gytre

Premiership Player
Apr 14, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
C'mont/L'pool/Packers/Inter/Canucks
Yep, this needs a thread of its own. Wow, there's been some shockers hasn't there? :D I think The Ultimate Fighter series has given us a real look at the personailities of some fighters as well as going by what we see of them in the ring.

Some that definitely come to mind for me: Chris Leben, Ed Herman, Matt Hughes, Matt Serra, C.B. Dolloway, Tito Ortiz, Ken Shamrock, Quentin "Rampage" Jackson, Mac Danzig, Junie Browning, Kendall Grove, Joe Stevenson, Joe Lauzon, Jon Koppenhaver, Jesse Taylor, DaMarques Johnson.

I reckon a few of the above need a good kick up the arse. :D

So who's your least favourite fighters? Vent your spleen here!

The Diaz brothers are the kings for my hatred. A lot of the TUF guys you've mentioned (Danzig, Junie, DeMarques, Jesse Taylor, CB Dollaway) haven't done anything in the sport so I they don't bother me as much. You know Jon Koppenhaver aka. War Machine, is doing pr0n now?

But the Diaz brothers, especially Nate AAARRGH!!!

nate-diaz.jpg

diazcomputer_2732.jpg

Brock (the third person) Lesnar. There a many reasons to hate the guy, but I'll stick with the basic one. He's a tool.

Others are Josh Koscheck, Matt Huges, Kendal Grove (Da Spida? give me a break) CB Dollaway, Alistar Overeem (yes really, it stems back to the PRIDE days). These are the dudes I like to see get a beating.

I hated Tim Sylvia and Chuck Liddel for yonks becasue I knew they were over rated (in SYlvias case a complete hack) but since that has been proven I don't really care either way.

Junie Browning, The Diaz boys, Diego Sanchez, Tito, Shamrock etc I spose I should also hate, but really don't care enough about them. In Diego's Nate Diaz's and Tito's case I actually like them when their exact characteristics are what I loathe in those above.

I really don't hate anyone. Some of the guys who have coached TUF and therefore been more exposed, such as Hughes, have annoyed me, but none that I would say I hate.

Forest Griffin shits me to tears simply because he is a brain dead halfwit slack jawed yokel. He was not all there to begin with, but after getting the **** belted out of him for 10 years he is slower than his movie name sake.

Hopefully Tito absolutely brains him this weekend and we can see his patented "retreat of shame" as he runs like a little girl out of the stadium within a minute of being humiliated.

Diaz Bros and Chris Leben are right up there too.

As for Lesnar... he is one of my favourite fighters currently. Absolutely love it when the so called "hardcore" fans spit their dummies and throw their toys out of the cot whenever discussing the great man. All the booing just makes him more determined to develop his skills, which is a scary prospect considering his freakish size, strength and wrestling pedigree.

Forest Griffin shits me to tears simply because he is a brain dead halfwit slack jawed yokel. He was not all there to begin with, but after getting the **** belted out of him for 10 years he is slower than his movie name sake.

Hopefully Tito absolutely brains him this weekend and we can see his patented "retreat of shame" as he runs like a little girl out of the stadium within a minute of being humiliated.

Diaz Bros and Chris Leben are right up there too.

As for Lesnar... he is one of my favourite fighters currently. Absolutely love it when the so called "hardcore" fans spit their dummies and throw their toys out of the cot whenever discussing the great man. All the booing just makes him more determined to develop his skills, which is a scary prospect considering his freakish size, strength and wrestling pedigree.

Screw you likka..... Screw you ;):D

Screw you likka..... Screw you ;):D

:thumbsu:

He's still very raw, but the potential he has is unbelievable. Great wrestling, deadly G&P, good stand up, cinder block hands... can you imagine what he'd be like with some decent BJJ skills?

slideshow_1175710_045706_mma_ufc_100_nvlas202_medium.jpg

:D

The heel rant afterwards at UFC 100 was brilliant, straight out of the WWE handbook... a role I think he honestly enjoys.

Forrest is actually one of the more intelligent and sharpest mma fighters. He's just got a very dry sense of humour and is self deprecating which some people don't understand. There's videos on youtube where he talks about his favourite authors and music. He's got a similar personality and interests to Richo which is why he's probably the most popular figher amongst general mma fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont dislike forrest but i had alot more respect for him before he fought Silva so much for his speech...

"I never said I was that good. But there’s nobody in this sport at 205 you put me in with and I won’t make it a fight. That’s just the way I am. I’m just a dog. I fight. Period. I’m not that technically good. I’m not that great. But I’m gonna fight and I’m in good shape. That’s it. That’s all you need.”

Sharpest? That Silva fight showed what Griffin was all about. That was embarrassingly bad.

Tito was great on TUF. Actually cared about the guys he was teaching unlike some of the other schmucks who couldnt give a toss ie Shamrock.

Nate Diaz, Josh Koscheck and Matt 'How the **** did he win a UFC title' Serra are my most hated. Agree with deej about the TUF fighters he named... add in Mac Danzig and thats a good list.

Tito was great on TUF. Actually cared about the guys he was teaching unlike some of the other schmucks who couldnt give a toss ie Shamrock.
I agree that Tito did a great job coaching on TUF and showed a side to himself that was redeeming. But I just can't like someone who loves himself so much.

in terms of disliking any of the fighters, i really only 'hate' them if it permeates both in and out of the ring. that is, if i don't like or appreciate them as a fighter, and i think they're an absolute w***er outside the ring too.

in those terms it's mark coleman and ken shamrock, never liked them as fighters and i also think of them as w***ers. would have added tito to that list but after seeing him on TUF he actually gained a bit of cred with me, although i still don't enjoy watching his fights. the diaz brothers would be there too but i've enjoyed a few of their fights over the journey.

most of TUF list on previous posts would be on my list too although the 'hatred' doesn't exist as most have never made it anyway.

I don't hate any of them as I have nothing but respect for the toughest men on the planet. In saying that I did enjoy watching Dan Handerson shut Bisping up at UFC 100.

Sharpest? That Silva fight showed what Griffin was all about. That was embarrassingly bad.

Nate Diaz, Josh Koscheck and Matt 'How the **** did he win a UFC title' Serra are my most hated. Agree with deej about the TUF fighters he named... add in Mac Danzig and thats a good list.

Cut Forrest some slack, who's fought Silva that hasn't been embarrassed? Honestly

There's a few douchebags in the UFC, but my least favourite by a fair bit is Matt Hughes. His stints on TUF exposed him for the f*ckwit he is.

Other than that, just the usual suspects. Diego, the Diaz boys, Leben etc. Going against the grain of the thread, I actually don't mind Matt Serra. Thought was alright as a coach on TUF, seemed like an OK bloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back