Opinion Your lowest point as an Eagles supporter?

Lowest point?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Didnt realise we had so many young bucks here.

It wouldn't surprise me if half of this board were born after our first premiership.

Just think - they never lived through our glory days but still chose us anyway over the purples. They obviously were raised properly.

It wouldn't surprise me if half of this board were born after our first premiership.

Just think - they never lived through our glory days but still chose us anyway over the purples. They obviously were raised properly.
I was born after our first two premierships to a family consisting of entirely Essendon and Freo supporters.

Clearly I am the only sane one.

I was born after our first two premierships to a family consisting of entirely Essendon and Freo supporters.

Clearly I am the only sane one.

giphy.gif

I was overseas in 07, so was a bit far removed from that period. but I remember the '98 final against the Bulldogs at the G was a really bad moment. That was when Woosha wanted to play with his dodgy knee in his last year, and Malthouse said no. Woosha was filthy, and we got thumped by like 63 points.

It was a grey day in Melbourne. it felt like the definite end of that 90's era, was real doom and gloom.

Personally, it might have been when I think Barcelona won the Champions League title in 2011. It was a 4:45am kick-off in Melbourne. Me and my mate did an all-nighter to celebrate, went to Revolver, then to the Royal Hotel (awesome skimpy pub in Richmond), then straight to the G to see us play Collingwood. It was a cold May day, we got flogged, and I fell asleep in the second quarter. Not one for the highlight reel

We were touted by East Coast media as premiership contenders after finishing as Preliminary Finalists and Semi Finalists in 2011 and 2012 but age caught up with our veterans.

After a slow start to the season including a 48 point loss to eventual premiers Hawthorn and kicking 7.23 against Carlton in Round 4 of that year, we finished 13th after 3 heavy losses in the final three games of the Woosha era. A great era ends with a whimper instead of what it deserves.

Only highlight of that season was Nic's goal after the siren.

Last edited:
I Hate it currently where we are on top yet are looking at losing some of our best players to the mighty dollar just when we are on the cusp of greatness!

That game against Essendon in 2014. I only saw the last quarter and I recall it being gut wrenching to watch, especially since it ended up costing us a spot in the finals.

Those 4th quarters against St. Kilda, Melbourne, Gold Coast and Collingwood last year were pretty bad too. In the grand scheme of things though, they led to that epic win against Port in the first week of the finals and the do or die Subiaco farewell victory that angered all the Melbourne sentimentalists, so all that pain in 2017 was technically worth it.
I was there with a bunch of my mates who were Essendon supporters... What an awful night. I think I was angry for the following week.

It shits me because its even under contemplation!!If it does'nt happen then thats the future and ill be happy!..mmmm nah!! ill never be happy!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Frase wasn't brought in to replace an injured JD yesterday
Pretty much a statement from the eags that hes nothing but depth for the depth.

Interesting that teams used to give guys games to get trade currency for them. Do you guys think maybe its gone another way where they dont give games so we dont lose them as we want the depth?

Round 6 2014
We lost to Carlton by 3 points after scoring 1.8 to 5.1 in the final quarter. That loss really hurt for some reason.
We also scored 14.26 combined in the 2 matches either side of that game which we also lost. 26.43 in the 3 games altogether.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-26/carlton-v-west-coast-match-report
So many Exers in that article:

“Their comeback started when Jeff Garlett kicked a goal at the 14-minute mark. It included a goal by defender Zac Tuohy...and nearly lifted the roof off Etihad Stadium when a Dylan Buckley snap levelled the scores at the 20-minute mark.

Blues substitute Troy Menzel kicked what proved to be the match-winning goal...

...Jarrad Waite provided a strong target in attack”

That whole comeback was driven by players who are no longer there!

2000-2002 was probably my lowest point though as far as caring. Was in year 10 in 2000 and in those years it was all about parties and all the fun and games that come with the last few years of high school. Probably a good time to have little interest in footy with us being so s**t.

Same here except in 2005-07, which is weird in retrospect given how big those years were for the club. I still watched just about every game and rode the emotion of the grand finals but I’d be lying if I said it was a huge deal to me at the time. There’s something about that age I guess. Got massively back into it in 2011 and haven’t missed a game since.

The 2015 GF probably stands out as the one that hurt most. Getting pumped by Geelong in the 2011 prelim after such a godamn awesome win over Carlton the week before also stung

Pretty much a statement from the eags that hes nothing but depth for the depth.

Interesting that teams used to give guys games to get trade currency for them. Do you guys think maybe its gone another way where they dont give games so we dont lose them as we want the depth?

Probably more likely we are keeping him on ice until finals as our wild card. Expect a Tom Boyd like performance before he takes his Norm Smith and fades into oblivion surrounded by tens of Instagram model Perthonalities.

Back