Opinion Your lowest point as an Eagles supporter?

Lowest point?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
6 months later even post 2018 , I still agree with this . Of course I was stoked on 2006 but the overwhelming feeling was an extreme sense of relief . 2018 , on the other hand was unparalleled exhilaration

2018 Premiers

Totally agreed. 2006 was such a relief after that 2005 heartbreak.

2015 sucked on the day, but it was just a bad day and I was over it quick. 2005 stuck with me an entire year. Would have been awful to go down twice in a row.

2018 was just unbelievably surreal. Still have to pinch myself sometimes.

mick06

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United; San D uh LA Chargers
2008 was my lowest point. That is the only season that i recall constantly switching the tv off because we were that trash and it wasnt worth my time. The fact we came off a top 4 finish made it hurt more.
2009 and 2010 expectations were more realistic so i was accepting

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Woosha was one of my idols growing up. To rationalise as an adult that his time was done and to see the players stop playing for him had me very down. I watched every game in 2010 and was very vocal about us being a much better side than the ladder suggested and predicted we would finish top 8 in 2011 and potentially even top 4 so to see it all fall to pieces a couple of years later was tough.

Waters going down with injury (2012 finals) and the subsequent derailment of his career from that point onwards i also found tough to take. The way he played footy, his courage to stand up no matter the consequences and bounce back up from hits that would have left others leaving the ground on a stretcher embodied so many parts of how I live my life and the struggles that I have had that seeing him unable to get back after that rocked me in that seeing and knowing that sometimes pure intent, courage and strength of will just isn't quite enough.

Tom_Thumb

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
1989 Round 15 versus Essendon, then not long after that come 1991 which was probably our best home and away season. Supporting West Coast is a bit like the weather, hang in there because pretty soon there will be sunshine.

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
Lowest point during recent times was the 2016 EF. Coming off a GF loss, we were expected to go one better. Instead we played our worst home Finals game in recent memory going down to the eventual premiers by 47 points.

Nic Nat doing his first ACL was also a low point as well as his injury in Round 15 last year causing him to miss the 2018 premiership.

But my lowest point as an Eagles fan was 2008. After losing Judd and Cousins, we slumped a 4-18 season and finished 2nd last in a then 16 team competition. The 135 point loss to Geelong in Round 13 showed us how far we dropped off.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Lowest point during recent times was the 2016 EF. Coming off a GF loss, we were expected to go one better. Instead we played our worst home Finals game in recent memory going down to the eventual premiers by 47 points.

Nic Nat doing his first ACL was also a low point as well as his injury in Rounsd 15 last year causing him to miss the 2018 premiership.

But my lowest point as an Eagles fan was 2008. After losing Judd and Cousins, we slumped a 4-18 season and finished 2nd last in a then 16 team competition. The 135 point loss to Geelong in Round 13 showed us how far we dropped off.

He's eating a sandwich!

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
2005 was hard to take. I hardly spoke until the 2006 season kicked off :$ 2015 was easier to take. Maybe because I'm older, maybe because it felt like we were there too early.

In 2010 I had to endure arrogant Freo flogs waving wooden spoons in my face. I told them we'd win our 4th flag before they won their first :moustache: As always, this beautiful club proved me right :thumbsu:

Late 2013 I was angry more than anything. Woosha deserved better.

Our lowest points would be the envy of most clubs :moustache:

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
The day one of my boys had the greatest spak attack of all time, he must of been 4 or 5, we were at the city end behind the goals when it was still grass, it just went on for an hour or so until the game started, it must of annoyed the s**t out of the people around us. It was the first home game against Essendon after the Sheedy jacket wave and we won so it ended alright but murder was on my mind for a while.

Oct 3, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd, Perth Glory.
2000, 2001 were tough. First time our team failed in the comp that I experienced. The 2008-2010 period though was our lowest point for obvious reasons. Worsfold's naivety over the whole Cousins saga and his lack of coaching abillity/list choices really were a lethal combination. Thankfully a decade on we reached the top again and that is just a distant memory.

caspian

Team Captain
Jan 6, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Both '05 and '15 were kinda horrible in different ways. '05, stuck up north on a particularly hot day a few days after my first long term woman left. '15, a bestial hangover, cleaning the vomit out of my car while I saw the eagles get smashed. Hard to separate the two!

But yknow I'd almost say losing to Cwood in the '07 semis. Really felt like everything was coming to an end; I was too young to really remember 92 & 94 so that was hard to take

dajesmac

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Manchester
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Liverpool
It might seem dramatic but I think the Gaff punch may have been the worst I’ve ever felt after a game of football

Hard to go past 2007 and then perhaps 2001 being the lowest points of this clubs history.

On the plus side, even after the emotion has faded a bit, I still think this was our best flag.

Straight sets , Judd left and Mainy died :’(
I said this in June and stand by it . Easily my lowest point as an Eagles fan - yes worse than the on-field slump which followed in 2008/10 :(

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Seeing Nathan Buckley's sad face on camera as the siren sounds watching the replay when I got back from the game that evening. the heck where was Simmo!!!!!!!
That shot still annoys me. Instead of feeling only euphoria at the win, I felt a bit sorry for him as well.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Just the entire 2007-2010 period really. Losing Judd and Cousins, losing Mainy, winning a spoon, losing 7 Derby's on the trot. They were hard times but I'm glad I stuck by the club, watching the club grow and work towards this flag has made it all worth it.

I vividly remember watching the Round 19 game against the Dogs at Etihad in 2009, we won by 5 points and it was our first win away from Perth since Round 21, 2007. Almost 2 full years without an away win, you bet your bottom dollar I cried tears of joy that day.

caspian

Team Captain
Jan 6, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
like how good is 06 when the assistants jump on woosha and he finally shows a smile for the first time in 12 years...... and we get robbed of that with Simmo
There is footage around, I think the official FB page put it up, of Simmo's reaction.

It's pretty similar to '06 from what I recall, everyone else jumping around like crazy except for the coach

Natho

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
The drug saga wasnt great and mainy passing was horrible. Yes we were a good team on the field but it never sat right with me all the other noise. When it all came crumbling down it was tough. That night in 08 against Geelong still hurts. We had litterally no soul. It wasn't pretty.

Up until Simpson came it just never felt quite right. Obviously we lost in 15. Then 16 and 17 were pretty ordinary years. It felt different their was a sense of respect in the group. Not taking anything away from the end result of 2006 but 2018 was the most I've ever enjoyed football. The fact we had no expectations we debut 7 or 8 guys and overcame so much.

Back