Opinion Your lowest point as an Eagles supporter?

Lowest point?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

2008 for me.

All the pain of 2007 was still raw - Judd leaving, Mainy's death, Cuz's issues and all the other off-field stuff. Then we were total garbage on it and it didn't look like we would get better any time soon - guys like Jamie McNamara, Tim Houlihan and Ryan Davis all played 8+ games each despite never projecting as decent AFL players.

At least in 2009 we had a good run towards the end and in 2010 there was a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

2007. As an eleven year old kid it’s only through reflection now that all that s**t really put me off AFL for a good while. That media footage of Ben getting out of the car is all I can remember, and it made me feel embarrassed to go for West Coast. All my idols as a kid were junkies that ruined a sport I loved.

I don’t think I properly followed the club or cared about footy until 2011. I’d watch the odd game but I never cared where west coast was. We were the bad seed and I could care less growing up.

I haven’t missed a season since 2011 when we came from the clouds, and this year the club feels likes gotten its mojo back. Feels like a club and not a $$$$$ business.

Performance perspective - probably 2001, with late 2013 and 2008 in the placings. 2001 was borderline Melbourne 2003, no system and no quality except for Cousins.

In general, September - October 2007 was about as low as a club can get.

2007. As an eleven year old kid it’s only through reflection now that all that s**t really put me off AFL for a good while. That media footage of Ben getting out of the car is all I can remember, and it made me feel embarrassed to go for West Coast. All my idols as a kid were junkies that ruined a sport I loved.
Good post, I was a similar age and I had very similar sentiments. The lack of care for footy because of the lack of performance and abundance of scandal for my team is probably why I gave up playing a couple of years later despite still going ok too.

I'm not sure about lowest point. The most bitter I've felt was straight sets in 2007, injuries galore, Judd leaving.

Another low point for me was losing to Brisbane at home in 2010 to all but confirm we had won the spoon.
Urgh the push in the back that would normally get called 9 times out of 10 by Brown. Thought the umps look after us? But the free kick count derp!

Lucky we haven't had too many s**t moments like that since.

Low point? When Fremantle entered the competition and we went from the strength of an entire state kicking against the pricks to a fragmented supporter base with some bandwagon campaigners hoping to catch the next glory, and still waiting.

It's always hilarious asking a Freo supporter who they supported before they entered the comp. Gives you a good idea how fickle they are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's always hilarious asking a Freo supporter who they supported before they entered the comp. Gives you a good idea how fickle they are.
Don't they just say they've always hated us and just waited for a "good" team to come along? lol

2007 for me everything went wrong from Judd doing his groin after starting like a house on fire (still to this day the best stretch of form ive seen from a player), Kerrs finger injury after a small resurgence mid to late season, the bumbers going ham and costing us 2nd and lastly cuz injury. The gods well and truly forsaken us that year

As a footy i have only cried 3 times 05 GF was the first (was 11 at the time).
07 was a pure s**t show that started with Cousins and the drug saga, then had players dropping out via injuries and then this loss.

I was totally wrecked after this game and it was the first time i realised that the side was never going to be the same again.
Then Judd left a couple weeks after and i was in tears again.

That in itself is not bad imo. If they were from the Freo area or were born or came here after 1995 it's forgivable.

However, those that supported us and then sank the boots in when 2007 came along really are the dregs.

Yeah 05 was tough, having watched 92 and 94 as a primary school kid you just don't quite appreciate how tough GFs are to make, let alone win. Seeing all the s**t about the swans for the week after sucked!!

2000-2002 was probably my lowest point though as far as caring. Was in year 10 in 2000 and in those years it was all about parties and all the fun and games that come with the last few years of high school. Probably a good time to have little interest in footy with us being so s**t.

Urgh the push in the back that would normally get called 9 times out of 10 by Brown. Thought the umps look after us? But the free kick count derp!

Lucky we haven't had too many s**t moments like that since.
On that Brown vs Brown contest, it's made to look worse than it really is because Mitch was a such a weak prick.

2005 grand final after final siren and 2-3 days following.

Was just devastated as it was the first time I saw WC make a grand final when I wasn't really young
I wasn’t too upset with 2005 at the time because it was an epic game and I knew we’d be back up there again the next year. Looking back it’s more of a shame that we didn’t win more than one flag.

2015 was far more painful

2000-2002 was probably my lowest point though as far as caring. Was in year 10 in 2000 and in those years it was all about parties and all the fun and games that come with the last few years of high school. Probably a good time to have little interest in footy with us being so s**t.
Exactly the same for me except I got back into it in 2002. I think 2001 was the year I probably didn’t watch many games at all - was too busy getting drunk in Year 10-11.

As a footy i have only cried 3 times 05 GF was the first (was 11 at the time).
07 was a pure s**t show that started with Cousins and the drug saga, then had players dropping out via injuries and then this loss.

I was totally wrecked after this game and it was the first time i realised that the side was never going to be the same again.
Then Judd left a couple weeks after and i was in tears again.

AFL has made you cry? how interesting. I'm just trying to think if there's ever been time I've cried over footy.. don't think so

Back