Opinion Your most important player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Id counter with Sinclair and Wilke

We've shown we can survive without Max, Rowan is great but not make or break like the 2 I mention
Disagree. We have cover in the positions that Wilkie and Sinclair play - they might be downgrades but they are at least decent at the level. But if we had to play with Tom Campbell as our ruck for an extended period of time, we'd be in a lot of pain and our midfield wouldn't be good enough to cover it.

Hawkins. Stewart is our best player by a fair distance but Hawkins is the player the side is built around and has been for 15 years.

The post Hawkins era will be interesting.
Surely Cameron is your best player by a very long way. For half the season I thought he was the best player in the league.

James Sicily is the most important player to any side in the competition.

When he doesn’t play, we look like a structural mess and struggle to win. It will be the same next season with how poor our key defensive stocks are. If he misses an extended period of time 6+ games, we’re a lock for bottom 3. He’s simply irreplaceable.

Mitch Lewis is also incredibly important but our forward line will be stronger next season than 2023 and our midfield as well which will help the forwards should Lewis miss time, which going by his history is a near certain to happen.
I agree. I think you got torched most games Sicily didn’t play. When he was on the field, rarely did you have those blowouts and you also won games.

I agree. I think you got torched most games Sicily didn’t play. When he was on the field, rarely did you have those blowouts and you also won games.
It is not a good thing we are so reliant on him and Lewis:(

Sean Darcy
A tough, but quality first ruck who makes the small guys walk taller & just as importantly allows the unicorn to unicorn

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sam Taylor …. Allows the rest of the backline to get better matchups and is the pillar of an improving defense

Trying to do my list for all the teams

Adelaide - Dawson
Brisbane - Neale
Carlton - Weitering
Collingwood- Moore
Essendon - Zerrett
Fremantle - Sean Darcy
Geelong - Tom Stewart
Gold Coast -Noah Anderson
GWS - Toby Greene
Hawthorn- Sicily
Melbourne - Petracca
North Melbourne- LDU
Port Adelaide - Connor Rozee
Richmond- Tom Lynch
St Kilda - Jack Steele
Sydney - Errol Gulden
West Coast - Oscar Allen
Western Bulldogs- The Bont

Couple of hard choices, esp for Freo, I nominated Darcy cause he is a very strong ruckman who usually wins his match ups and frees up Jackson to play around the ground (when required, esp in the foward line)
LDU is massively important for us but I don't think you can go past Larkey. Without him we basically don't have a forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeremy Cameron so important to our structure and team energy.

lots of merrett/ridley nominations, but i'd throw Setterfield out there
biggest mid we have, does majority of blocking and stopping of big mids who dominate us

not our best, but structurally important
Wright after that as well.

Surely Cameron is your best player by a very long way. For half the season I thought he was the best player in the league.

Nope. He had a great few weeks when the entire team played well (the opposition needed to be considered - three of those wins were Hawthorn, West Coast, and Essendon), and as soon as he was talked up as the best player around his form dropped.

He only missed 3 games too.

Nope. He had a great few weeks when the entire team played well (the opposition needed to be considered - three of those wins were Hawthorn, West Coast, and Essendon), and as soon as he was talked up as the best player around his form dropped.

He only missed 3 games too.
Come off it! He went in for shoulder surgery before the season ended and played with the injury until then. That and the concussion impacted on his output.

Come off it! He went in for shoulder surgery before the season ended and played with the injury until then. That and the concussion impacted on his output.

39 goals in 13 games prior to the concussion. 14 goals in 6 after. Small drop but not too big - considering he kicked 7 in his second last game against Collingwood.

Anyway, if you take the field you're fit. No one was claiming he wasn't fit when we were 5-3.

39 goals in 13 games prior to the concussion. 14 goals in 6 after. Small drop but not too big - considering he kicked 7 in his second last game against Collingwood.

Anyway, if you take the field you're fit. No one was claiming he wasn't fit when we were 5-3.
After the Pies loss Scott said about Cameron , “I think Jeremy (was) probably a good example tonight (against Collingwood). We just haven't quite seen him even moving that way for long enough this year" Why do you think that was? He just lost form for no explicable reason? Of course not. He was knocked out cold in the collision with Rohan in June and copped a double whammy, landing heavily on his right shoulder and damaging his AC joint.

Once it was clear the Cats would not play finals he was sent off for surgery.

We've all heard it said if you play your are fit, but everyone knows that is not true.

Surely the leagues most important is Gary Rohan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back