Your Most Lucrative Racehorse

Remove this Banner Ad

Soleil, dead set that ripper horse made me a small fortune first in the christmas stakes where it paid about 25-1 and then on Oaks day 2007 it won the first.

I backed it outright and then got the running double a few times but the big collect was taking it in a parlay, it to win and then message bank to place later in the day.

I was working in a TAB that day (put my bets on the night before) and to say i made a bit of noise when Soleil went across at 15-1 and then Message bank nabbed a place at around 10-1 would be an understatement.

I've even got a framed picture of her going across the line framed and signed by Ledger and Pegus, haha.

Go Flash Go
Nanny Maroon
Grey Song
La Zagaletta
Noircir
Flavour
Regal Roller
Mind Your Head
Heart Of Dreams

Always seemed to catch them on the right days...

Always had something on Lohnro who bought me a few pies.

Last year the horse that got me through was Sunburnt Land. Loaded up on him a few times. Was shattered when he got hit by lightning :(

Last year the horse that got me through was Sunburnt Land. Loaded up on him a few times. Was shattered when he got hit by lightning :(

Yeah it was horrible - I was working overseas when my mate texted me the news. I had an absolute mint on Forensics in the Myer doubled into Sunburnt Land in the Salinger, and was gutted when he FLEW home after being held up for a run, definitely would have brained 'em otherwise.

He was my bet of the day on 20 Sept last year when I was at Caulfield for my bucks day. I picked 6 winners at Caulfield alone that day (IIRC I also had Orange County, Weekend Hussler and Ortensia to name a couple), but I was so smashed I couldn't even get to the betting window! It did save me having to do several more embarrassing challenges my mates had lined up for me if I'd failed to pick the winner though. :eek:

Was shattered when he was killed, I still remember the call from that day (paraphrased) "Sunburnt Land just strolls up alongside them!" he was a ripper horse. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back