Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BombzrBlitz

Debutant
Jun 7, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
The mods here just block you or stop threads for no real good reason.. one thread i got no reason. the other thread it was because the mod thought it was "silly"

The forums are not exactly "busy" either, so im not sure why you would stop a thread or stop someone from replying to a thread ? it is not a double, it is relevant... it was relvant enough for the AFL to put a story up... so it is relevant for a thread here is my thinking.

If someone is being abusive, posting crude or racsists stuff.. sure stop them... but stopping a thread because you think it is silly is F@&#$ stupid. people just dont want to post anymore for stupid censorship like that.

completelty agree.. this is like a nazi board. you write something the mods dont agree with they ban you... you write something that may offend a moderator.. they ban you... no freedom of speech.. and im not talking about racism/discrimating/offending posts. im just talking about general footy talk.

ill probably get banned for this post now

As a mod, let me entertain a few thoughts....

1. People new to a forum still have to put in the work, start off well, make solid contributions, generally get on well with all, show some respect to admin, and grow slowly into the forum. Becoming a regular. Over time, earning the ability to "get away" with comments/threads that perhaps you couldn't as a newbie. It's not like one is granted a free pass simply by registering. You still should understand that basic dynamic that also exists in real life....where you are a new person to a social clique, a group of friends, and you have to slowly but surely warm your way into it, earn their trust, etc.

2. Censorship of opinion is something I don't like. Many forums/sites around the world are impossible to visit due to so much censorship, bans, infractions, etc, just for posting unconventional or minority thoughts. In the boards I mod here, I try to be as free as possible. My boards tend to run smoother as everyone enjoys the "freedom" and keeps it a good place for all.

3. However, not all boards or forums can be like this. Some places are just too complex, so many different reasons/factors going on, that they become overly argumentative, overly tense, overly aggressive....so many problems....and they really do need heavy-handed moderation to ensure a more civil place for all. And it's definitely not easy trying to mod such troublesome boards. Posters should try to appreciate moderators more, appreciate what they must have to deal with constantly. Put yourself in their shoes, when reading thru a board, and pretend YOU have to mod that board, try to keep everyone civil etc.

So....it's always useful as a new person, to get a feel for the place overall, but also the different boards within it....all run by different mods, all run with different levels of moderation, and all with very different natural dynamics -- some are easy-going, some are aggressive, places -- and kind of fitting in to each board's style. In the more tense boards, being more cool, holding back. In the more relaxed boards, letting your hair out more. Be mindful of your environment before you just dive into it.

original.jpg

Whilst the topic is up I'd like to know why the main board allows posts like 'plastic club, plastic fans, afl manufactured, blah, blah, blah' type stuff on a weekly basis yet it is clearly in the forum rules to only use 'nice' team nicknames. I also note that there is infractions in place for incorrectly using the term COLA on the main board. Seriously what is the difference between the examples i used above and the rules i have quoted? There is number of us getting constantly banned for defending our club against comments like this yet for some reason the offending posts are left up.

The mods here just block you or stop threads for no real good reason.. one thread i got no reason. the other thread it was because the mod thought it was "silly"

The forums are not exactly "busy" either, so im not sure why you would stop a thread or stop someone from replying to a thread ? it is not a double, it is relevant... it was relvant enough for the AFL to put a story up... so it is relevant for a thread here is my thinking.

If someone is being abusive, posting crude or racsists stuff.. sure stop them... but stopping a thread because you think it is silly is F@&#$ stupid. people just dont want to post anymore for stupid censorship like that.
Up to 28,000 posts in any given day.

They are pretty busy.

If a thread has been done to death, is likely to just cause a fight and so on, it can be removed by mods.

If you have a specific issue, please contact Admin via this link, as per the site rules:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/misc/contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back