Opinion Your most important player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacob Weitering

I still think it's Max Gawn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lachlan Murphy.

Bont closely followed by Liam Jones. Crucial at the moment with Keath on the downward spiral and JOD and Busslinger still developing.

Rowan Marshall and Max King.
Id counter with Sinclair and Wilke

We've shown we can survive without Max, Rowan is great but not make or break like the 2 I mention

It's actually a difficult question as far as the Cats.

Our midfield truly struggled when Dangerfield was absent (round 9-12) or injured/unfit (first 3 games, then post bye rib injury), but it had already been choppy minus Guthrie - BnF winner both times this group of players made a grand final. The two disclaimers on that are it's impossible to weigh the loss of Guthrie alone (as we had Selwood retire) and also that Guthrie started the year bizarrely poorly before his injury.

I disagree that it is Hawkins anymore, even though he remains an elite full forward. It was Cameron that carried the side early on and when his form dipped, which then ran into injuries/knocks, this is where Geelong struggled again.

So I'm going to say a two way tie between our 2022 premiership BnF players - Cameron and Guthrie. If both are at their best through 2024 I think the midfield and forward lines will run pretty well.

James Sicily is the most important player to any side in the competition.

When he doesn’t play, we look like a structural mess and struggle to win. It will be the same next season with how poor our key defensive stocks are. If he misses an extended period of time 6+ games, we’re a lock for bottom 3. He’s simply irreplaceable.

Mitch Lewis is also incredibly important but our forward line will be stronger next season than 2023 and our midfield as well which will help the forwards should Lewis miss time, which going by his history is a near certain to happen.

Trying to do my list for all the teams

Adelaide - Dawson
Brisbane - Neale
Carlton - Weitering
Collingwood- Moore
Essendon - Zerrett
Fremantle - Sean Darcy
Geelong - Tom Stewart
Gold Coast -Noah Anderson
GWS - Toby Greene
Hawthorn- Sicily
Melbourne - Petracca
North Melbourne- LDU
Port Adelaide - Connor Rozee
Richmond- Tom Lynch
St Kilda - Jack Steele
Sydney - Errol Gulden
West Coast - Oscar Allen
Western Bulldogs- The Bont

Couple of hard choices, esp for Freo, I nominated Darcy cause he is a very strong ruckman who usually wins his match ups and frees up Jackson to play around the ground (when required, esp in the foward line)

Hawkins. Stewart is our best player by a fair distance but Hawkins is the player the side is built around and has been for 15 years.

The post Hawkins era will be interesting.
Cameron would not be more important than Hawkins...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back