Opinion Your lowest point as an Eagles supporter?

Lowest point?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I originally said the judge years, but every week my facebook memories brings up posts i made in 08-10, usually after we had been routed once again.

"Surely we can't lose against these spuds"
"Time to go watch the Adam Selwood show"
You know the club's in a bad place when you're relying on your best mid Adam Selwood to save the game lol. Those were the days.

That wooden spoon. There is something soul crushing about being the worst team in the league that year and having that stain on you for all eternity.

I didn't follow footy that much in the early 00s (did more in the 90s) and only got back it in 2004. Our form didn't have all that much to do with it (maybe a tiny bit), so 2007-08 was probably the worst. Judd and Cousins leaving, the scandal, just took the heart out of us. In terms of individual moments the 2005 GF was up there, 2015 too. We've played 3 teams in GFs. 2-0 against Geelong, 1-1 against the Swans and 0-2 against Hawthorn. Needless to say beating them in a GF would be all the sweeter. When that chance will come again I don't know. It could be never.

Yeah was rough. We were 2 kicks up and then Braun(?) hit the post. The extreme elation while that kick was in the air and I could taste the flag and then the thud into the post and succumbing over the next 10 minutes with one last heart flutter killed by Leo Barry.

Banfield.
Free kick Sampi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure tonight counts as a real low point. Probably not even the worst game I've ever attended.

(It's probably a close second though).

Pfft 2008 without question - there were serious calls from media hacks to wind up the club ffs.

Just awful, all the crap off-field and losing what should have been a dynasty on-field at the same time.

Watching Gibbs get over 40 possessions as a back pocket against us in 2010 and realising that there will be no escape from finishing last.

Seeing the fixture in 1989 with consecutive games Princes Park, Princes Park, North Hobart (two mudpit grounds) at the height of winter - we were always going to get massively flogged going into that match, was terrible to watch it though.

Spare a thought for my mate, he’s been a life eagles member but this year due to a holiday and other commitments has only managed to attend the new stadium 4 times. Rd 1 verse Sydney loss , last night vs Essendon loss, the other two times at the venue were for cricket matches both losses.
Lol he makes 2 eagles home games for 2 losses the year they’ve won ten games in a row.
Ouch.

Spare a thought for my mate, he’s been a life eagles member but this year due to a holiday and other commitments has only managed to attend the new stadium 4 times. Rd 1 verse Sydney loss , last night vs Essendon loss, the other two times at the venue were for cricket matches both losses.
Lol he makes 2 eagles home games for 2 losses the year they’ve won ten games in a row.
Ouch.
Tell your mate to stay home next time. :)

Last three games of the season under Worsfold's coaching. He had lost the players and we had deadset given up.

2001 was quite a dark period.,

but the 2005 gf brought me to tears my hate for sydney skyrocketed and the media as well

2007 from the loss to port to collingwood wins to mainwairings death really crushed me

2008 to 2010 was horrid the 130 point loss to geelong was *en disgusting

2013. it was at this point i began to really hate where the club was going with protecting worsfold and his regime. his resignation was a sigh of relief.

2015 gf. *en hollow feeling

2016 elimination final i was a grump for a week.

and the essendon game a few days ago. * i hadnt been that angry from a game in years

Back