAGUE: Sydney Football League

THEME SONG: Its a grand ol' flag

FOUNDED: dont know I beleive the 1950s

BIGGEST RIVAL: East Coast eagles

LAST FLAG: 2008 (2nd biggest thumping in SFL Grand final history)

PLACING LAST YEAR: 1st after H&A and finals

MOST FAMOUS PLAYER: um. about 3 current senior AFL Players, Keiran Jack is a defenant plus the McVeighs I beleive. Plus Ediriwickrama and Reed as rookies now

EVER PLAY FOR THE CLUB?: Yes

IF SO, MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT: Best afield in the final game of the year to send us into the finals

DESCRIBE YOUR CLUB IN THREE WORDS: "Proud, Old & Winners"

CLUB NAME: Kybybolite [Kyby] Football Club

LOGO/EMBLEM: Tiger

LEAGUE: Knowree Naracoorte Tatiara Football League

THEME SONG: Dunno

FOUNDED: 2006 was centenary [I think]

BIGGEST RIVAL: Naracoorte

LAST FLAG: Like in the 70s

PLACING LAST YEAR: like 6th

MOST FAMOUS PLAYER: Ray Whittikar [spelling?] Played PA magpies I think

EVER PLAY FOR THE CLUB?: Not Yet

DESCRIBE YOUR CLUB IN THREE WORDS: Needs good glory

CLUB NAME: Ports

LOGO/EMBLEM: Bulldog

LEAGUE: Spencer Gulf Football League

THEME SONG: Swans with green and white

FOUNDED: 2009 is the centenary year

BIGGEST RIVAL: Solomtown Football Club

LAST FLAG: Last year

PLACING LAST YEAR: 1st

MOST FAMOUS PLAYER: Lewis Johnston, that's all I can think of.

EVER PLAY FOR THE CLUB?: Yes

DESCRIBE YOUR CLUB IN THREE WORDS: Determined, Disciplined, Hungry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CLUB NAME: Marion

LOGO/EMBLEM: Ram

LEAGUE: Southern Football league

THEME SONG: Dunno its offical name

FOUNDED: 1891 according to our website

BIGGEST RIVAL: Prob Morphie parks or Happy Valley for some GF defeats

LAST FLAG: 2000

PLACING LAST YEAR: 9th for A grade i think

MOST FAMOUS PLAYER: Think Scott Welsh played juniors or something

EVER PLAY FOR THE CLUB?: not well

DESCRIBE YOUR CLUB IN THREE WORDS: awesome, green, gold

I also would of thought Reynella woul be a bigger rival than Flaggies, flaggies are a bit non these days.

I don't really keep up with the league these days, but back when I did used to watch it Happy Valley and Flagstaff were local rivals so to speak, no one ever really contested the dominance of Reynella as I recall.

Is Gumeracha really close to folding? :confused:

Well this year things are looking up for us, weve got a committed coach and a few very capable imports, as I mentioned Quinton Graham is one of them. What I will say is that should this year not go so well, like the last few we could be in real strife.

BRG is right, most other clubs WOULDVE folded years ago but still the heart beats. I was also a bit sad when Milang pulled the pin, not just because we actually used to beat them :p, but because they were a good friendly bunch, and it was a nice place to play.

Oh and Symesy, his first name wouldnt be Kim would it ?? He played cricket up here a couple years back.

Speaking of the SFL, seems as if a scallywag or two has been through the Wiki page with somewhat amusing results...

Hahaha that was a great read. Apparently we like to hold horse races and play in the sand, occasionally playing football. Oh and we have pokies but dont make any money. Tell that to our new changerooms

RIP Milang FC

Your shittyness will never be matched, except for maybe Maccisfield or Callington.

Both of whom beat us last year........ Mind you we did beat them too lol.

RIP Milang FC

Your shittyness will never be matched, except for maybe Maccisfield or Callington.

Bridgewater?:D

Will go my South Australian club, although I've only played a couple of C-grade matches when I've had te chance in the past couple of years.

CLUB NAME: Mt. Lofty Devils

LOGO/EMBLEM: Red and White stripes

LEAGUE: Hills Football League

THEME SONG: Not entirely sure what you'd call it, pretty unique though.

FOUNDED: 1978 when several clubs from around the hills merged together

BIGGEST RIVAL: Bridgewater, although we have a pretty big one against the cabbage patchers of Uraidla, mainly due to the fact they've been our only rival in the past 3 years.

LAST FLAG: 2008 (3rd in a row)

PLACING LAST YEAR: 1st in the A-Grade, Runners-Up in the B-grade (Going for their 4th in a row)

MOST FAMOUS PLAYER: Not really sure, no major ones.

FONDEST OFF FIELD MEMORY: Gettin smashed watching the A-Grade pump another hapless opponent/headin back to the club afterwards

EVER PLAY FOR THE CLUB?: Yep

IF SO, MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT: Dominating out of the back pocket in one of my first matches for the club. Andy Mcleod Mark II:D

DESCRIBE YOUR CLUB IN THREE WORDS: Back-Back-Back :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back